Who drafts the Seabourn Laundry Lists?

marama

So there we were a few weeks ago - first day, first time on Encore, to give it a try out. No laundry room of course, so it was out with the laundry lists and start working out what I might wear and when. Its my least favourite thing to do, especially on day 1. In any case, I usually like to decide on the day itself what I am wearing and just pop down to the ironing room. My mood was not improved when I found out that day 2 was formal night - so an extra 50% charge to get the right gear back in time. Great timing Seabourn.

But those laundry lists - I laughed out loud. I'd love to post a picture here, but have yet to learn how to do that. There are quite a few listings for silk underwear for both sexes, but it seems that ladies on Seabourn don't wear either shorts or T shirts. Seabourn customers must be a trusting bunch if they are prepared to trust silk to the main laundry. I hunted in vain for an ordinary 'dress' on the list so had to go with a 'pleated fancy silk' - at 50% extra for the formal night. We disembarked with at least 5 items that we had sent for ironing 'just in case' which because of weather/inclination were not used. Bah. Thank goodness its back to Odyssey in 6 weeks time.

Yes those lists are hilarious - they need updating. I'd be glad to know whether anyone knows when Encore will eventually get its laundry. I don't want to spend the first two days of my cruise waiting to get my clothes back. Formal night on day 2 and no ironing room? Great planning by someone!