Is it true that you need to pay for late night Pizza? Any info on Magica please help

gam888

Thanks everyone for your replies, we are still gathering all the information available for Magica to decide if we would consider sailing on her for October or not. Thanks again.

I would look at the itinerary first and foremost. Give Casablanca and Tangier a miss and go to the islands instead. Though I have not been to any of them anything should be better than the aforementioned.

We did a similar cruise on the Serena a few years ago. It included Valencia and overnight in Lisbon. Thought Casablanca was awful. We paid a taxi to take us to the mosque which was beautiful but no lights on because too expensive! Other than that nothing. We went to the market and it was horrible. Tiny little tortoises(live) for sale etc. He wanted to drag us into another shop and we said no. Cost us over a 100 euro. Your other alternative from there is to go to Marrakesh but it means ages on a coach.

We joined a Costa excursion in Tangier and the guide referred to me ,whilst speaking to hubby, as "your woman". Did not go down to well seeing as he told us how free women were in their society.

All the other ports were great.

I would definetely make my own arrangements for excurtions because Costa often cancels tours because of lack of English speakers. It's easy enough and much more fun to do your own thing. We took excursions in virtually every port 11 years ago when we were on the Magica but since then we rarely do so.

We have just been to Cadiz and Lisbon on the Pacifica. We were going to take an excursion to Gibraltar which was fortunately cancelled. It was pouring with rain on the day and it would not have been fun to be exposed to the elements on the Rock and I am sure the monkeys would have been hiding somewhere.

I had a look at the Costa website and all those October cruises are very reasonable. I don't think you would get anything similar cheaper on another line.

Good luck with your decision.

Give Casablanca and Tangier a miss and go to the islands instead.

We joined a Costa excursion in Tangier and the guide referred to me ,whilst speaking to hubby, as "your woman". Did not go down to well seeing as he told us how free women were in their society.

I'm with this. Its not pleasant. We did similar but got a taxi, the attitude to woman was terrible. We made the mistake of going to a beach (beautiful), for a swim. Its what we do everywhere...swim in the sea in all locations. Within 10 minutes of arriving, we were surrounded by men. Deserted beach except for within 10 feet of us. It felt a little intimidating, so we left in a hurry. Won't be going back, if our chosen cruise stops around here, we shall stay on board.

I'm with this. Its not pleasant. We did similar but got a taxi, the attitude to woman was terrible. We made the mistake of going to a beach (beautiful), for a swim. Its what we do everywhere...swim in the sea in all locations. Within 10 minutes of arriving, we were surrounded by men. Deserted beach except for within 10 feet of us. It felt a little intimidating, so we left in a hurry. Won't be going back, if our chosen cruise stops around here, we shall stay on board.

I loved both Casablanca and Tangier.

Casablanca has more than the Hassan II Mosque - it has Note Dame de Lourdes, THe Souks, Mohammed V Square, Beaches, Rick's Place.

Tangier admittedly has not much to put in the news - though Asilah down the coast is very interesting.

As regards the attitude to women - there was a bit of leering alright - OH decided to take it as a compliment - sometimes we don't know whether to laugh or cry - in those cases isn't it always better to laugh!