In-room beverage setup

pickypicky

We're new to Celebrity, booked to sail in a few months, and are considering the in-room setup. I have read the previous posts on the topic and am still confused about this statement on Celebrity's website:

"The Classic Stateroom Bar Setup includes a sophisticated collection of brands such as Seagram's®, Beefeater®, Captain Morgan® and more. You may also choose from a list of mixers, including Coca-Cola® products, Ginger Ale, tonic water or juices. Price shown is per person, per day."

How can one bottle of booze cost $80 per day, per person? I'm guessing that this is a mistake, but maybe I'm just being dense:o

Also, can anyone confirm the size of the bottle?

Thanks to anyone who can help me. I tried emailing them but the link failed.

That is confusing.

My husband has gotten Johnny Walker Black in the past. Since it is a premium liquor the cost was about $100 I think for a regular size bottle (750ml ?). It included six cans of club soda and a box of mixed nuts. The price was for the bottle and set up and not per person per day.

We usually stay in a suite and our butler got it for him. The charge showed up on our bill. I would think a cabin attendant would also get it for you when staying in a stateroom.

Once again the website confuses.

We're new to Celebrity, booked to sail in a few months, and are considering the in-room setup. I have read the previous posts on the topic and am still confused about this statement on Celebrity's website:

"The Classic Stateroom Bar Setup includes a sophisticated collection of brands such as Seagram's®, Beefeater®, Captain Morgan® and more. You may also choose from a list of mixers, including Coca-Cola® products, Ginger Ale, tonic water or juices. Price shown is per person, per day."

How can one bottle of booze cost $80 per day, per person? I'm guessing that this is a mistake, but maybe I'm just being dense:o

Also, can anyone confirm the size of the bottle?

Thanks to anyone who can help me. I tried emailing them but the link failed.

I've ordered that in the past with Jack Daniels, it is not $80 per day but the price for the entire set up. You will find lots of mistakes on Celebrity's web site. You will receive the soda's, some nuts and whatever booze you order. I would guess sizes differ.

Thanks so much for your replies. That's great to know! I still find it a bit odd that they don't tell you how many ounces are in whichever bottle you choose. That could make a big difference, too. So, if I order in advance, it will be set up when we get to our stateroom?

GREAT line Cruisestitch! !:p:eek: It truly is the WORST!

OP:

The bottles are one liter in size, and you can mix/match the 6 cans of mixers.

We had had pre-ordered two setups before our sailing on the Equinox, and they were in our cabin at arrival. However, there was only one box of mixed nuts. When I asked about the 2nd box, I was told "only one", and I said nooooooo, EACH bottle was a separate order (at $80/order, I wanted the nuts!) The 2nd box was delivered a bit later.

Also, they will deliver all the mixers at once (we had 12). We cleared out the mini-fridge (put in bag and tucked in closet), so we could use the fridge.

The one downside to enjoying the in-room setup was Celebrity's tiny ice bucket, and the fact that our steward didn't come on duty in the evening until around 6ish. Despite his best efforts, we never had ice when we wanted to mix a drink before dinner..... (a trip to the ice machine in the buffet was needed).

"The one downside to enjoying the in-room setup was Celebrity's tiny ice bucket, and the fact that our steward didn't come on duty in the evening until around 6ish. Despite his best efforts, we never had ice when we wanted to mix a drink before dinner..... (a trip to the ice machine in the buffet was needed."

Well that's a pain:(

it states: " *Starting from: 80.00 USD Per PACKAGE" and not per day.

Must have been a mis-read possibly?

Keep on reading...the quote in my OP was copied and pasted directly from Celebrity's website.

We have purchased the bar set up and were very pleased. However the list is limited. I wanted Lemoncello for the room and it was not on the list. My TA called Celebrity and we were told that it is not available for the bar set up, but, once on board your cabin attendant can purchase it from the bar for you. So that is what we did. You just don't get the mixers or nuts. So, I brought my own!

I will be doing a trip across the Atlantic, I just signed up for two bar setups. Hopefully I will be able to get the bottles I want!

Confused.... why are you hopeful? Didn't you order the exact bottles you wanted? :confused: I did for our recent TA....

Confused.... why are you hopeful? Didn't you order the exact bottles you wanted? :confused: I did for our recent TA....

Leaving out of Rome, some people advised me that not all selections of bottles are available! So I honestly don't know!

Leaving out of Rome, some people advised me that not all selections of bottles are available! So I honestly don't know!

I'm assuming your answer is based on purchasing the bar set-up once onboard, correct?

I did not do that. I pre-paid for our two bottles from the gift section of their website.

Downside to that is you can't use any OBC.

Upside to that is you do not pay an 18% service charge, and you get the exact bottles you want (from their list).

we have ordered the bar set up on most of our Celebrity cruises..we too like that drink on our veranda before/after dinner. We always ask for ice by 4-5..Just had to ask once and it ALWAYS was in our room. After the first few times, sliced lime showed up too!! So unsure why you would have a problem getting ice. There always seems to be someone on duty 24/7.

We are fans of the In Room Bar Setup - having utilized it several times. A bit pricey but we are on vacation and even with the Beverage Package - who wants to have to trot to the bar each and every time. Mixing a drink in cabin, to enjoy on the balcony, pre dinner is once of cruising's sweetest moments to us. :)

Whether in a concierge cabin or a suite - a request to our room steward to keep the ice stocked all day - along with a tip - and we've never had to leave the cabin for ice. :D

Edited by Jane2357

We do the bar set up. 750ml bottle of Crown Royal The cashews are wonderful. You do only get 6 cans of mixer per alcohol bottle the cost is a one time charge. Well worth it

I am considering ordering the bar set up for our Mediterranean cruise. Would the six pack of tonic that I would order with the bottle of alcohol come in cans or bottles?:confused:

Cans when we ordered.