Ketchikan Rain Barrel Electric "Cars" Info?

silvercrikhix

Does anyone have any experience, information or comments about these mini electric cars available for rent from Rain Barrel in Ketchikan? A party in our cruise group is interested in renting one of these. I am wondering how much they cost and if there Is any difficulty in finding places to park them while in shops, etc.... Thank you for any information you can share!

No personal experience, but have friends who rented one a couple of years ago. They said they are like oversized golf carts with tarps that come down on the sides for inclement weather (which is very likely in Ketchikan!;)). I believe at the time, it was $55.00 to rent one, and I think it was four a 3 or 4 hour time frame, but not certain. You can only use them in the downtown area, cannot take them "out the road" and they did not recall having any difficulties finding parking for them. Hope this "second hand" info is of some help to you.

We rented from them a couple years ago. We were the first ship in that season and they gave us a rate of $30. As mentioned, they don't allow them to be driven out of town. About the only place of interest that you can get to is the Deer MountainTribal Hatchery & Eagle Center and the Totem Heritage Center that are near each other. If you're mobile you can walk there as well.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you Google "Rain Barrel Ketchikan" it comes up with several options and a few are about the electric cars. It sure looks like they still rent them and some cruisers on other boards have reported in about renting them.

Karen

If you Google "Rain Barrel Ketchikan" it comes up with several options and a few are about the electric cars. It sure looks like they still rent them and some cruisers on other boards have reported in about renting them.

Karen

Thanks so much.

I am cruising to Alaska in June 2018. I called the company a few days ago to gather information. The man I spoke with said they have a few available each day. The current rent price is $40 an hour.

Thanks for info. I emailed this morning. $40 per hour seems pricey to me. However, I am quickly learning everything about Alaska is pricey!😀

Thanks so much.

Thanks for info. I emailed this morning. $40 per hour seems pricey to me. However, I am quickly learning everything about Alaska is pricey![emoji3]

Seems to be the going rate for golf carts. About that in Avalon.