Guarantee cabins

adaemma

You get sort of a random cabin in the lowest category of your booking ie. lowest suite, concierge, balcony etc that is available. No consideration until time of departure for Captains Club level. I would guess they would bump up a Zenith member, but anyone else would be competing with Elite or Elite+ that paid a regular fare and they would get any upgrades available.

How does Celebrity assign guarantee cabins to guests? Do they take into consideration your loyalty level or randomly?

Ada

I don't believe that they give any consideration to how many cruises you have been on, it is a cae of first come first served with GTY. I say this as we are Elite Plus and don't think that matters at all. We have been GTY last 2 cruises & 1 we were upgraded 2 catagories & the last one lowest catagorey. They would upgrade whoever paid the most.

Edited by If only

From my experience, I think it is completely random...

We are just about to cross over to Elite Plus and have four Celebrity cruises booked in the next 16 months...

One of those--our next-up Alaska cruise--was a guarantee rate...

There are LOTS of available cabins in higher categories, but, for budget's sake, we decided to just grab an inside guarantee rate on this one...

...and we were assigned a Deck 2 inside cabin...Sort of hard to do much worse...

If Captains Club or number of cruises meant anything, you'd think we might be in line for an upgrade...

But, we've done guarantee rates many times...

On a couple, we've had Concierge Guarantees--and were assigned C2 Cabins--so, not the lowest level (C3)...but, why? Who knows...

One thing for certain--We have NEVER been assigned a true upgrade (like inside to OV or concierge to suite)...

Every time we've booked a balcony guarantee, we've ended up in a balcony...every time we've booked a Concierge guarantee, we've ended up in a Concierge...

But, for the most part, the reason to book the guarantee with Celebrity is NOT the dream of being upgraded drastically...It's for the price break one usually gets for accepting the guarantee rather than choosing your cabin...

An inside guarantee can usually be a little risky...you could get something noisy near some equipment...But, a balcony guarantee...or a Concierge guarantee or a Suite guarantee? What is the worst balcony or worst Concierge or worst Suite on the ship? It's usually well worth the discounted price.

How does Celebrity assign guarantee cabins to guests? Do they take into consideration your loyalty level or randomly?

Ada

No. We are Elite+ and our last cruise we booked a guarantee inside cabin and were given a category 11 down on deck 2. I also found out later that people who booked after us at a lower rate were given a better cabin category then we got. So there seems to be very little rhyme or reason if you ask me. It's the luck of the draw.

From my experience, I think it is completely random...

We are just about to cross over to Elite Plus and have four Celebrity cruises booked in the next 16 months...

One of those--our next-up Alaska cruise--was a guarantee rate...

There are LOTS of available cabins in higher categories, but, for budget's sake, we decided to just grab an inside guarantee rate on this one...

...and we were assigned a Deck 2 inside cabin...Sort of hard to do much worse...

If Captains Club or number of cruises meant anything, you'd think we might be in line for an upgrade...

But, we've done guarantee rates many times...

On a couple, we've had Concierge Guarantees--and were assigned C2 Cabins--so, not the lowest level (C3)...but, why? Who knows...

One thing for certain--We have NEVER been assigned a true upgrade (like inside to OV or concierge to suite)...

Every time we've booked a balcony guarantee, we've ended up in a balcony...every time we've booked a Concierge guarantee, we've ended up in a Concierge...

But, for the most part, the reason to book the guarantee with Celebrity is NOT the dream of being upgraded drastically...It's for the price break one usually gets for accepting the guarantee rather than choosing your cabin...

An inside guarantee can usually be a little risky...you could get something noisy near some equipment...But, a balcony guarantee...or a Concierge guarantee or a Suite guarantee? What is the worst balcony or worst Concierge or worst Suite on the ship? It's usually well worth the discounted price.

Hey, long time no hear. How is it going? We are almost neighbors - I work in Westlake Village now. I drive in on the 118 but I drive home on the 101. I keep waiving, but you never wave back. :(

No. We are Elite+ and our last cruise we booked a guarantee inside cabin and were given a category 11 down on deck 2. I also found out later that people who booked after us at a lower rate were given a better cabin category then we got. So there seems to be very little rhyme or reason if you ask me. It's the luck of the draw.

One thing puzzles me -- if there is a category X balcony guarantee and a category 2D guarantee does this mean that the category X category has the better chance of a higher category balcony, or just not?? And why do Celebrity offer this?

If you are realistic and give it some serious thought I think it would be a logistic nightmare to try and juggle all of the guarantees according to loyalty, captain club status and etc considering all the cruises and passengers that are booked thought the fleet.

I think it is just a random by luck and chance that you get soemthing better than the category that you booked.

I also think it has to do with the price paid when booked. I have seen a few times where the balcony guaranteed cost more than a suite. I am hoping or thinking that they would get a suite, but then again why would you book a balcony guranteed for more that a suite?

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I have read many times on this site of new cruisers (new to the specific cruiseline) who get an upgrade either after booking a particular cabin, or after booking a GTY. The logic is that the cruiseline wants to impress the new cruise and entice them to sail again.

My 2 daughters and I originally booked a 1A Verandah. We then upgraded ourselves to a CC to receive the 123 All Inclusive. Recently, we upgraded to a Suite GTY for my elbow room. :D We immediately received our assignment in an SS2. Yes, that was the lowest Suite category, but also what I was expecting. No, I take that back. I was expecting worse. I thought we would be assigned a handicapped SS2. ;)

Today I found out that relatives may join us on their first Celebrity cruise. They've never sailed on anything but Disney. I have found them 2 GTY rates. If they book, they will probably end up in the Reflection Suite! :rolleyes: That's the luck of the draw sometimes. :confused:

Edited by Iamthesea

We were on Reflection last year with our friends who have only cruised Celebrity the 3 times they were with us. My husband & I are just about a cruise away from elite+, they are classic members. We both paid the same fare, but we actually booked ours several months before they did. We both upgraded to a suite GTY the same day, by the same travel agent. There were lots of suites available at the time, some very close to each other.

Our friends were assigned an S1 & we were given an S2. Our reservations were linked and our original CC cabins were a few doors apart. Our new cabins were as far apart as any 2 suites could be.

So bottom line is, I don't believe they don't take loyalty, timing of original booking, linked reservations, etc. into consideration. From the times we have done a guarantee, it appears to be completely random and just the luck of the draw.

Our next cruise is our first guarantee and I couldn't be more pleased.

I grabbed an XC (that offering disappeared quickly), knowing that we'd be pleased with any C3 on our upcoming Equinox TA.

Received a nice aft location within four weeks of booking, and saved $1,000 by not booking a specific C3.

The key is knowing you'd be happy anywhere in THAT category.

We have been with the same TA for many years, and recently we had a discussion about "Guarantees". What was the cruiseline's criteria, etc.? We were told that there is a computer program that decides the assignments.

Twice we have booked a Suite Guarantee, and both times under unusual circumstances.

The first time we had paid a very high fare for an S2 cabin. We were happy with this particular cabin, but immediately after final payment, the total price of the cabin dropped by over $4000.00.

At that time there was a Suite Guarantee (W) available. In our case, there weren't any S1 or S2 cabins left...only CS and above. We changed our booking to a Suite Guarantee...still keeping the higher fare, and gambled on one of the higher Suites. We were assigned a Royal Suite.

The second time, we again booked an S2 cabin, and again at a very high fare. But we wanted to go on this particular cruise, so we paid the fee. And again, after final payment, the Suite fares dropped dramatically, and there was a Suite Guarantee available. This time it was a $4500.00 drop in fares.

But there was a game changer in changing our booking. We would lose our original deposit fee, and possibly not get our cabin of choice. But we again gambled and ultimately ended up with same cabin...and a savings of $3400.00.

My point is...if you know the risks, and are willing to jump in and be happy with a choice, and possibly get lucky...then go for it. But you had better be pretty knowledgeable about what your risking, and what you could possibly lose in the process.

For our future bookings, we just may wait until after final payment to book Suites. We enjoy the extra space and locations.

We were on Reflection last year with our friends who have only cruised Celebrity the 3 times they were with us. My husband & I are just about a cruise away from elite+, they are classic members. We both paid the same fare, but we actually booked ours several months before they did. We both upgraded to a suite GTY the same day, by the same travel agent. There were lots of suites available at the time, some very close to each other.

Our friends were assigned an S1 & we were given an S2. Our reservations were linked and our original CC cabins were a few doors apart. Our new cabins were as far apart as any 2 suites could be.

So bottom line is, I don't believe they don't take loyalty, timing of original booking, linked reservations, etc. into consideration. From the times we have done a guarantee, it appears to be completely random and just the luck of the draw.

Interesting as we had the complete opposite experience recently. We are a family of four and last cruise did quad share. But on our next cruise they were offering GTY twin share balcony rates. We hummed and ahhed as we realised the two cabins assigned could be anywhere, not even on the same deck. But the pricing was too good to refuse, accepting that we may need to split up and have 1 adult, 1 child in each cabin.

When the cabins were assigned imagine our surprise when not only were they next door, but actual interconnecting cabins!! And they were 1C grade, so quite a jump from the lead in 2D we were expecting [emoji2][emoji43]

I would not presume to know how they work the GTY allocations out, nor would we expect to be so lucky should we (likely) make use of GTY pricings again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

The key is knowing you'd be happy anywhere in THAT category.

This is the bottom line, really.

I've done 2 guarantees with Celebrity. On just my second cruise with them, I had a balcony guarantee, and felt I'd be fine even if it ended up being a 2D obstructed. I was assigned a Sunset Verandah (to Hawaii, which was awesome!). Just booked a guarantee concierge for next month, and have been assigned a C3 on the Sky deck, which is perfectly fine.

So yeah, I'm pretty pleased with whatever system they use.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm a little confused- I haven't sailed with Celebrity before and I haven't booked Guarantee until this cruise.

I booked Concierge Class Guarantee a few weeks ago for a May 2015 on the Solstice. I just checked our booking because I was signing up for the Cruise Critic gathering and saw we had a state room assignment.

Our travel agent said we would have at least a Concierge Class assignment and may be bumped up to Aqua.

Well, the state room is on Deck 9 at the front of the ship and is listed as only a Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom Veranda and shows as a standard state room on the deck plan. On the ticket is says our category is C3.

What's up with this?

Also I'm not excited about being in the front of the ship- I didn't consider this possibility since there were no Concierge cabins shown in the front on any of the deckplans.

Should I call Celebrity or the Travel agent? Will the assignment be changed again before we sail?

Thanks for any advice on this!

Edited by lupa
left out info

I'm a little confused- I haven't sailed with Celebrity before and I haven't booked Guarantee until this cruise.

I booked Concierge Class Guarantee a few weeks ago for a May 2015 on the Solstice. I just checked our booking because I was signing up for the Cruise Critic gathering and saw we had a state room assignment.

Our travel agent said we would have at least a Concierge Class assignment and may be bumped up to Aqua.

Well, the state room is on Deck 9 at the front of the ship and is listed as only a Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom Veranda and shows as a standard state room on the deck plan. On the ticket is says our category is C3.

What's up with this?

Also I'm not excited about being in the front of the ship- I didn't consider this possibility since there were no Concierge cabins shown in the front on any of the deckplans.

Should I call Celebrity or the Travel agent? Will the assignment be changed again before we sail?

Thanks for any advice on this!

What is the cabin #? You're right, I don't see any CC cabins on the 9th floor forward, only in the aft. If you booked a CC guarantee, there is an error and you need to contact your TA ASAP. You ARE guaranteed at least a C3 cabin or higher. It is very unlikely that they'll change your cabin once assigned.

However, once you receive your CC cabin assignment, you can change into any other available cabin in that same class, i.e. C3, C2, etc.

Please come back and let us know what happens.

Edited by CathyCruises

What is the cabin #? You're right, I don't see any CC cabins on the 9th floor forward, only in the aft. If you booked a CC guarantee, there is an error and you need to contact your TA ASAP. You ARE guaranteed at least a C3 cabin or higher. It is very unlikely that they'll change your cabin once assigned.

However, once you receive your CC cabin assignment, you can change into any other available cabin in that same class, i.e. C3, C2, etc.

Please come back and let us know what happens.

Hi Cathy-

The ticket says stateroom 9102 :(

It does say category C3 as well.

I have a message in to the agent that booked us. Got an out of office message- out till tomorrow, then another agent sent a message offering to look into it, but I only got their voice mail and now I think they may be gone for the day.

Trying not to get upset and let it ruin my day. I booked through this agency about 4 years ago and there were no problems.

-Lisa