Nikon d7000 thinking of upgrading to the d7200

I have a D7000 that I use as my main camera. It is a bit dated at this point, but still an excellent camera. I doubt if you will see much, if any, difference in the image quality with an upgrade to D7200. Only you can answer if the wifi feature is worth the expense. To me, it is not. For my next upgrade I will move to a full frame sensor - D750 or whatever is the current model.

After 2 cycles, the D7200 is a worthy upgrade, but I wouldn't upgrade if wifi was my only issue. As mentioned, just get an eyefi card.

The reasons the D7200 is a worthy upgrade over the D7000 -- Jump from 16mp resolution to 24mp. More advanced autofocus system. And a faster, more responsive camera, in general. Additionally, a slight tweak upward in image quality.

The wifi on Nikon cameras isn't a great implementation. I rarely use it on my D750.

I upgraded a couple years ago from a D7000 to a D610. I was in NYC at the mecca of photography, B&H photo, and they had a sale and with what I got for selling my D7000 it was a no brainer for me to upgrade. (I think it was under $500 out of pocket after trading all my dx stuff for the final tally). I never understand the whole wifi thing anyway. Of course I shoot RAW and process everything in Lightroom (and some PS) before I can post it anyway so to me the wifi is a total waste. Now a built in GPS (that you can turn off to save battery life) and you might have my attention for an upgrade. (and no, I'm not getting a Canon 6D ;) )

I recently upgraded from a D7000 to the D500.

Here's why:

• ISO 100 - 51,200
  • Touch-sensitive LCD with 170 degree viewing
  • XQD storage media
  • 10 frames per second top continuous shooting speed (shooting RAW you need an XQD card)
  • 2 to 9 frames exposeure bracketing
  • 152 max focus points

There are a few downsides:

• The D500 does not have a built in flash. But I didn't use it much on the D7000.
  • The big downside between the D7200 and D500 is the price. But the price was worth it to me for the insane continuous shooting speed for shooting birds in flight and high action sports like surfing. At least that was the selling point to my better half. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Just announced.... D7500.

Appreciate these interesting videos and info on the new Nikon D7500. As an owner of a Nikon D7200, I am very happy with this current camera. Not sure that I am ready to spend the money and make the change. Dropping the double SD card slots would NOT be a plus for me. Like having that back-up storing capability. Personal preference! The tilt screen is interesting, but not sure that I would use this feature that much. Great to have choices and options!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 31,192 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's

• 1 month later...

I upgraded a little while ago from the D7000 to the D7200. A fantastic camera. The main improvement, for me, is the vastly improved low light capability.

Only 2 lenses, both Nikkor, 10-24mm and 18-300mm, and both excellent, particularly the 10-24.

I would recommend this upgrade.

Whilst the newer D500 and D7500 are probably an even greater improvement, they are a lot more expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Whilst the newer D500 and D7500 are probably an even greater improvement, they are a lot more expensive.

Appreciate this great summary point on some Nikon options being "better", BUT at what additional pricing?? Continue to be very happy with my Nikon D7200. Getting ready to depart Friday to Lisbon/Portugal, sailing up the Atlantic Coast, seeing NW Spain, Bordeaux, Brittany, etc. Should get lots of great pictures.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 51,265 views for these postings.