Hampton Inn Convention Centre

Mr and Mrs C

I have booked the Hilton Riverside for our cruise next January at a rate of $158 with breakfast plus $39 for parking. Friends of ours just got back and used the Hampton Inn, and said they really like it. I priced it and they have a cruise package for $134 plus $14 per day parking and you can also park for the duration of the cruise at that rate per day. They offer a free shuttle to and from the port.

I asked the lady on the phone from the Hampton if the street cars run nearby, I think she said yes! I was having a hard time understanding her and the phone convection wasn't great, can anyone confirm this for me? I asked my friends but they said they just walked a lot, so didn't have any info on the street cars. We want to visit the French quarter, Jackson square, royal and bourbon street etc.

Can anyone also weigh in on if one of these hotels is in a better location? We are planning on staying 3 nights, so it's $150 more American to stay at the Hilton, and I also will need to add 35% on top of that to convert into Canadian. We don't need anything fancy, just clean and safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also remember that Hampton Inn's offer breakfast that is included in the rate.

The Hampton Inn Convention Center is across the street from the convention down near the Crescent Connection Bridge. That makes it very convenient for getting to the port, as it is just on the other side of the Convention Center Building. To get their, the hotel shuttle (or a cab) will just drive to the end of Convention Center Boulevard, go around the convention center and onto the one way street in front of the port terminals (this is also where Mardi Gras World is located).

As for the streetcar, there is not a stop directly near the hotel. The John Churchill stop is on the other side of the Convention Center, but I am unsure how you access it without going through the Center (which is not always open) and the last time we rode the Riverfront line, that station was closed and Streetcars were turning around at the Julia Station, which is one station closer to the French Quarter. In this case, the Hilton Riverside is superior because the streetcar stop is right near the front door of the hotel.

I hope this helps some.

dctravel

Thank you for your reply, both hotels offered breakfast for the rates mentioned above. The Hilton has it included if you have a CAA/AAA Card.

We have a couple people in our group that will not be able to walk long distances, so I will need easy access to the street cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums