Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

When I asked my wife which was her favorite cruise , she didn't hesitate . The April , 2009 Transatlantic crossing on the Celebrity Constellation . It was a great cruise with beautiful weather , a calm sea , and a lovely aft facing cabin . Our first and only cruise on Celebrity , it included a nice mixture of port days and relaxing days at sea , on a fairly empty ship , and all at a great price . Our dream vacation .

So in an effort to recapture that great cruise , we booked the April 21 cruise from Miami to London , that had a similar itinerary on the Celebrity Eclipse . So come with us now as we relive this trip using photos , videos and the printed word . Now I don't pretend to be a professional photographer , but I do enjoy taking photos . And like Rod Stewart , I believe that " every picture tells a story " , and so I'll be using lots of photos - to tell the story . So are you ready ? OK , lets go !

On April 21 st , we were the only cruise ship at the Port of Miami . We were the first cruise after the Eclipse's dry dock in the Bahamas . Here we are waiting our turn to board .

DSC02132_zpse2ygipr3.jpg

Our turn ! Having fun with 41 .

DSC02138_zps8nktb9tf.jpg

Sunset Veranda # 7364

DSC02145_zps6xywccpt.jpg

Aft balcony

6bd6392c-98e2-40f2-841c-c8278b0c6e25_zpssdyvr87l.jpg

The port of Miami

DSC02150_zpszb66gecy.jpg

Welcome aboard everyone !

DSC02191_zpskr5gyglx.jpg

For those readers unfamiliar with our reviews I suppose that we should issue a warning .

Warning : There will be graphic displays of food in this review .

So after dropping our bags , I was so hungry that I could eat the bark off of a tree . But we settled for a place that we had wanted to try - The bistro on 5 . We like to try different food venues and we thought that this one would be nice and quite . And for only $ 10 each , our wishes were granted .

IMG_4874_zpsznud1hr9.jpg

Chicken Caesar

DSC02160-001_zpsfwcszxbi.jpg

And a Shredded Spicy Steak crepe for me

DSC02164_zpsqg0qwjiu.jpg

And a Mushroom burger for her

DSC02165_zps1febzhux.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 1

Looking great already, I am pleased you liked the BO5 as I have heard lots of bad reviews on the food quality as well as the price going from $7-$10. I suspected they may have been over the top but you never can tell if you hear nothing positive.

Keep it coming, cheers Mic.:D

Looking great already, I am pleased you liked the BO5 as I have heard lots of bad reviews on the food quality as well as the price going from $7-$10. I suspected they may have been over the top but you never can tell if you hear nothing positive.

Keep it coming, cheers Mic.:D

Amazing pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post your pictures and your review.....:):):)

Bob

It's great to hear from our fellow Niceinga cruisers. We're now looking forward to our Fall back TA . :) :D

Looking forward to your updates on Eclipse after her dry dock.

I did wonder if anyone would post a review.

Thank you.

Great job! Looking forward to seeing more

Me too! Love all the pics ~

Thanks everyone , welcome aboard !! :) :D

Well it gonna be a long cruise - with lots of photos and videos , so perhaps an introduction may help . We're Pat and Joe from sunny South Florida where we love Scuba and cruising , hence the name Scubacruiser times 2 . Here's a shot of us from the London Kensington Gardens .

691fbeda-6282-45d4-a8f6-7f90f622b93d_zpscdeyy6i4.jpg

You may also notice that we like food and photography . Maybe we should we should be called Hungryshutterbugx2 in the future . :) :D

Well it gonna be a long cruise - with lots of photos and videos , so perhaps an introduction may help . We're Pat and Joe from sunny South Florida where we love Scuba and cruising , hence the name Scubacruiser times 2 . Here's a shot of us from the London Kensington Gardens .

691fbeda-6282-45d4-a8f6-7f90f622b93d_zpscdeyy6i4.jpg

You may also notice that we like food and photography . Maybe we should we should be called Hungryshutterbugx2 in the future . :) :D

Great photo .

Perhaps you could combine both names 'Scubahungryshutterbugcruiserx2' but it would get a bit long.:p

Edited by MicCanberra