Beverage Package Selection - When?

Sny

Booked on Regatta for August 21. Today was first day for specialty restaurant reservations; so I thought that the option for Beverage Package would be open as well. It was not. Anyone have a clue when that is activated?

Booked on Regatta for August 21. Today was first day for specialty restaurant reservations; so I thought that the option for Beverage Package would be open as well. It was not. Anyone have a clue when that is activated?

You can easily purchase either of the packages once onboard. It takes only a few minutes. One advantage is you it goes onto your ship board account so uses up OBC if you gave some.

you can book the beverage packages as soon as you make the deposit for the cruise or shortly after

The Restaurant reservations have nothing to do with the Beverage packages

Call Oceania or have your TA book the Package for you or you can wait until you board as suggested

If you are choosing the O life beverage package perk I think you have to decide by final payment time & both parties in the cabin have to choose the same perk

check the T & C on the website

My TA told me that I could opt for the OLife House beverage package (wine/beer at meals only) and then upgrade it to the Premium Beverage package (all wines by the glass/spirits (not upper end kind though) etc at any time during the cruise and it would be pro-rated for the number of days left...

You can change up to final payment. Here is the policy:

Terms and Conditions OLife Choice

*Standard terms apply. View complete terms and conditions in addition: OLife Choice offer is subject to change on 7/1/17. OLife Choice amenities are per stateroom,based on double occupancy and subject to change. Free Internet is one per stateroom; Owner’s, Vista & Oceania Suites receive access for two devices per suite. OLife Choice free shore excursions vary by voyage and exclude Oceania Choice, Oceania Exclusive, Executive Collection, Food & Wine Trails, Wellness and Culinary Discovery Tours. Voyages up to 9 days receive 4 free shore excursions;10-13 days receive 6 free shore excursions; 14+ days receive 8 free shore excursions. If shore excursion amenity is selected, all excursions must be chosen at least 14 days prior to sailing. OLife Choice beverage package amenity is House Select. Guests in the same stateroom must choose the same OLife Choice amenity, and amenity must be chosen by final payment. Not all promotions are combinable.

My TA told me that I could opt for the OLife House beverage package (wine/beer at meals only) and then upgrade it to the Premium Beverage package (all wines by the glass/spirits (not upper end kind though) etc at any time during the cruise and it would be pro-rated for the number of days left...

There has been lots of discussion on "if higher end brands" are included. Please check out other discussions on what is included.

I know what is included in the Prestige Package - I have had it twice before!

I make that comment from reading that you were asking a question???

Anyway, please tell us then what is NOT included? Not sure what "higher end" means.

From reading the numerous discussions on this topic, it is our interpretation that all wines by the glass are included, and that any/all liquors that are on the menu are included as well. They may have some other higher end liquors that are not on the menu, that are NOT included?

Thank you very much:

My TA via Oceania has told me that one can change their O Life selection anytime up to two weeks before sail date, then it's locked in.

Yes, the policy clearly says one thing, but to facilitate their customers Oceania is far more flexible in practice.

I believe part of the reason for the flexibility is that O does not always have its shore Tours posted by final payment date! How many people would pick the shore tours option, if they hadn't a clue as to what they are? Flexibility is yet another reason to sail on the smaller passenger lines. Such flexibility would be near impossible on a mega ship!

I make that comment from reading that you were asking a question???

Anyway, please tell us then what is NOT included? Not sure what "higher end" means.

From reading the numerous discussions on this topic, it is our interpretation that all wines by the glass are included, and that any/all liquors that are on the menu are included as well. They may have some other higher end liquors that are not on the menu, that are NOT included?

Thank you very much:

You got it.

My TA via Oceania has told me that one can change their O Life selection anytime up to two weeks before sail date, then it's locked in.

Yes, the policy clearly says one thing, but to facilitate their customers Oceania is far more flexible in practice.

I believe part of the reason for the flexibility is that O does not always have its shore Tours posted by final payment date! How many people would pick the shore tours option, if they hadn't a clue as to what they are? Flexibility is yet another reason to sail on the smaller passenger lines. Such flexibility would be near impossible on a mega ship!

Thank you.I will sort it tomorrow.

we are booked in an A2 category. Do we get liquor in our cabin? If we buy the drink package incl. liquor what is the cost for an 8 day cruise?

No liquor included in an A2, well maybe a bottle of welcome Champagne. A2 is a Concierge, right?

The drink package is $60 a day per person, so $120 x 8 = $960.

Or you can take the basic beverage package as your O life perk and pay $20 a day per person to upgrade it. Then your out of pocket cost is $40 x 8 = $320. If you have OBC you can use it to upgrade with once you're on board.

PS, the only drink packages on Oceania are alcohol. Everything else(all non alcoholic drinks) are included in your basic fare. There are no water or soda packages.

we are booked in an A2 category. Do we get liquor in our cabin? If we buy the drink package incl. liquor what is the cost for an 8 day cruise?

You can take your own bottle of wine or spirits for use in your cabin if you like to have a drink in your private space

If you take the wine to a dining venue you pay a corkage fee on each bottle

One more liquor question. I know we can bring on three bottles of spirits at embarkation, can one be wine, one bourbon and one vodka? If one finds a good selection of wine during the cruise can it be brought back to the ship? We are on the Marina next winter in Tahiti so just trying to think forward. Are spirits available at the Papeete airport or possibly a beverage store near the port? Thanks!

I would recommend packing your spirits in your checked luggage or purchasing them from Duty Free in LA. Rum is reasonable in Tahiti. The rest not. We got the wine with meals package and had a drink in our room or just purchased an occasional drink at the bar.

One more liquor question. I know we can bring on three bottles of spirits at embarkation, can one be wine, one bourbon and one vodka? If one finds a good selection of wine during the cruise can it be brought back to the ship? We are on the Marina next winter in Tahiti so just trying to think forward. Are spirits available at the Papeete airport or possibly a beverage store near the port? Thanks!

While that is the policy in reality you can bring as much on as you like. Also you can bring on more if you find some at a port. Just show discretion and drink it in your room. They truly don't care.