Radiance Alaska - kids swimming indoors?

Exactly what merion said. We were in the rots years ago in Alaska and I distinctly remember the sign for kids. They called in family pool hours. The pool was not crowded usually because there is so much to look at around you

Have a great time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got off the Radiance and yes they had posted hours the kids could swim. Absolutely loved the Radiance. They had some great things for the kids to do. Pirate parade in Centrum, egg drop contest. I didn't even have kids but it was a blast

We were on Radiance June 9-17 and we dd see a sign that stated adults only in solarium with occasional kids/family time. When we were there in the afternoon the day of Icy Straight Point, there were kids. And for the first time, I actually saw a lifeguard there.

I saw kids at the outdoor pool on more than one occasion. But I bet they were cold.

Erika

• 2 months later...
We were on Radiance June 9-17 and we dd see a sign that stated adults only in solarium with occasional kids/family time. When we were there in the afternoon the day of Icy Straight Point, there were kids. And for the first time, I actually saw a lifeguard there.

I saw kids at the outdoor pool on more than one occasion. But I bet they were cold.

Erika

i swam in the outdoor pool with my grandson three years ago-we watched Monsters Inc on the pool movie screen while in the pool- the pool was heated- the only problem was actually getting out of the pool.

The solariums on all of Royals ships were once designated "Adults" only. Children were not allowed and I personally witnessed staff enforcing it.

We were on the Radiance last month and was surprised to see the number of children using the Solarium. There are signs posted listing "Family Time" swim, which was two hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon. However, the rules were not enforced at all, and it was difficult finding a lounge chair.

This was in the Cruise Compass for Day 2:

" Guests are reminded there is no lifeguard on duty. The Solarium swimming pool, whirlpools and sun lounges in the Solarium pool area are for guests 16 years of age and older. During the times of bad weather and select hours, the ship may permit the Solarium pool to be used by persons under 16 years of age with parents/guardians for certain periods. Signage at the Solarium would confirm this. Health laws prohibit use of pools and whirlpools by guests in diapers of any kind and guests who are not toilet trained".

Karen