P&O's Aurora departure from Olden

Galaxy

Oh Galaxy, we just love your send offs from Olden. They always send a tingle down the spine as we wave goodbye.

I have visited Olden twice now and hope I have the chance to come again - a lovely place where we have felt so welcome.

Until the next time...... :)

Edited by Scriv

Oh Galaxy, we just love your send offs from Olden. They always send a tingle down the spine as we wave goodbye.

I have visited Olden twice now and hope I have the chance to come again - a lovely place where we have felt so welcome.

Until the next time...... :)

I second that, probably my favourite port, although cruising in any of the Fjords is magnificent.

I was there! Thank you for the video, great to see it from shore.

What a beautiful place Olden is & what a breathtaking few hours sailing down the Nordfjord, the reflections of the mountains were superb. The highlight of my trip.

Thanks for the video footage. Slightly off topic, looking to do this cruise late April next year,,what tempt retire is it likely to be please?

Also Aurora or Brittania

Late April is quite early in the year to go. Daytime temperatures are likely to be about 10C. Of course you could be lucky and get it a bit warmer or unlucky and get it a bit colder.

Personally, I wouldn't consider Britannia - far too big for me, though I know some people like her. Suddenly flooding quite a small place with several thousand tourists is likely to make everywhere very crowded (especially if any other cruise ships are also there at the same time). Also I imagine that there are some fjords that Britannia would be too big to venture into. You're also more likely to have to anchor off-shore and use the tenders to go ashore, which will eat into the time you get ashore. I've been on Aurora several times, and she's a lovely ship in my opinion.

We did the Fjords last April on Britannia and took wet weather clothes, jumpers and brollys........the weather was gorgeous and on the Flam railway trip coming back down on the coach we were in shirtsleeves when we stopped in the mountains. We were prepared for the worse and ended up with the best.

We are now booked in for a return cruise next April on Aurora and will be taking the correct clothes again but will be prepared for anything the weather throws at us. Hopefully Aurora will be as good as the Britannia which was superb.