Cocktails

Looking for suggestions for fun low sugar/low calorie cocktails for my upcoming Med cruise on Celebrity.

Tend to order champagne, wine, rum & Diet Coke, or vodka & club soda w/splash of grapefruit. Anyone have any other ideas? I sometimes look longingly at the frozen drinks...🍷🥃🍸🍹

Champagne and vodka/club soda are all good options if you're looking to reduce calories and carbs. Remember, the lower alcohol content in wine, the fewer the calories than those with higher alcohol content.

If you must have a frozen cocktail, limit yourself to just one, every once in a while. They are loaded with sugar, so just take it in moderation.

Here is a neat little article about the best wine choices:

http://www.shape.com/blogs/fit-foodies/best-wines-your-waistline

Enjoy!

Also, if you like spicy, I like a Michelada, which is kind of like a bloody mary with a beer instead of vodka, and you can request a light beer and instead of tomato juice just hot sauce and worcestershire and horseradish and other seasonings. I love them, but I like spicy things.

What you currently go for is probably what you should stick with.

I disagree about alcohol content in wine being proportional to carbs. It all depends on how much residual sugar there is. Some of the wines out there are still very sweet because they haven't been fully fermented, especially the starter wines (won't name any brands). I'm not sure carbs in alcohol are fully absorbable by the body (a carb in one form isn't necessarily equivalent to a carb in another).

As for fruit juices, hey're laden with sugar and no fibre to help absorb it. Micheladas will be deadly to the diet, not to mention added sodium..