Booking Speciality Restaurants in advance

malcliz

We were one of the first to board and the speciality restaurants were already quite booked up so I think some people must have been able to book in advance although we didn't think there was any way to do this? There were quite a few groups on board and Aqualina was closed for one of the groups one night and in Prime C many tables were already reserved for the groups. I am not sure how these groups were able to book in advance. We were still able to book a table though but we spoke to others who boarded later and they were unable to get a booking in either restaurant which was a shame as they were new to Azamara and we were telling them how good they were! It was only a 3 night cruise so not much availability. On our second cruise it was easy to book tables.

This is something we were puzzled about too.

We were on the cruise before you boarded.

As we booked the cruise pretty late at the end of March, we stumped up for a Club Continent suite. All that was available. Benefits included as many bookings we fancied in the speciality restaurants. Just speak to your butler!! Actually on seeing the table for booking, inside the Windows Café, we decided to book there and then. But all we could secure was 6.30 or 8.30 any evening in either restaurant. We went for early and twice in each restaurant. In between those times must be very popular!!

We were able to book in advance on Crystal. I think it was just once each in two restaurants per week! Further reservations could be made on board.

Maybe Azamara could consider this facility, which would prevent the mad scramble at boarding.

It does seem there are those who board and immediately book the speciality restaurants. As you say, some must have been able to book in advance

Sent from my iPad using Forums

2019 will be our first cruise with Azamara, and we are actually wondering the same thing how we can book the specialty dining.

We have booked Club Ocean Suite, and I understand that this includes privileges in the specialty dining.

When can we book our dining?

Do we always get spot for dining even though they are fully booked?

If we cannot get reservation, can we dine in our room with the specialty dining menu?

Thank you in advance.

Suite guests get the same priority as guests staying in inside cabins when it comes to reserving specialty restaurants. This is one of the things I love about Azamara, there is no class status once on board the ship.

That being said, I would book all the specialty restaurants as soon as I boarded. You will have a better chance of getting the time and the restaurant you want. Ask which nights White Night and the Amazing Evening are being held, to avoid booking specialty restaurant on those nights.

Edited by Arizonasunshine

So can we only reserve specialty restaurants once onboard? I read somewhere that Le Club Voyage or Celebrity Captain's Club members could make reservations in advance, but wasn't sure if that was true or not.

No there is no advanced booking for anyone.

Also a correction the later reservation times start at 8.00 not 8.30. Generally Prime C books up ahead of Aqualina.

No there is no advanced booking for anyone.

Also a correction the later reservation times start at 8.00 not 8.30. Generally Prime C books up ahead of Aqualina.

I think on the recent 3 day cruise there must have been advanced booking allowed for the guests who were in the large groups.

We have booked Club Ocean Suite, and I understand that this includes privileges in the specialty dining.

Every stateroom on the ship includes access to specialty dining on a first reserved basis. The only difference is there is no charge for those in suites. I agree with Arizonasunshine's opinion on this, even though we often book suites.

2019 will be our first cruise with Azamara, and we are actually wondering the same thing how we can book the specialty dining.

If we cannot get reservation, can we dine in our room with the specialty dining menu?

Thank you in advance.

When you get on board there will be a speciality restaurants reservations desk set up somewhere - on our last cruise it was in Discoveries bar ( next to Discoveries (MDR)). There is also a permanent desk just inside the main entrance to Windows(buffet). If you are in a suite your butler can also make your reservations for you, however you may not meet him until you are able to get into your suite, so may be better to make your reservations yourselves as soon as you board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you in advance.

Our butler researched available times and helped us make our reservations. You should be able to speak with him about it when you get on board.

I think on the recent 3 day cruise there must have been advanced booking allowed for the guests who were in the large groups.

The only time there is ever "advance booking" is if you are doing a back to back; these passengers are allowed to book the day before the next cruise starts. That being said, there were many of us doing back to back on that three day cruise and the one prior. Those large groups did not get to book in advance.

The only time there is ever "advance booking" is if you are doing a back to back; these passengers are allowed to book the day before the next cruise starts. That being said, there were many of us doing back to back on that three day cruise and the one prior. Those large groups did not get to book in advance.

One night the main run of tables all along one side in Prime C was reserved for a group and Aqualina was closed to other guests for another group, 'private function'. I'm surprised they could reserve all those tables when they boarded.

A private function is completely different than just reserving tables; I think that there may have been a wedding onboard the last day of that cruise. I saw that group that had the run of the side tables as we ate there that night. It would be entirely possible for them to reserve that many tables once they boarded.