Does anyone have a good private tour guide in Buenos Aires

teets

We are coming off of the Celebrity Infinity and have the day free until our flight later that night. I was wondering if anyone has a name of a private tour guide (for 4) that might be good for us for the day and then transport to the airport. I would appreciate so much any help!

If you are interested in a walking tour, Google Free Walking Tours Buenos Aires. We did it earlier in the year and it was certainly worth the 'donation' at the end.:)

Thank you, I will look into it!

We are coming off of the Celebrity Infinity and have the day free until our flight later that night. I was wondering if anyone has a name of a private tour guide (for 4) that might be good for us for the day and then transport to the airport. I would appreciate so much any help!

Fun to see you posting again!! We'll be on the Infinity in January and are starting to look for our tours. Let me know if you find something good for Buenos Aires and maybe we'll "break them in" for you! :)

Bill & Mark & Nancy & Desi

Fun to see you posting again!! We'll be on the Infinity in January and are starting to look for our tours. Let me know if you find something good for Buenos Aires and maybe we'll "break them in" for you! :)

Bill & Mark & Nancy & Desi

Hi there,

Hope all is well. Our friend Joel booked someone, and I have booked another for the return. E-mail me and I will give you the info tetelman at hotmail dot com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sandy, who posts on Trip Advisor as BASandy, is the most frequently recommended guide by the nine designated Buenos Aires Destination Experts on the Trip Advisor forum.

I have never seen a negative review on Trip Advisor. All glowingly positive comments.

http://www.batravelguide.com/

sandra@batravelguide.com

We found BA easy to do on your own. However, we did very much enjoy our free city walking tour.

http://www.bafreetour.com/english-home

Agree on both counts. BA free tours (something of a misnomer because gracious tips are expected if you enjoy the tour) are well done and highly recommended.

And,yes, it is easy to hit the highlights of BA on your own. Tour guides are very useful for finding out more detail about the sites you visit, or for specialized tours, such as a tour of Jewish Buenos Aires or to explore the history of Tango or to find out more about Evita, or for a more in depth exploration of a site, such as the Recoleta Cemetery (Masonic symbols on tombs, Irish or Jewish people buried there or a bit of history about other prominent figures from political or economic life in BA. But if you are content to just visit places, it is easy to do on your own.....or if you have the time you can do your own research in advance and find out more about the historical significance of places you visit.

we used Fabian from Cultural Cercana. He was far better than any guide we had ever had anywhere. He also helped us plan the trip, advised on hotels, transportation, changing money. Even what to do in other ports.

I emailed him countless times and he was like a trusted friend when we met.

He is a very smart guy with a nice sense of humor. He had worked in US.

I appreciated his guidance. He made sure we got to do everything on our wish list but would also give us a sense of what might not be worth doing and come up with even more ideas of what we would enjoy.

Our day could have been a disaster because the Dakar rally was taking

Over BA. Fabian had great judgment and knew all the tricks for getting around.he would drop us off someplace comfortable, garage the car with our stuff, and pop up before we knew it. His wide ranging commentary added so much.

He helped us change money, buy a suitcase to replace a busted one, took us to the perfect quiet lunch spot for steak sandwiches, and even whipped out a Tide stick when I got dark chocolate gelato on my shirt :-).

• 8 months later...
If you are interested in a walking tour, Google Free Walking Tours Buenos Aires. We did it earlier in the year and it was certainly worth the 'donation' at the end.:)

We did the Free Walking Tour and it was great.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is more than one walking tour. Some posts above sound like there is only one. I have done 4, along with doing my own showing first timers. Last year- I really enjoyed the La Bocca tour which was excellent, not the first time in the area, but the details enhanced that trip. 200 pesos which is a bargain.

BUT this poster is not going to be able to do any "walking tours", unless they can arrange someplace to dump their baggage.

• 4 months later...

I can highly recommend Andrés Miguel <info@tangodelta.com.ar>. We've done 2 post-cruise/pre-flight day trips with Andrés to the Tigre River Delta. He has a Coast Guard certified boat which holds 10 plus Andrés. You do sight seeing on your way to the river and then go thru the delta to lunch at El Gato Blanco (extra but worth it. The beef is yummy and portions so large 2 can easily share). As part of the fee he rents a bus and driver so your luggage stays safely locked up while your enjoying the boat ride. I would sign up with him again.

• 5 months later...

We recently enjoyed a 7-hour tour in Buenos Aires with ToursByLocals guide Elisabet Jeckel. The tour was very comprehensive, well planned and went beyond our expectations. Elisabet is extremely knowledgeable, pleasant and well spoken.