El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Here's a good deal..........

Celebrity Solstice (one of my most favorite ships)

Honolulu to Sydney, via Tahiti and New Zealand.

19 nights, departing 19 September

Concierge Class with verandah (Guarantee)

$2044 per person (cheaper than obstructed view balcony cabins)

On that big Oz website

Edited by Fletch1

On that big Oz website

This is also available with another agent with a one way flight + 2 nights in Waikiki for $3536 Conceirge Balcony.

Both Royal Caribbean and Carnival seem to have quite a few cruises under the "magic" $100/person/night figure at the moment.

If we could drop everything and go I think we'd be doing Seattle to Sydney on Explorer of the Seas (8th October) for $75/person/day. RCI are offering flights from $499 as well.

Both Royal Caribbean and Carnival seem to have quite a few cruises under the "magic" $100/person/night figure at the moment.

If we could drop everything and go I think we'd be doing Seattle to Sydney on Explorer of the Seas (8th October) for $75/person/day. RCI are offering flights from $499 as well.

Worth remembering for future years, as this is traditionally a quiet time of year for cruising. May even get better if they keep increasing the size of ships which need to be filled with passengers.

Is there are time before an RCI cruise when prices are likely to be at their lowest? When are balcony cabins likely to go 'guaranteed'? We're looking at a cruise in November :confused:

If anybody knows the answer to this question....register yourself as a business as you will make a fortune on commission!

It is very hard to try and guess the time when prices will be at their lowest. Often, booking very early, like when cruise fares are first released, fares are at their cheapest. Other times, just after final payment date is due is also a good time to pick up lower fares.....or, there is always the last minute price....3-8 weeks pre sailing.

In regard to guaranteed cabins, I know with the TA we book with, you can elect a Guaranteed status booking at the time of booking, if that category is available.

For a cruise in November, that's less than 3 months away and if I was very happy with a price now for a cruise then, I would grab it.

OK........if you have always wanted to do a World Cruise and found them to be a bit too expensive, here's one I will put out there.....

121 day world cruise - complete circumnavigation of the planet

Inside Guarantee - AUD $13,879 per person.

Departure date - 5 January 2018 from London Tilbury.

Cruise Line - Cruise and Maritime Voyages

Cruise Ship - Columbus.

For those who are familiar with P&O Australia's Pacific Pearl, the Columbus is the same ship. The Pearl leaves the P&O Fleet in April 2017, has a big makeover, then becomes the Columbus.

This cruise visits some great ports and for a world cruise, this price is pretty good. Only down side is you have to fly to London to pick it up and fly back from London at the conclusion of the cruise. The London Tilbury port is up the Thames, virtually right in London, so it is fairly easy to get to.

So you need to add a return airfare to London to the price, but even so, it is still a good price.

Cruise and Maritime Voyages have an Australian Office situated in Sydney.

Here is a link to the cruise.....

https://cmvaustralia.com/cruise/c803/grand-round-the-world-cruise

So, I was just looking at some cruise sites on the iPad (as you do) and stumbled across this one. I reckon I would have fallen over if I wasn't lying in bed.

Fraser Island Cruise A803

4 NIGHTS 13 JAN 2018 Pacific Aria cruises

INSIDE $46 ($12/day)

OUTSIDE $86 ($22/day)

We've never sailed with P&O but at this price for a short cruise I reckon I'll give them a go if this price is legit. I've filled out the online enquiry form and I'll report back when I hear from them.

It's a shame we can mention TA websites on here. :(

So, I was just looking at some cruise sites on the iPad (as you do) and stumbled across this one. I reckon I would have fallen over if I wasn't lying in bed.

INSIDE $46 ($12/day)

OUTSIDE $86 ($22/day)

We've never sailed with P&O but at this price for a short cruise I reckon I'll give them a go if this price is legit. I've filled out the online enquiry form and I'll report back when I hear from them.

Saw a similar OFFER for $131 inside and $51 outside but when I tried to get a twin, the next step took it to the full price list and could not find any bargain prices.

OK........if you have always wanted to do a World Cruise and found them to be a bit too expensive, here's one I will put out there.....

121 day world cruise - complete circumnavigation of the planet

Inside Guarantee - AUD $13,879 per person.

Departure date - 5 January 2018 from London Tilbury.

Cruise Line - Cruise and Maritime Voyages

Cruise Ship - Columbus.

For those who are familiar with P&O Australia's Pacific Pearl, the Columbus is the same ship. The Pearl leaves the P&O Fleet in April 2017, has a big makeover, then becomes the Columbus.

This cruise visits some great ports and for a world cruise, this price is pretty good. Only down side is you have to fly to London to pick it up and fly back from London at the conclusion of the cruise. The London Tilbury port is up the Thames, virtually right in London, so it is fairly easy to get to.

So you need to add a return airfare to London to the price, but even so, it is still a good price.

Cruise and Maritime Voyages have an Australian Office situated in Sydney.

Here is a link to the cruise.....

https://cmvaustralia.com/cruise/c803/grand-round-the-world-cruise

WOW, WHAT A GREAT FIND.

We've cruised on this ship when she was the Star Princess of the Princess fleet.

Pacific Pearl is the sixth cruise ship of the P&O Cruises Australia brand. She was built by Chantiers de l'Atlantique, at their shipyard in Saint-Nazaire, France, and launched in 1988 as Sitmar FairMajesty. Originally ordered for Sitmar Cruises, she was sold and first entered service with Princess Cruises as Star Princess in 1989. From 1997 to 2003, she served in the P&O Cruises fleet as MV Arcadia. She was renamed Ocean Village in 2003 when the brand was established.[2] Ocean Village was the sole cruise ship of the Ocean Village brand after the Ocean Village Two became the Pacific Jewel. She was transferred to P&O Cruises Australia and renamed Pacific Pearl.

INSIDE $46 ($12/day)

OUTSIDE $86 ($22/day)

(

Most likely bait and switch. I've bitten. Probably significant that any enquiry requires you to enter your contact details. :(

Edited by wanderingoz

Because its more likely to be a keying error and they pulled the cruise. I checked this morning on a big site and its showing as sold out. I bet more likely they have taken it off line to check and see what the damage is.

There are a lot of cruiseline slashing prices sales every five mins. You could understand if a few agents made some boo boos trying to adjust the pricing in a cut throat market.

Yes, it's hardly likely to be sold out for Jan 2018 :rolleyes:

I know that. :rolleyes: They always show them as being sold out when there is an error as well as it being sold sold out. Its the way to shut off any more bookings. Basically its been pulled for the moment. Also the sailing after its showing as sold out too.

Normally sold out is for

a. Sold out for real

b. Oops pricing stuff up

c. Opps we going to change the cruise or cancel it altogether.

We want to book Radiance Vancouver to Sydney September 8th 2017 amazingly the Hawaii leg is heavily booked

Wondering where to get the best deal for this

Also we want to go to Alaska, trip advisor recommend using HAL for this leg

Opinions please ??!!

We will have a few days between Alaska and the next leg

My brother lives in Vancouver

We are flying in 14th August, managed to get Business class on FF points, I discovered that they only seem to be there on the day the fares are released and then Poof!!! they are gone, so I grabbed them

You can email me erinjefatgmaildotcom

I await youir advice

Thanks

Erin

We want to book Radiance Vancouver to Sydney September 8th 2017 amazingly the Hawaii leg is heavily booked

Wondering where to get the best deal for this

Also we want to go to Alaska, trip advisor recommend using HAL for this leg

Opinions please ??!!

We will have a few days between Alaska and the next leg

My brother lives in Vancouver

We are flying in 14th August, managed to get Business class on FF points, I discovered that they only seem to be there on the day the fares are released and then Poof!!! they are gone, so I grabbed them

You can email me erinjefatgmaildotcom

I await youir advice

Thanks

Erin

Either HAL or Princess for Alaska because they have a license to visit certain glaciers in Alaska. That what I have read.

Its heavily booked because the Americans book that leg a lot. Depends if you are cabin fussy.

INSIDE $46 ($12/day)

OUTSIDE $86 ($22/day)

Reply from the site.

Hello,

Thank you for the enquiry you submitted via our website in regards to the Pacific Aria departing on the 13/01/2018.

Over the weekend you would have see some cheap prices advertised on this cruise and when we have gone to book them P & O have in fact said they were wrong and have advised they have given all their agents the wrong prices and were not going to honour any of the prices.

INSIDE $46 ($12/day)

OUTSIDE $86 ($22/day)

I Think there are 0s missing.:( should have been $460.

I see you have had them back out already. :(

Edited by MicCanberra

Want a great Valentines gift ?

GREAT VALENTINES DAY GIFT!

Cruise 6 nights aboard P&O Cruises (UK) ) ARCADIA

Auckland to Sydney

departing 13th February 2017 for 6 Nights

some agents are even running a Fly/Cruise special...could be either way ie Fly to Ak and cruise back to Sydney, or cruise to Sydney and fly home to NZ.

On that big Oz website

Unfortunately, I don't know the name of that website, but with a bit of googling I think I may have found it, does it by any chance start with the lettters oz?