Sacred Cavern Experience

Cpw221

We are trying to decide how to spend our day in Progresso next month. DH and I have been to progresso once previously, but this will be our first cruise with the kids. DS-14, DD-12.

We've been going back and forth about Carnival's Sacred Cavern experience, and snorkel adventure. The excursion has awesome reviews, and I think we'd all enjoy it, but I'm talking myself out of it due to the cost-$340 for the four of us. Also, we'd like to have some time to shop before heading back to the ship, wondering if we'll have time to do so if we take this excursion.

Anyone been on this excursion? I know the "is it worth it" question is subjective, but I'd like to hear others experiences on this excursion.

Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry no one has answered you about the excursion. I have not been to Progreso yet, or done this cenote tour BUT I have been to the Yucatan several times and love it. The tour looks fun. All the cenotes are really eerie and cool. If your kids are into that, they will love it.

Sorry no one has answered you about the excursion. I have not been to Progreso yet, or done this cenote tour BUT I have been to the Yucatan several times and love it. The tour looks fun. All the cenotes are really eerie and cool. If your kids are into that, they will love it.

Thanks for your reply!

• 3 weeks later...
You will enjoy the cenote trip. Is this private? You will enjoy it even more. Just do it. The kids will thank you for it later.

Thanks for your response. We decided against the Cenote excursion, because we were afraid we wouldn't have enough time to get back for a work event for my Husband's company. We did have fun touring Progreso on the double decker bus, and shopping. If we go back again, we're definitely doing the Cenotes!