Sailing Divina This Weekend / Storm/hurricaine

jewliana

Just thought it might be a good idea to start a thread here for those sailing out this weekend. As I have found before on MSC, their notification techniques leave a lot to be desired. We sailed with a changed itinerary that some people were notifd of and some found out the day of the cruise.

So I am hoping that anyone that gets updates for this cruise will post the info here.

Thanks in advance!

Just thought it might be a good idea to start a thread here for those sailing out this weekend. As I have found before on MSC, their notification techniques leave a lot to be desired. We sailed with a changed itinerary that some people were notifd of and some found out the day of the cruise.

So I am hoping that anyone that gets updates for this cruise will post the info here.

Thanks in advance!

I've been through this several times. The best storm information came from our roll calls. Both Princess and Carnival were very evasive with the information. Seems all decisions are made the very last minute.

It looks like you will be fine. Maybe some choppy seas. Fiona is finished and Gaston is moving north-west.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Sailing Divina this Saturday also...a little concerned about weather ...I am ok if itinerary changes....I know some have plans for the scheduled ports so lets hope this latest storms fizzles or turns away....so when and what bar are we all meeting at to celebrate

We are sailing also on the 27th. The storm that could cause a problem is 99L, right now National Hurricane Center has it on track to be in the Bahamas on Friday and the US late on the weekend. Should be no trouble on Saturday for embarkation. My guess is that this cruise will wind up going to Cozumel and Costa Maya.0, they also could go to the south of Cuba on to San Juan ans St Maarten, this is a longer route and maybe they would eliminate Nassua on the way back.

Thanks in advance!

They make there decisions on a day to day basis not a week ahead of time because weather and intensity changes.