Alaska Shore Tours / Juneau Shore Tours

cynthia0033

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have excursion experience with the company AlaskaShoreTours.com and/or JuneauShoreTours.com?

Do you recommend them? I am having issues locating them on TripAdvisor and Yelp, since their name generally refers people to other tour options.

Thanks for any input!

Cynthia

I checked them out a while ago and they seem to be an aggregator site. For instance, the whale watch/Mendenhall Glacier tour appears to be thru Juneau Whale Watch - description is similar and price is $5 more but we booked directly through the vendor and also received a 10% discount with promotional code.

I did the Whale Watch/Mendenhall Glacier with JuneauShoreTours.com last Tuesday. They are great!. Very knowledgeable! I enjoy the whale watching and the bus trip to and back from the glacier.

BTW, don't throw away your tour ticket on your whale watching boat!. They will check the ticket every time you gets on a bus.

I booked the whale watching tour through Alaska shore tours. I had done some research prior to the trip but had to wait to the last minute to book something. I called them from the ship at about 10 am and they were able to get me on the whale watching tour through Juneau Tours at 2:00 that day. Just went 2 weeks ago and it was great. We saw two whales that were very active.

Ironically, the next day we were in Icy Strait Point and I saw way more whales sitting in the Schooner lounger having a drink! there was even a group of them that did the circle feeding thing and I got some great pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
I checked them out a while ago and they seem to be an aggregator site. For instance, the whale watch/Mendenhall Glacier tour appears to be thru Juneau Whale Watch - description is similar and price is $5 more but we booked directly through the vendor and also received a 10% discount with promotional code.

I am looking at this excursion for next year but wondering if they pick you up at the port(sailing on the Radiance) or do you have to walk or cab the little over a mile to the dock? What was the promotional code you used for your discount.

I booked the whale watching tour through Alaska shore tours. I had done some research prior to the trip but had to wait to the last minute to book something. I called them from the ship at about 10 am and they were able to get me on the whale watching tour through Juneau Tours at 2:00 that day. Just went 2 weeks ago and it was great. We saw two whales that were very active.

Ironically, the next day we were in Icy Strait Point and I saw way more whales sitting in the Schooner lounger having a drink! there was even a group of them that did the circle feeding thing and I got some great pictures.

So, what did the whales order to drink? LOL. Sorry, just had to ask. :D

I am looking at this excursion for next year but wondering if they pick you up at the port(sailing on the Radiance) or do you have to walk or cab the little over a mile to the dock? What was the promotional code you used for your discount.

They picked up us near where the Radiance docked. The dock that the whale watching left from was about 20 minutes from the port area.

I did the Whale Watch/Mendenhall Glacier with JuneauShoreTours.com last Tuesday. They are great!. Very knowledgeable! I enjoy the whale watching and the bus trip to and back from the glacier.

BTW, don't throw away your tour ticket on your whale watching boat!. They will check the ticket every time you gets on a bus.

Great advice! Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

We are sailing on Oosterdam on Sept 17 and wondering if we should do the excursion from the ship or use the tour I_Shinji took with Juneau Shore Trips. Seems the same itinerary. We have never been to Alaska, never on Oosterdam (but other HAL ships). Any advice fellow cruisers??

We just came back and used Harv and Marv, six person boat. It was a fabulous excursion. Highly recommend them. Whomever you choose make sure it is a small boat not one of the large boats. The small boat excursions, the viewing is phenomenal