2.5 year old Kids Club

A-n-T

All,

I have just reviewed the cruise threads and cannot find the answer to my question.

We have an 18 month old daughter, she has already been on a cruise (RCCL at 8 months old and LOVED IT)...

We are looking at an MSC cruise next year, and we have never been on MSC.

MSC's drop off kids club (besides the 1 hour Baby club that is only for 1 hour) does not begin until 3 years of age. On our previous cruise, we did not use the drop off much, which RCCL offers starting at 6 months, but we did use it a few times, a couple dinners and a show, it just gave us a little break and our daughter had an excellent time.

My question is, how much flexibility is there in the "minimum 3 years old", is it only a specific age they are looking for of is it a developmental rule, must be toilet trained, etc...?

Any helpful experience or positive feedback would be appreciated.

I can offer zero feedback on MSC because, like yourself, I am considering our first MSC cruise next Summer (Mediterranean ) with our 6 year old. But I do want to comment on RCI kids club since you are comparing the two cruise lines kids club. Just want to make sure we are talking/comparing the same thing - free vs. for-fee services.

Our daughter has been cruising since she was 6 months as well (or pre-birth if you count the cruise she was on while in my tummy :) ). We are very familiar with RCI as we have sailed significantly with them. Anyway, up to 3 years of age Royals Babies & Tots program is not a free drop in service. They have a "nursery" with toys and parents or caregiver must be there to play with the child

They do offer a for-fee drop in service. Is that what you did with your daughter?

Additionally, our daughter was 2 month shy of being 3 years old when we sailed the Allure of the Seas and the director did not allow her it in the Aquanauts program (3-6 year old). Our daughter was fully potty trained by 18 months and had been a Montessori for quite some time (and was fully ahead 4 year olds at her age). Yet, they still did not allow her in Aquanauts. Were you lucky enough to find a nice director who allow you to enroll your daughter in Aquanauts prior to 3 years of age?

Edited by jen70

All,

I have just reviewed the cruise threads and cannot find the answer to my question.

We have an 18 month old daughter, she has already been on a cruise (RCCL at 8 months old and LOVED IT)...

MSC's drop off kids club (besides the 1 hour Baby club that is only for 1 hour) does not begin until 3 years of age. On our previous cruise, we did not use the drop off much, which RCCL offers starting at 6 months, but we did use it a few times, a couple dinners and a show, it just gave us a little break and our daughter had an excellent time.

My question is, how much flexibility is there in the "minimum 3 years old", is it only a specific age they are looking for of is it a developmental rule, must be toilet trained, etc...?

Unfortunately, the minimum age is 3 and they are very strict regarding it. I have taken my now 3 year old on Divina since he was a couple of months old. We took full advantage of the baby program when he was younger but had to wait until our cruise in May after he turned 3 to put him in the full time club. So sorry! :(

All,

Yes, child should be 3 years old no exceptions plus toilet trained .

I want to thank everyone for their prompt responses.

I have contacted MSC directly, and they have said that it is up to the Mini Club. Contacting the Mini club early, beginning the dialogue early, potty training (a must!) and other development will sway their decision.

They have said however, that exceptions are made.

We decided that regardless of if they make an exception for our daughter or not - we like the cruise... we're booked!

-Tobes.

We used the baby and mini club on Opera last Novemeber . Our 4 year old was in the min CLub and our month short of 2 year old twins went to the baby club. I was given a pager to attend if they were upset, needed changing etc.

I want to thank everyone for their prompt responses.

I have contacted MSC directly, and they have said that it is up to the Mini Club. Contacting the Mini club early, beginning the dialogue early, potty training (a must!) and other development will sway their decision.

They have said however, that exceptions are made.

We decided that regardless of if they make an exception for our daughter or not - we like the cruise... we're booked!

-Tobes.

Yeah!

• 1 year later...
We used the baby and mini club on Opera last Novemeber . Our 4 year old was in the min CLub and our month short of 2 year old twins went to the baby club. I was given a pager to attend if they were upset, needed changing etc.

I know this is s super old thread but there is nothing out there on MSC baby clubs and I saw your comment... According to their website, MSC baby clubs are only for two, non consecutive hours a day. Did the Opera have more baby drop off hours?? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All,

Yes, must be 3 and toilet trained.