CARNIVAL SPIRIT, Tableclothes in MDR ?

Jane if they have ever cruised PO Oceana then they will feel right at home on the Spirit......;p Much to Johns dismay:o, he's not a lover of the Spirits depressing atrium decor, I am booking the Spirits repo post dry dock Singapore to Sydney next June .....fingers crossed they gut the atrium :'):'):')

We cruised Singapore to Sydney on Carnival Spirit in September 2015 after two weeks in dry dock in Singapore for renovations. Many of the renovations were incomplete at departure time and all passengers received a reimbursement of 25% of their cruise price as compensation. We still managed to have a good time but I agree that atrium is an eyesore. Hope you have better luck!

When did this start, we cruised last month and they had still cloths in the MDR.

Just to be clear, my last cruise on P&O was in 2010, there were table cloths on Pacific Dawn.

I remember reading on another forum that when the Aria and Eden came it was stated there were no cloths in the MDR.

I have been looking at recent videos of Aria/Eden as we are booked for next year. No table cloths in the Waterfront restaurant but there were cloths in Angelo's. I saw another restaurant with no cloths but I couldnt work out if it was Dragon Lady or Luke Mangans.

Doesnt surprise me that they are not consistant on all ships.

Jane if they have ever cruised PO Oceana then they will feel right at home on the Spirit......;p Much to Johns dismay:o, he's not a lover of the Spirits depressing atrium decor, I am booking the Spirits repo post dry dock Singapore to Sydney next June .....fingers crossed they gut the atrium :'):')

Hey there;p

We were going to book this one, but have gone with Aria, Singapore/Brisbane in August 2018, mainly because it is shorter:( and we havent been to the ports. I am assuming it is out of dry dock also.

I really liked the Spirit, when you get past the decor. Loved the adult only area aft, lots of bars, liked the buffet layout too. Cabins were a good size Found the drink expensive though.

Just to be clear, my last cruise on P&O was in 2010, there were table cloths on Pacific Dawn.

I remember reading on another forum that when the Aria and Eden came it was stated there were no cloths in the MDR.

I have been looking at recent videos of Aria/Eden as we are booked for next year. No table cloths in the Waterfront restaurant but there were cloths in Angelo's. I saw another restaurant with no cloths but I couldnt work out if it was Dragon Lady or Luke Mangans.

The Aria had table cloths when we were on her although that was for her very first cruise (November 2015). I find it strange that P&O fleet have different policies in regards to the MDR table settings but nothing is impossible when it comes to consistency within the fleet..

The Eden had table cloths in the Waterfront last November.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am beginning to think that perhaps photos when the tables were not set.

Mmmm....tables were set. Whatever, it isnt consistent from what others have said from ship to ship and cruise to cruise.

Mmmm....tables were set. Whatever, it isnt consistent from what others have said from ship to ship and cruise to cruise.

It is very strange and is not consistent. The tables look in good condition, perhaps they only start to use the tablecloths when the tables become too damaged or maybe they only have them bare for breakfast and not for dinner?

We cruised Singapore to Sydney on Carnival Spirit in September 2015 after two weeks in dry dock in Singapore for renovations. Many of the renovations were incomplete at departure time and all passengers received a reimbursement of 25% of their cruise price as compensation. We still managed to have a good time but I agree that atrium is an eyesore. Hope you have better luck!

Thanks.... we had the builders in on Mariner of the Seas repo from Europe to Asia a few years back so you could say we are experienced in cruising on a building site ;);p:'):')

Hey there;p

We were going to book this one, but have gone with Aria, Singapore/Brisbane in August 2018, mainly because it is shorter and we havent been to the ports. I am assuming it is out of dry dock also.

I really liked the Spirit, when you get past the decor. Loved the adult only area aft, lots of bars, liked the buffet layout too. Cabins were a good size Found the drink expensive though.

Naww we finally nearly got to meet, it's only been around 10 years since we met on here ......lol......maybe next time. Lovely itinerary the Aria is doing..... :)

Edited by badgerbill

Naww we finally nearly got to meet, it's only been around 10 years since we met on here ......lol......maybe next time. Lovely itinerary the Aria is doing..... :)

One day....ha......how many times over the years have we booked the same cruise then one of us cancelled:rolleyes:

I say to our cruise friends, dont rely on us, we book then change our minds......something better comes along,change of plans, better deal!!;p

We're just off the Spirit Tuesday and I can confirm they use tablecloths in the MDR...but if a formal, sophisticated atmosphere is what your friends want this

may not be the ship for them. :D:D

The Brits generally like to dress up so your friends may be horrified by the dress standards on Carnival Spirit. (or total lack thereof)