Waitlist question

john2003

I should call my TA but they aren't available at the moment.

I have a waitlist on a cruise a year out. Just looked at the O website and see that the category shows as Guar. Should I not have been contacted through my TA?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Forums mobile app

The only thing that "Guarantee" signifies is that folks buying in at that cabin level, are no longer being assigned to specific staterooms.

A Guarantee offers the seller the ability to fill the ship more efficiently, and gives the passenger the security that they will be sailing on the cruise in one of the "buy in level cabins", or a better one.

The Cruise Line may sell Guarantees in good faith, even after a given class of cabin is completely sold out; provided that other, better accommodations are substituted prior to sailing day.

A waitlist holds ones' place while waiting for a cabin within that category to open up.

Two very different products.

I should call my TA but they aren't available at the moment.

I have a waitlist on a cruise a year out. Just looked at the O website and see that the category shows as Guar. Should I not have been contacted through my TA?

Was the CAT wait listed when you booked ??

When you book a waitlist, do you lock in at the current price?

Robert

No. Waitlists are filled at the current price when the offer, if any, is made.

These only make sense to me if one already has a cabin booked and has another on a wait list, hoping to change categories, up or down from the one booked or perhaps if not booked and hoping to join already booked friends.

Otherwise too many down-sides for me.

That would make sense except that O told me I was #1 on the list.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Forums mobile app

A few months ago I questioned my TA why the Oceania web-site was showing a vacancy in a cabin that we were wait-listed for, yet we hadn't received any communication from Oceania about the cabin being available.

The response the TA received was:

"
The procedure would be that if somebody cancelled their booking this would then be automatically released into the live system. When Miami open they run a report to see if any apply to the waitlists currently in the system, however as this cancellation could be somewhere in Europe the time frames can be different.

It appears that there is a major flaw in the wait-list system. Somebody visiting the Oceania web-site in the period between the cabin becoming vacant and the wait-list report being processed, would queue jump and get first access to the cabin!

Seems like Oceania need to automate the process so that cabins are not released until any wait-listed options had been exhausted.

Really sorry John and Baanndb. So frustrating. Hope you get cleared (for real) soon.

Thanks Petoonya - After contacting our TA, she was able to secure the cabin we were after. My concern was having confidence to trust the waitlist process in the future.

I note that we are both booked for the Tahiti - LA cruise in May next year!

We were also listed as #1 on the waitlist for our cruise. After 2 days, we cleared the waitlist and given a guarantee status. I've never been on either before, but since it's a PH1, the location should be ok. I never knew that guarantee could move you to a higher cabin status. I can't see getting a better cat. suite though. Our cruise is in Feb.

Is everyone aware that there are two ways of getting on the wait list - one is to just waitlist, and the other is to put a deposit on the waitlist. Those that deposit go to the top of the wait list; those that don't move further down when someone else puts up the deposit.

at the time of booking get the cabin you like in a category you find except able and dont sit and stress for a year, waiting for this or that to POSSIBLY happen...but then MAYBE not happen Either a guarantee or a solid book will price protect and cruise protect you... Wait list is really like going to Las Vegas, some win some loose. and you have to still pay a deposit !!!

If the cruise is one that is important to you , why play "vacation "chicken", where both price and cabin are unknowns. and Oceania is rolling the dice.. Is it worth it????

Remember you can always get more money, you can't get more time...use both wisely