Intenditore package

GUEST080219

I am looking at buying the Intenditore drinking package for my next cruises. Has anyone on board experience about how easy it is to get standard IBA and other well known drinks which are not on the menu?

The website states "unlimited drinks served by the glass from drinks priced up to 9 euros on our bar menus" so they could just say if it is not on the menu it is not covered. Is it like that? Not taking into account tipping and making the bar staff bend the rules.

Hi Micm

Ejincali has a copy of the bar menu on his review of the Mediteranea. I am not sure whether the bar people will do anything totally different and tipping the bar staff per drink on European cruises (Costa anyway) will be quite unusual. I would have a try anyway. Have a chat with them when it is more quiet. They are generally really friendly and try very hard to please.

We don't drink a large variety of cocktails, just the run of the mill stuff like margaritas, dirty Martini(hubby), mojito and will occasionally try something off the bar menu. If you have the Indentitore you will be able to have more premium brand spirits and a few extra cocktails. We stick to the Piu gusto as it more than covers what we like and is about half the price. The one lovely thing about it though is being able to have lovely wine if you eat in the Club restaurant. We are happy with what they usually serve as part of Piu gusto but there is a lot more choice at the higher price.

Regards

Alicat

To be honest you will be hard pressed to get anything other than standard Costa drinks even with the Intenditore, as they can always say sorry we have run out of that. After three cruise enjoying this package with our upgrades I had trouble just getting Pinot Grigio or other Italian wines in the dinning room often putting up with the normal offerings we have usually Although the wine bar did try getting my choice they came back sorry not available, this also applied to wine I normally have when on Costa.

Certainly not worth the price better bet is use standard Piu Gusto package and the buy whatever specialty drinks they have as extras.

I had the Piu Gusto last time and wasn't happy about the choices. Compared to drinks passages on other lines it is so much worse :(

I feel like just for the Ron Zacapa and the Ciroc and the mini bar it might already be worth to upgrade. Just having the choice of a real bar would be nice.

But I can understand that most don't see a reason to go above the Piu Gusto package considering the super cheap price of it.And surprisingly on the 7 day med I tried there wasn't a bar crowd like I am used to.