Embassy Suites FLL - taxi or pay for their shuttle?

dickinson

I booked the Embassy Suites on SE 17th st for November. It is their cruise FT Lauderdale which includes free shuttle from FLL and also free shuttle to the port. We will be on a Princess cruise. I called them and asked what it actually costs if we just booked the hotel and I was told $9/person from the airport and $9/person from hotel to cruise ship. We are two people. My price (booked a while ago) is $199.50 + tax. I can get a corporate rate for $158 but we would have to pay for shuttles.

Anyone use their shuttles? Is it worth it or should we just take a cab? I looked at taxifarefinder.com and it appears that it is less expensive than $9/person so overall we would spend less if I instead book the corporate rate. (I think it said it would be about $5.47 including tip to the port and about $15 including tip from airport to hotel). Am I just pinching pennies? What would you do? Is it hard to get a cab at the hotel on the morning of a cruise?

Our experience with ES is that you have to wait for the shuttle at the airport and at the hotel. In May, 2017, Cab fare from the airport was about $18 including tip. We walked out of the terminal and caught the cab. Cab fare from ES to HAL was $15 including tip with no waiting or crowded shuttle. I do not use Uber

Our experience with ES is that you have to wait for the shuttle at the airport and at the hotel. In May, 2017, Cab fare from the airport was about $18 including tip. We walked out of the terminal and caught the cab. Cab fare from ES to HAL was $15 including tip with no waiting or crowded shuttle. I do not use Uber

Had the same experience when we sailed on the Allure two weeks ago.

Booked Embassy Suites...no add ons. Prices for April 2017. Two adults, 2 hold bags and 2 carry ons.

Taxi from FLL to hotel cost $20 plus tip evening fare.(9pm)

Taxi from hotel to terminal 2..Royal Princess $10 plus tip. Valet parking runner called taxi, arrived within 5 mins, left at about 10 am. Long wait at terminal but worth it for us.Make sure you take water.

Taxi from terminal 2 to Delta international terminal $20 incl tip.

Shuttle drivers pushing guests to take shuttle at $9 pp.

Seemed quite chaotic although signs for each ship these might have been for ships' own transfers.

Don't do Uber so can't help there, sorry.

Booked Embassy Suites...no add ons. Prices for April 2017. Two adults, 2 hold bags and 2 carry ons.

Taxi from FLL to hotel cost $20 plus tip evening fare.(9pm)

Taxi from hotel to terminal 2..Royal Princess $10 plus tip. Valet parking runner called taxi, arrived within 5 mins, left at about 10 am. Long wait at terminal but worth it for us.Make sure you take water.

Taxi from terminal 2 to Delta international terminal $20 incl tip.

Shuttle drivers pushing guests to take shuttle at $9 pp.

Seemed quite chaotic although signs for each ship these might have been for ships' own transfers.

Don't do Uber so can't help there, sorry.

You said you were on Royal Princess in April.... did you do the TA? We did although we stayed at a different hotel then. This time we thought we would try out the ES although it is a bit more expensive than where we stayed previously.

We have done the shuttle twice and a cab twice.

Including tip we always gave the taxi driver $20 for three of us.

The taxi for us was great, we had to wait for no one and at port got our luggage instantly.

When doing the shuttle we had to wait on the shuttle till the man un loaded our luggage as well as everyone elses, although did not take to long when you want to get to the terminal it does seem like forever.

For us we would pay $27 for shuttle plus tip to driver.

Taxi for us $20 with tip included.

Sea Ya

You said you were on Royal Princess in April.... did you do the TA? We did although we stayed at a different hotel then. This time we thought we would try out the ES although it is a bit more expensive than where we stayed previously.

Bad planning on our part...we did the cruise prior to the TA. If we'd looked into it, we should have followed it with TA as we would have been much closer to home and would have needed just a two hour flight instead of ten hour one. Next time, maybe. What was TA like regarding weather ???

Embassy Suites is older and in need of a refurb. Due to location, (strip mall behind hotel with Publix, Total Wine and several restaurants,) staff, pool area, breakfast and included manager's reception we would book it again when sailing from FLL. Concierge was very helpful helping to arrange a one day car hire so we could visit Sawgrass Mills...wouldn't do that again though. We didn't have to pay parking as car hire company collected car from hotel, but for those who did, hotel was charging $22 + tax

Bad planning on our part...we did the cruise prior to the TA. If we'd looked into it, we should have followed it with TA as we would have been much closer to home and would have needed just a two hour flight instead of ten hour one. Next time, maybe. What was TA like regarding weather ???

Embassy Suites is older and in need of a refurb. Due to location, (strip mall behind hotel with Publix, Total Wine and several restaurants,) staff, pool area, breakfast and included manager's reception we would book it again when sailing from FLL. Concierge was very helpful helping to arrange a one day car hire so we could visit Sawgrass Mills...wouldn't do that again though. We didn't have to pay parking as car hire company collected car from hotel, but for those who did, hotel was charging $22 + tax

So sorry you didn't know about the TA. About 65 or so people stayed on from the Caribbean to do the TA. It was a fabulous cruise and weather was fine... no rain and sunny days. Not hot as we were heading north. If you have the time always check the cruises before and after the one you pick in case it is worth it to you to stay on.

Last two times in FLL we stayed at Hampton Inn south airport/cruise terminal. It is ok but again could use some refurbishing. It is less expensive than ES.

We have been to Sawgrass Mills many times (parents used to live in south Florida). It is huge.

We have been to Sawgrass Mills many times (parents used to live in south Florida). It is huge.

We hired a car and drove to Sawgrass Mills...yes, it is huge. We weren't that impressed with it though. We found it to be rambling and difficult to find our way around. Possibly because it was our first visit and we only had one day there, We found the prices to be quite expensive in early April but we think that was because of the poor exchange rate we are getting at the moment and also because we visit California, Texas or Arizona every July/August when the huge sales are on and we know our way round the various outlet malls.

We will be more aware of TA cruises close to ours in future. Next year is South America, so maybe the following year.

In the meanwhile, enjoy your stay at Embassy Suites and the cruise.

My last shuttle ride from Embassy Suites to the port was not a good experience. Seemed to take forever. Waited awhile for the shuttle to show up and my ship was the last stop. Taxi or Uber for me next time.

I prefer staying at Embassy Suites because that's what DH always booked. Makes it familiar and comforting. And I like the breakfast and great location.

We used Geurdy 954-394-7585 on three different transfers for our cruises from FLL -Embassy Suites, Marriott, and Ramada to Port Everglades. He has a van with a trailer for your luggage. He was recommended by the concierge at the Marriott and I kept his number to keep using him and glad I did. It is flawless with him!! He will be there 15 min earlier than what you request, no waiting. We had a group of 9 ppl, so he charged us $8pp. Highly recommend!!:D One year I used a cab from ES to Port Everglades and the wait was 30 min plus. NEVER AGAIN!!

• 2 weeks later...