Best Cruise for Quebec, Montreal, N.S., PEI

BluesCruise

Most returnees from a C/NE cruise never come back to this forum. My suggestion is to visit the Reviews board. I just did that for HAL's Veendam, and you can just change the filters to other cruise ships/CLs.

You may not be aware, but HAL is the only mass market cruise lines that includes Montreal as a port of call or departure port. There are up scale cruise lines which have Montreal as a port of call or departure port but they are longer cruises, 10 nights or more.

HAL has 3 cruise ships that have Montreal in their itinerary -.Veendam, Maasdam, and Rotterdam. You could always do a land vacation to Montreal before or after a cruise that departs from or ends in Quebec.

SBtS

I've cruised on both the Maasdam and Veendam on the Montreal to Boston itinerary (Montreal, Quebec City, Charlottetown, PEI, Sydney NS, Halifax NS, Bar Harbor, Boston), and I loved it and both of the ships. I would never call that itinerary meh. It's drop-dead gorgeous, and I would have trouble picking out which of the ports was my favorite.

We had been on CA/NE itineraries twice before those--once on the NCL Jewel, which was a NYC round-trip cruise, and once on the Eurodam, which started in NYC and ended in Quebec City. We love Montreal, though, so that city is now a "must" for our CA/NE cruises. And we definitely will go again.

If you have specific questions, please ask, and if you want to see some photos, click on the link in my signature. I haven't yet added those from our latest cruise (Veendam in May).

I've cruised on both the Maasdam and Veendam on the Montreal to Boston itinerary (Montreal, Quebec City, Charlottetown, PEI, Sydney NS, Halifax NS, Bar Harbor, Boston), and I loved it and both of the ships. I would never call that itinerary meh. It's drop-dead gorgeous, and I would have trouble picking out which of the ports was my favorite.

We had been on CA/NE itineraries twice before those--once on the NCL Jewel, which was a NYC round-trip cruise, and once on the Eurodam, which started in NYC and ended in Quebec City. We love Montreal, though, so that city is now a "must" for our CA/NE cruises. And we definitely will go again.

If you have specific questions, please ask, and if you want to see some photos, click on the link in my signature. I haven't yet added those from our latest cruise (Veendam in May).

I did the same cruise on the Maasdam during the summer of 2011 and it was wonderful! It was my first HAL cruise and it was chosen because I wanted to visit PEI and Princess only stops there on 10 day sailings. I would highly suggest this cruise---the ports were all wonderful and HAL is a great cruiseline. Another plus is that you start in Montreal and end in Boston so if time allows, you can spend a day or two in each place before and after your cruise. I plan on repeating the cruise in a few years when my children are a little older.

We're sailing Zuiderdam Quebec to New York - two days in Quebec (which is much more interesting than Montreal) pre-cruise then three Canadian and three US ports before Manhattan - about an hour from home. It looks like a great itinerary and we have always found HAL's comfort, food, service and atmosphere to be superior.