Is there a 'bad' Concierge Guarantee Cabin?

jasm8449

There are 'bad' cabins in every class, all depending on what you need and what is important to you. With a guarantee, you can get any C3, C2, or C1 cabin. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

The good news is that once a cabin is assigned, (at least in the US), you can change to another cabin in the same category if you find that you have a 'bad' one.

Edited by gergles

• 4 weeks later...
What's the worse cabin I might get with a Concierge Guarantee?

I don't know what ship you are on but if you go to the Celebrity website and view the ships and staterooms once you select a particular category the drop down window will give you an explanation of features. Within that section I found this description under the Summit for Concierge rooms.

Staterooms 9064, 9066, 9071, 9073, 9090, 9092 and 9098 have partially obstructed views.

Staterooms 9094 and 9100 have smaller verandas that are semi-private.

So I guess on some ships there may be some less desirable rooms. But like everything else it's subjective

Edited by Iamcruzin

If you look at the spreadsheet on the sticky for S class rooms at the top of the page, you will see that people complain about many of the Concierge class room on deck 12 having too much noise from the buffet. We booked a C2 gty. & were assigned a room on deck 12. I waited until a C2 became available on another deck, notified my TA, & he changed us to another deck, midship without a problem.

I don't know what ship you are on but if you go to the Celebrity website and view the ships and staterooms once you select a particular category the drop down window will give you an explanation of features. Within that section I found this description under the Summit for Concierge rooms.

Staterooms 9064, 9066, 9071, 9073, 9090, 9092 and 9098 have partially obstructed views.

Staterooms 9094 and 9100 have smaller verandas that are semi-private.

So I guess on some ships there may be some less desirable rooms. But like everything else it's subjective

I think the OP is referring to the S-Class ship based on upcoming cruises scheduled on Silhouette.

Hi, can anyone help me understand these "Concierge Class" rooms?

Celebrity Equinox - Look at the deck plans http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-equinox#Deck_Plans/ships/celebrity-equinox/deck-plans

Deck 9 9104, 9106, 9121, 9122

Why these rooms? Why in this location so separate from all other CC staterooms?

Celebrity Equinox - Look at the deck plans http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-equinox#Deck_Plans/ships/celebrity-equinox/deck-plans

That certainly is strange. :confused:

Must be something new as they are not showing CC class in the 2014/2015 book that I have.

Edited by If only

That is strange. They are even separated by regular verandas. They aren't even grouped together. The only thing that I can think of is that with the all inclusive for CC and higher they may have run out of CC rooms and just added rooms as needed When someone books guaranty. I have read that unlike M class ships there isn't any difference in size between a regular veranda and a CC veranda. It wouldn't be difficult to just provide the few extra amenities that separate a veranda from CC class.

I'm the OP. I switched to a Concierge Guaranty (don't normally book Concierge...don't think the extra charge is worth the 'perks'), but with resident rates it was less expensive than my original 1B (even at Elite 1C price). I'm happy for the extra CC points. Was assigned a C3 forward 4 months before cruise and was able to switch it to a C3 midship -very happy. BTW I did forget to mention it is on the Silhouette.

That is strange. They are even separated by regular verandas. They aren't even grouped together. The only thing that I can think of is that with the all inclusive for CC and higher they may have run out of CC rooms and just added rooms as needed When someone books guaranty. I have read that unlike M class ships there isn't any difference in size between a regular veranda and a CC veranda. It wouldn't be difficult to just provide the few extra amenities that separate a veranda from CC class.

Yes, I recall a post a couple of months ago where the OP on that thread had booked a CC GTY and had received a recategorised 1B cabin. Apparently, it is when X are 'short' of CC cabins (possibly because of the last 123go all inclusive CC promo). Obviously, as stated above, not too difficult to add the couple of perks between CC and a regular veranda.

On our Equinox sailing in August, a while back, there was a whole section of forward deck 9 that was showing on a certain cruise site as CC cabins. X have since returned them to the 1B category - perhaps as they weren't selling? Possibly they have recategorised these on the deck plans so that pax aren't too upset if they are issued the cabins when they have reserved a CC GTY, or when they are running 'short' :D?

Yes, I recall a post a couple of months ago where the OP on that thread had booked a CC GTY and had received a recategorised 1B cabin. Apparently, it is when X are 'short' of CC cabins (possibly because of the last 123go all inclusive CC promo). Obviously, as stated above, not too difficult to add the couple of perks between CC and a regular veranda.

On our Equinox sailing in August, a while back, there was a whole section of forward deck 9 that was showing on a certain cruise site as CC cabins. X have since returned them to the 1B category - perhaps as they weren't selling? Possibly they have recategorised these on the deck plans so that pax aren't too upset if they are issued the cabins when they have reserved a CC GTY, or when they are running 'short' :D?

No doubt. It's probably just a click or two to change the color of the box on the deck plan. Actually I think it's a great idea in terms of business. Give the people what they want. If they want to pay more let them.

Edited by Iamcruzin

This goes for ANY cabin, not just CC: anything that's relatively midship and not under loud public places (gym, pool, cafe) would be my pick. My IDEAL cabins are the ones on the flat part of the hump at the midship elevators; I'm not a particular fan of the large balconies because they make the room dark (again, IMO) but I know many people covet them. But we all have differing priorities.

My idea of a great balcony is one that is midship sandwiched between two floors of rooms. I don't care if it's a regular veranda or CC. I will never book Aqua no matter how good Blu may be or if it's less than other categories. Those staterooms are in the worst location of the ship.

My idea of a great balcony is one that is midship sandwiched between two floors of rooms. I don't care if it's a regular veranda or CC. I will never book Aqua no matter how good Blu may be or if it's less than other categories. Those staterooms are in the worst location of the ship.

On the M-class, the cabins on deck 11 (all A1's) are some of the best located on the ship. There are also some very good A2 cabins with no noise above behind the midship elevator (9108 and back)

No doubt. It's probably just a click or two to change the color of the box on the deck plan. Actually I think it's a great idea in terms of business. Give the people what they want. If they want to pay more let them.
The idea that Celebrity can change the class of a cabin by "just a click or two" seems shady at best .

I'm sure you are correct that "it's a great idea in terms of business" at least in the short term .

At what point are they being too clever for their own good ? (Willing to concede the answer may be never)

The idea that Celebrity can change the class of a cabin by "just a click or two" seems shady at best .

I'm sure you are correct that "it's a great idea in terms of business" at least in the short term .

At what point are they being too clever for their own good ? (Willing to concede the answer may be never)

This can only work if the passenger perceives that the value of a CC is a better value than a standard veranda. As long as they continue to offer the three perks in CC and price the veranda just high enough that if you add in the perks it works out to be a better deal to book a CC. Granted this won't work on those who don't value any of the three perks offered. But honestly other than receiving the perks there really isn't any added value to booking a CC over a veranda on a S class ship. I was setting out to book a veranda on the Summit but when I added the value of the perks which I would have paid for anyway I came out $78 pp ahead of the game. I couldn't care less about the marketing fluff. We usually book an ocean view so this is a big step up for us with or without the fluffy rob and towels.