Pre Cruise Miami Hotels?

wjf

For the first time we will be cruising from Miami rather than Fort Lauderdale for our November trip.

We plan to stay for four days before the cruise and are wondering where would be the ideal hotel location for exploring, we hope to go into the Keys on one of the days although not all the way to Key West.

We would like to base ourselves in one place and not too far from the port for embarkation. A smaller hotel would be our choice if possible.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Norman & Wendy

Hi...We are from Miami & glad to help. The port is basically in the center of the city so you could stay pretty much anywhere..ie. South Beach (10 mins) small hotels, nightlife, shopping. If you prefer the mainland, then Coral Gables (beautiful & central to everything) or Coconut Grove (eclectic & laidback) both with great restaurants ...depends on your tastes. Let me know what your interests are & we can make better recommendations [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good suggestions were made. I am a native Miamiam and one place I always suggest is to visit is Vizcaya. Here is a link for you. Well worth seeing. This is the John Deering estate.

http://www.vizcaya.org/

Miles

I totally agree Vizcaya is wonderful place to visit - for the gardens, John Deering's amazing installation of early modern appliances into a beautiful home and just the whole setting. I would visit again as it was so amazing to me.

The other place I found very moving was the Holocaust Memorial.

http://holocaustmemorialmiamibeach.org/visit/

I am not Jewish but had family in Europe during the war. I found the sculptural artwork, the clean minimalism of design and the names and information at the site very moving.

Julie

Hi Seacruiser123

Thank you for your help. Either Coral Gables or Coconut Grove would work well for us. Ideally we are looking for a boutique hotel with good restaurants and bars close by. On or near the water would be good.

Suite Travels

Thank you for your suggestion which is very welcome and with four days before the cruise we will definitely put Vizcaya on the list.

• 1 month later...