Another question about Oli's Trolleys time

betmust

I am trying to book the trolley for an upcoming cruise with a stop in Bar Harbor. The ship arrives at 8am and the only time available for the 4 hour tour is 9:30.

Seeing it is a tender port, what are the chances that we would make it? Do they usually let off the people who booked thru them first?

Thanks for any help..

I originally booked the 4 hour tour and cancelled it. My ship is coming from Nova Scotia and has to go through customs first. I don't have Princess Elite stays to get priority so tour company said not likely to make in time unless I was "very agressive". I booked a private tour instead..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

That is our first stop from Boston so no customs. I just am not sure. I have done 8 Royal Caribbean cruises but never ran into this. I know people who book their excursions get the tenders but does that mean no one gets off till the people who book excursions with them get off. Doesn't sound right.

Can you tell me who you used for the private tour? Their are 8 or 10 of us so it makes it hard...

Thank you

Edited by betmust
added on something

I am trying to book the trolley for an upcoming cruise with a stop in Bar Harbor. The ship arrives at 8am and the only time available for the 4 hour tour is 9:30.

Seeing it is a tender port, what are the chances that we would make it? Do they usually let off the people who booked thru them first?

There is a second company that offers bus tours of Acadia, and they are rated the same as Oli's in TA. The name is Acadia National Park Tours.

Here are 3 taxi companies in/near Bar Harbor that offer tours.

Only At Your Service stated in their ad that they could handle up to 13 passengers. The others you will have to contact if the handle large groups.

SBtS

There is a second company that offers bus tours of Acadia, and they are rated the same as Oli's in TA. The name is Acadia National Park Tours.

Here are 3 taxi companies in/near Bar Harbor that offer tours.

Only At Your Service stated in their ad that they could handle up to 13 passengers. The others you will have to contact if the handle large groups.

SBtS

We are going to be in Bar Harbor in early October (on board Anthem) and opted to pre-book with Acadia National Park Tours...I liked the difference using a bus instead of a trolley..just a personal decision....glad to hear your recommendation for this company too.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for any help..

There is sometimes a very small window called the "skip breakfast" window. It means that if you are ready to go, the instant they start tendering, there is often a few minutes where you can get a tender ticket, the moment they become available. But with any delay (it also depends if you're coming from Boston and still in the USA or re-entering the USA from Canada in Bar Harbor), be it setting the anchor, Customs and Immigration related, or simply a lot of people waiting from the get-go, it seems very easy to miss a 9:30 tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is our first stop from Boston so no customs. I just am not sure. I have done 8 Royal Caribbean cruises but never ran into this. I know people who book their excursions get the tenders but does that mean no one gets off till the people who book excursions with them get off. Doesn't sound right.

Can you tell me who you used for the private tour? Their are 8 or 10 of us so it makes it hard...

Thank you

I booked through "At Your Service Tours"

Phone-(207)2888294

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

There is sometimes a very small window called the "skip breakfast" window. It means that if you are ready to go, the instant they start tendering, there is often a few minutes where you can get a tender ticket, the moment they become available. But with any delay (it also depends if you're coming from Boston and still in the USA or re-entering the USA from Canada in Bar Harbor), be it setting the anchor, Customs and Immigration related, or simply a lot of people waiting from the get-go, it seems very easy to miss a 9:30 tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your reply. We will be coming from Boston so no Immigration issues to worry about. The woman at Olli's Trolleys was very nice about it. She understood my concern. I was told that I should call her at 8;30am and let her know if I made a tender or not. If not, then she would switch us to a shorter tour and refund the difference.

Hoping we can be downstairs early and ready to get off.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...