LAX to San Pedro

spcl4cs_gal

I prefer Lyft or Uber. Much cheaper. But it all depends on how many people you are travelling with and how much luggage. If it is just two, Lyft or Uber are good. If it is more than two, there is UBER XL. But again, if you search there is additional information on Lyft and Uber to San Pedro. Enjoy your cruise!

I'd say there is no one answer that suits everyone. I for example, will not take shuttles, and when I fly to LAX for a cruise out of San Pedro, I always take a town car. Not for everyone, but it is right for us. I think only you can make the decision, and you have several choices.:)

I'd say there is no one answer that suits everyone. I for example, will not take shuttles, and when I fly to LAX for a cruise out of San Pedro, I always take a town car. Not for everyone, but it is right for us. I think only you can make the decision, and you have several choices.:)

In that case, it is execucar, discussed here many times.

Can anyone post the easiest, most economical way to get from Los Angeles to San Pedro? Thanks.

Let me attempt to expand upon the multiple answers here...

First, disregard "public transportation" completely--though cheap, it will never be "easy". You want someone who will, basically, take you "door-to-door" from LAX (I assume you are flying into LAX...there ARE other airports) to either the World Cruise Center or to a hotel in San Pedro for the night before your cruise.

Now, a taxi, would do that for you, but a taxi will also be one of the LEAST economical ways to do it--and poses no real advantage over some of the other options.

Limo companies also abound in Los Angeles--but this would likely be your least economical way of doing it--though easy and comfortable.

Which really leaves you with the three main options discussed here: Shuttle, car service or cell phone app ride sharing system.

Of those three, it also depends on how many are in your party--since the car service or the ride share app are charged by the car while the shuttle is charged by the person...Of course, some of those choices are also limited as to how many persons you might have since there is a limit to what fits in the vehicle...So, if you have, say 4 people, you'd have to arrange for the larger and more expensive Uber XL or the car service van...

A shared shuttle service will usually be the cheapest of these-IF you are a party of two since they typically charge about $17 per person for one-way LAX to San Pedro. The problem with this option for many is that it is a SHARED shuttle...and they may circle the airport a bit until they fill the shuttle and they may make other stops on your way to your destination. Sometimes they get lucky and quickly fill a van with passengers all heading to the same place...but often not. But, if you have lots of time and don't care about making some extra stops, it DOES take you from right outside baggage claim to your destination rather cheaply. The largest shuttle companies are Super Shuttle and Prime Time Shuttle but several others also service the route such as Road Runner, Karmel and others...You can make reservations ahead of time...or you can just walk out to the curb, find the Super Shuttle (or Prime Time) sign and arrange it right there.

A car service--like Super Shuttle's Execucar (Yes, it's the same company and you can pre-book it on the same Super Shuttle website) will charge a bit more--I believe around $45 to $60 one way...but, the advantages are you don't share the ride and there are no extra stops...Once they pick you up, it is straight to the cruise port or hotel.

Uber is usually fairly inexpensive--a little less than Execucar...But there can be other issues. Since LAX can be VERY busy, often they go to "surge" pricing--and it is no longer a bargain...or, sometimes, they may not even have cars available at all. An other issue is that they will not pick you up right at baggage claim--you have to walk to their pick-up point at LAX.

Good luck...

Let me attempt to expand upon the multiple answers here...

First, disregard "public transportation" completely--though cheap, it will never be "easy". You want someone who will, basically, take you "door-to-door" from LAX (I assume you are flying into LAX...there ARE other airports) to either the World Cruise Center or to a hotel in San Pedro for the night before your cruise.

Good luck...

I'm the first one (and pretty much the only one) to suggest public transportation to Long Beach. Never to San Pedro. Can be done but it's convoluted and not much cheaper than the options in the above posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The UberX/Lyft pickup points are on the *departures* level at LAX - if you're claiming bags there's an elevator (at most terminals, outside the doors to the airport drive) that will take you directly up to the sidewalk above.

Take a look at the bottom of this page for the map of the designated pick-up spots. They're shockingly convenient relative to some other airports.

https://www.uber.com/airports/lax/

I rarely get surged for mid-morning arrivals at LAX - if I have time to spare, I'll wait ten minutes. In the last several months, I've never had the "no cars available" message. Prior to that my longest wait until I got in the queue was 12 minutes.

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to just walk out and get a taxi? Or is it better to book a car ahead of time?

Despite massive searching, I haven't seen anything about easy access to taxis.

We aren't interested in shuttles or uber, etc. I'm looking at the town car deal, but hate paying non-refundable deposits (cuz you never know :) ).

So are there taxis just outside the terminal? Are they easy to get to? Plentiful? Comparable in price to a town car?

Or just book a car and stop worrying about it?

I'm talking about going from LAX terminal 6 to San Pedro.

Thanks.

Just did Super Shuttle San Pedro to LAX two weeks ago and everything went perfectly. Driver smack on time. It was $99 including tip (prepaid on their website) for four people. Ended up being less as another couple was in a race to get to LAX and since the van had plenty of room they came along with us. Brought our rate down to $34 per couple.

Courteous driver. All was well.

We found the other couple with whom we shared the ride, here on CC on our roll call.

• 1 month later...

After readng this thread, it Sounds like Execucar may work for us better plain super shuttle...good info on this thread... thanks

What about post cruise..san pedro to LAX? Do they pick up?