Royal IQ

Hello everyone!

My family and I will be on Grandeur of the Seas in December. I know the Royal IQ app says it only works on the Qauntum, Anthem, Ovation, and Harmony. I was wondering if there was any way we could still use the app or use a similar app to keep our cruise compass on our phones, rather than having to make sure someone has the compass with them. We will not being paying touse the WiFi aboard the ship nor will we be using our 4g. Does Royal have plans of making this app available on all ships? Any suggestions or comments are welcome! TIA:D

Hello everyone!

My family and I will be on Grandeur of the Seas in December. I know the Royal IQ app says it only works on the Qauntum, Anthem, Ovation, and Harmony. I was wondering if there was any way we could still use the app or use a similar app to keep our cruise compass on our phones, rather than having to make sure someone has the compass with them. We will not being paying touse the WiFi aboard the ship nor will we be using our 4g. Does Royal have plans of making this app available on all ships? Any suggestions or comments are welcome! TIA:D

There is no Royal IQ app on any ship except Quantum class + Harmony + Symphony (not finished yet), as you wrote.

The way to have the Cruise Compass on your phone is to take a picture of it. Then it's on your phone. :D

There is no Royal IQ app on any ship except Quantum class + Harmony + Symphony (not finished yet), as you wrote.

The way to have the Cruise Compass on your phone is to take a picture of it. Then it's on your phone. :D

Good idea for any ship if you want to carry your phone around instead of paper.

• 9 months later...
Eventually (RCI calls it project Excalibur), but that is so far in the future Grandeur will likely be out of the fleet by then.

If Fain is to be believed, this new (Excalibur) app technology, although still being developed, is already available on 3 ships (as of Dec 17) and will be on 50% (12) by the end of 2018 and fleetwide by the end of 2019.

The 'new' smartphone app was launched on Allure, then Oasis and Serenade, and will be continually updateded.

Now available on Enchantment and soon on Symphony.

According to the app description page on iTunes Store, version 1.6 lets guests:

• Learn about the hundreds of activities, movies, and shows available onboard, and use category filters to sort them to their preferences
  • Explore off-ship adventures to make the most of our port stops
  • Peruse complete restaurant, bar, and lounge options onboard
  • Plan a day of indulgence with our array of spa offerings
  • Use deck plan illustrations to navigate the ship

Maybe Grandeur will be one of the 50% by December 2018?

Who knows... by then the 'interactive cruise compass' may have been added and the eagerly awaited 'text' feature.

^ the roll out has been fairly slow - still limited to 4 ships after 8 months and still basically a read only app. The most useful parts of Royal IQ (texting and ability to make reservations) are yet to be developed.