Costa - Joining cruise on Day 2 (planned missed embarkation) Possible??

cruisescott

Hello All,

I have found a GREAT deal with Costa, too good to pass up! The only issue is that I would only be able to join the cruise on day 2, is this possible?? I would miss Embarkation and join the cruise at day 2 port.

Cruise is in Europe and I am from Europe, so don't think passport would be an issue.

PLEASE HELP !! :)

Have you or are you going to tell Costa about your plans and see if it is possible.

Not telling them would create the greatest problem in that you would be classed as a non-show and you cabin could be assigned to someone else.

Best to contact Costa and tell them what you want to do and if they foresee any problems.

The only problem that I could see is if the second day port is only set up for day visitors and has no immigration / embarcation facilities.

I just know it from other cruise lines that asking, especially a random agent in a call center often creates more problems than solving. What I would do, call them on embarkation day that you missed your travel connection and have to join them on the second day.

On your cruise ticket you will find the following information:

In case of emergency on ship departure day, please contact our representative at the following telephone numbers:

Phone up Costa direct, ask them if you could join ship the next day (do not use your TA if not Costa direct) explain that you will join at next P.O.C and I am sure they will do it for you. You will have to pay full fare and tips, and even the extra day if you have a drinks package.

This is often done if ship is not full and next P.O.C. is within EU.

Cruisescott, what are the ports involved and which ship? Also which Costa would you be phoning?

I personally would not wait and phone Costa on embarcation day, that would mean that your local Costa would have to contact Costa at the embarcation port (Costa's communications can be lacking sometimes) and you not knowing if your cabin is available on day 2.

Call Costa asap, then that is one worry out of the way.

Let us know how you get on.