Liberty of the Seas - specialty restaurants

Anyone on the Liberty lately tried the specialty restaurants? We are sailing in September, and cruise planner shows Chops for $39, Giovanni's for $21 and Sabor for $19. Giovanni's and Sabor are lower than when I sailed last year, so I'm wondering if prices are higher on board.

Also, I've read that on other ships where Sabor is $19 the menu is not as good, guac no longer done table side, etc. Wondering if there have been changes on the Liberty, too, since the price seems to have changed.

TIA to anyone with current info!

We ate in Chops twice 2 weeks ago and it's GREAT. Prices may have been a little cheaper on board, or maybe they did a discount deal, can't remember. We did First Night Done Right for one and kids paid for the second, not sure what kind of deal they got. It was my Father's Day gift.

We ate at Sabor last month of the LOS. Though we missed the table side guac or experience was wonderful. We were a party of 6 and our waiter brought out the appetizers and desserts of his choice. We each chose our entree and passed around the plates. It was fabulous. Great service and really good food. My son and daughter in law say that they had the best margarita's ever!!!

We bought three night package for $75 pp. chops was disappointing. I had the filet which was good but my husband had the New York and it was terrible. He was looking forward to this dinner and it was so awful but he didn't want to complain. Giovanni's and Sabor were great though. No table side guac. We sailed last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What health dept? Land restaurants do this. Sorry they've stopped this. They still have guacamole though - please say yes!

Well Howdy,

Just what they told us last time in Sabor, but we all know RCCL always tells us the truth!! YES, they still have guacamole!!!

Carla

:) True that. Hope you are well Carla! Off topic but what are your thoughts on Jorge the concierge? Seems I've read some negatives here.

I was on LB last week. Jorge was great! It was my 5th time on LB since she came to Galveston, but my first time with Jorge in the SL. He is personable, friendly and works hard. The Suite self assist walk off was most organized I've seen. I'm glad he is the new permanent Concierge.

I think the negative comments were from the same person stated several times.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're going on LOS in August and thought I had read somewhere that breakfast was served in GT daily for suite guests ordered from menu, and lunch on Sea days. I believe it used to be held in Chops for suite guests but that changed with chops being available for regular lunch. Does anyone know if that is Happening?

We're going on LOS in August and thought I had read somewhere that breakfast was served in GT daily for suite guests ordered from menu, and lunch on Sea days. I believe it used to be held in Chops for suite guests but that changed with chops being available for regular lunch. Does anyone know if that is Happening?

I was on LB last week. Suites breakfast is in GT. Nice menu. On sea days there is a Suites lunch in GT, but it is very basic. Grilled steak, chicken or Fish. It is not the regular GT lunch menu. Suite guests are seated in the back section, other paying guests are seated in the front section.

I was on LB last week. Suites breakfast is in GT. Nice menu. On sea days there is a Suites lunch in GT, but it is very basic. Grilled steak, chicken or Fish. It is not the regular GT lunch menu. Suite guests are seated in the back section, other paying guests are seated in the front section.

Does this include junior suites?

:) True that. Hope you are well Carla! Off topic but what are your thoughts on Jorge the concierge? Seems I've read some negatives here.

We love Jorge - very caring, efficient, a hard worker and very talented!! Ask him to play his keyboard!! Jorge was the Concierge that made our Pinnacle week very very special!!

Looks like we are going to miss you on the Liberty this year!!

Carla