Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Pandabear90

Posting this to many ports I'm visiting. Hoping for many ideas.

My head is spinning trying to figure out what to do at our ports. We've been on a couple of cruises (Oasis/Liberty, with western/eastern itineraries), so all new ones this time except St. Maarten. Could I get some suggestions based on what we want to do at some ports?

Our likes include

-visiting the must see of each island with the best scenery for pictures

-beach

-horseback riding

-catamaran/snorkeling

-zip lining

-touring

etc...

Any you would suggest?

Some places have must do's and don't want to miss that either. Open to ideas, but would like suggestions on the must do's for each island!

Barbados-

St Kitts- sir timothy hill for pics?

St Johns, Antigua-

St Lucia- pitons?

St Maarten- Been to once, went horseback riding and maho beach.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

-Nick

• 4 weeks later...

My head is spinning trying to figure out what to do at our ports. We've been on a couple of cruises (Oasis/Liberty, with western/eastern itineraries), so all new ones this time except St. Maarten. Could I get some suggestions based on what we want to do at some ports?

Our likes include

-beach

-horseback riding

-catamaran/snorkeling

-zip lining

-touring

etc...

Any you would suggest?

Some places have must do's and don't want to miss that either. Open to ideas, but would like suggestions on the must do's for each island!

Barbados-

St Johns, Antigua-

St Lucia- pitons?

-Nick

hey nick

hubby and i were just in Antigua in dec. did a tour with Gordon Finch. We went all over the island and then ended at a beach for a couple of hours, where they had a bbq set up for us. It was a blast to see all the places around the island. I think the cost was $50.

We will be there again in 3 weeks and I contacted him about another tour.

He emailed my back within a few hours.

We are both in our 40's and friends that were with us were in their 70's and the tour catered to all ages. One of our group can't walk long distances and there was never a issue. The ones that wanted to hike and see things did and they arranged other things for our friend.

Hope you have great time. It was one of our favorite islands so far.

We used Adventure Antigua a couple of years ago (booked the eco tour) and cannot recommend them highly enough! Incredibly high quality tours and their customer service is second none. They keep the groups small and treat you like a valued guest. We will be back in Antigua in June and have already emailed them to book with them again.

I just wanted to mention (you had mentioned of being in St. Lucia too), what we were planning on doing there the first week in April.

It has been almost 9 years since I have been back to St. Lucia, and I am looking forward to it. I found on CC, that several had recommended Cosol Tours, so I contacted them. For the cost, and everthing that goes with this tour, I believe it will be worth it.

We still don't know exactly what we will be doing in Antiqua, but maybe a beach and shops/vendors close by?

Hi again,

We did Cosol Tours a couple years ago. Awesome tour guides and one of the most beautiful beach stops we have ever been to. We did the island tour and then went on a boat to jealousy beach. I think that was the name. It was the beach between the 2 pitons. And they took us back to the ship by boat. So you really got to see alot of the island. It was one of the best tours we have ever done. I highly recommend them.

We LOVED Paddles on our recent visit to Antigua. I'd actually done the excursion about 10-12 years ago, on a previous visit. Still owned by the same UK family that relocated to the island over 30 years ago. The excursion involves touring first by bus, then by speed boat, then exploring the mangroves by kayak. You finish on Great Bird Island, the most amazingly beautiful uninhabited island. From there, you can choose to go snorkeling or remain on Bird Island to explore. You return to home base by speed boat for banana bread and rum punch. Beautiful island. Great way to see it. Very reasonable cost.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw that you got several comments about St. Lucia and Cosol. Though this was more than a few years ago our experience was outstanding. The beach and the sights were great. Also had a chance to sample local foods and still remember the fresh bread. Relaxing at beach near the Pitons is still among my great memories. Also I felt more comfortable as there were at least 10 vans on our trip with drivers galore. We were not left to small group with possible safety issues. All went well!

Our likes include

-beach

-horseback riding

-catamaran/snorkeling

-zip lining

-touring

etc...

Any you would suggest?

Barbados-

St Johns, Antigua-

St Lucia- pitons?

-Nick

St. Kitts - it will be my first time there this year as well, so I booked a rainforest Eco tour with Grey's tours. I've heard a lot of good things about them here and on trip advisor

Antigua - In Septmeber, my Mom, Sis and I went to Valley Church beach. GORGEOUS beach with white sand and turquoise water. They have a restaurant/ bar there, bathroom facilities and you can also rent jet skis and various floaties there. If I remember correctly, chairs were $5 and umbrellas were $10, but I'm not 100% sure.

St. Lucia - We did a tour with Spencer Ambrose. We did his speed boat tour to Jalousie beach (also known as sugar beach). I can't say enough good about him and his crew! They were fantastic. They provide beverages and lunch, and he and his staff are very attentive. I enjoyed it so much that I booked another tour this November for my BF and I, except this time we are doing his land and sea tour. BTW he also has a zip lining tour as well I believe.

St. Maarten - We were also here in September, and just went to Maho. The beach was GONE at this point, just a bunch of boulders, so we just sat at the sunset bar and watched the planes. I have heard a lot of good things about Orient beach and Le galion beach as well. I also believe the butterfly farm is close to here as well. I hope this helps :D