Trip insurance

victory2020

I don’t know if I am able to use the name of my insurance company on CC, but I do have a comment about getting independent insurance for covering pre-existing conditions. All companies that I know of require you to sign up for the insurance within a short time from paying your initial cruise deposit. My company requires me to take out the insurance within 15 days from paying the deposit to get the pre-existing coverage.

I don’t know if I am able to use the name of my insurance company on CC, but I do have a comment about getting independent insurance for covering pre-existing conditions. All companies that I know of require you to sign up for the insurance within a short time from paying your initial cruise deposit. My company requires me to take out the insurance within 15 days from paying the deposit to get the pre-existing coverage.

Thanks all for input. Yes, she needs to get it quickly. I believe you can name the company.

Thanks all for input. Yes, she needs to get it quickly. I believe you can name the company.

Travel Guard has plans that offer pre-existing coverage at no additional charge, but you need to purchase the insurance within 15 days of INITIAL trip deposit.

My company is also Travel Guard.

I have never needed to make a claim, but my TA says that they are very reputable and the company she recommends.

I always call the people at tripinsurancestore.com and explain to them exactly what I need. They are very knowledgable and have access to many travel insurance companies. They always get me the best policy for the best price for my needs. I have used them for our past three trips (both land and cruise vacations) and have nothing but good things to say about them.

If you are doing more than one cruise or trip a year, get an annual policy. Price is very competitive. Go to squaremouth.com. We got a policy covering pre existing, no limit travel, and med evac, etc for $384 for the two of us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

A few years ago I called Princess to inquire about their insurance policy on pre-existing conditions. They were very evasive with their answer and it came down to “They will decide at the time you submit a claim”. I felt I couldn’t trust such an answer so I never used Princess Insurance.

A few years ago I called Princess to inquire about their insurance policy on pre-existing conditions. They were very evasive with their answer and it came down to “They will decide at the time you submit a claim”. I felt I couldn’t trust such an answer so I never used Princess Insurance.

I don't think you will get a definitive answer from ANY insurance company on ANY question, regardless of what it is you are asking them. Every time I've ever contacted a company to ask a question regarding my policy I always got the same evasive answer. They will not commit to a yes or no over the phone or in writing.

I haven't read a lot of negative posts on Princess travel insurance though.

I made a claim with Travel Guard and it was paid promptly with no questions.

I have also cancelled a cruise (changed my mind) after final payment, and Princess Vacation Protection (Platinum) gave a cruise credit equal to the entire amount (minus the policy cost)... no problems. The credit had to be used by the end of the the following year.

We have been purchasing the Nationwide Luxury Cruise policy recently. I like the high coverage limits, the fact that coverages are based on buying the policy on or before final payment date and not initial deposit date, and they offer cruise specific protections such as missed ports, service disruptions etc.

I filed a claim on a DCL cruise in January that missed a port because of weather. While the process wasn't exceptionally easy it also was not difficult and my claim was paid very quickly.

I was impressed and will continue to buy policies from them, plus I found the premiums to be a good value.

ETA: The cancel for any reason coverage is 70%

I always call the people at tripinsurancestore.com and explain to them exactly what I need. They are very knowledgable and have access to many travel insurance companies. They always get me the best policy for the best price for my needs. I have used them for our past three trips (both land and cruise vacations) and have nothing but good things to say about them.

We absolutely recommend www.TripInsuranceStore.com

They are extremely patient with those first learning about travel insurance, and they'll answer questions - and also ask questions that help them figure out which policies might be most suitable. (And on one occasion, they suggested, with reasons, why for one trip, we didn't need to purchase a policy... when they could easily have sold us one!)

We get policies from Travel Insured through TripInsuranceStore.com.

Twice, we've had fairly large claims, both of which were paid very promptly, and with no nonsense. That is what it's all about, after all.

I was hoping for similar info. But specifically anyone who has used "any reason to cancel" insurance. We are booked through Celebrity and they do not offer it.

We often get CFAR (Cancel For Any Reason), and for third party insurers, it usually offers "cash back" (not a credit that must be used within a certain period of time, and by that one cruise line). However, it only pays 75%, which is better than losing everything for a pricey trip.

For TriumphGuy: The folks at TripInsuranceStore certainly will give a "yes" or "no" answer to questions.

And if they "don't know", they will CALL the insurance company and ask them, and then report back.

That has been exceedingly helpful in a few cases.