Silver Spirit

imcpa

My wife & I will be on our 2nd Spirit cruise next month (our first was in July 2015). Do the verandah suites still have DVD players or have they gone to the on demand video service?

My wife & I will be on our 2nd Spirit cruise next month (our first was in July 2015). Do the verandah suites still have DVD players or have they gone to the on demand video service?

Unless changed very recently they still have DVD players. Of course we think the Spirit TVs, that are behind the "mirrors", are not one of the Spirit's strong points and are for us hard to see.

We just got off the Spirit on Wednesday. Stayed in Veranda 722--no DVD player only an iPod docking station.

Any other updates, details, tips, etc., that you can provide on the Silver Spirit?? We get on that ship next Wednesday in Lisbon. It will be on our first time on this ship after doing four cruises on the Silver Cloud.

Understand Mino Pontillo will be the Captain and Moss Hills as the Cruise Director. Right? Any insights on the Captain or CD? Mino Pontillo was our Captain (and very good) during our first sailing with Silversea in July 2010 doing the Norway Coast, above the Arctic Circle, 15-day sailing.

Any suggestions, comments for us in doing the Star Supper Club, about the musical/shows, etc.? Any and ALL items/insights on the Silver Spirit would be appreciated.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 181,348 views for this posting.

Moss Hills is OK but we'd gotten to know Collin Brown on the Wind quite well so it was a big change. Moss very rarely mixed with the passengers when we were on the Spirit. We did trivia with him and he was more engaging during the games.

Mino Pontillo was the captain on our first SS cruise (Cloud, 2010) and he was the captain on our Spirit cruise in 2015. If he is still captain this July, my wife will be ecstatic.

Mino Pontillo was the captain on our first SS cruise (Cloud, 2010) and he was the captain on our Spirit cruise in 2015. If he is still captain this July, my wife will be ecstatic.

Not sure how long Mingo will be on as the Captain. I will ask during June 14-25 cruise and report back. Glad your wife has excellent taste and style to like him so much.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 215,907 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Any other updates, details, tips, etc., that you can provide on the Silver Spirit?? We get on that ship next Wednesday in Lisbon. It will be on our first time on this ship after doing four cruises on the Silver Cloud.

Understand Mino Pontillo will be the Captain and Moss Hills as the Cruise Director. Right? Any insights on the Captain or CD? Mino Pontillo was our Captain (and very good) during our first sailing with Silversea in July 2010 doing the Norway Coast, above the Arctic Circle, 15-day sailing.

Any suggestions, comments for us in doing the Star Supper Club, about the musical/shows, etc.? Any and ALL items/insights on the Silver Spirit would be appreciated.

Terry,

Also looking forward to our first Spirit cruise in August. We almost chose your exact cruise (but was concerned school wouldn't be out in time for our daughter), so looking forward to your trip report!

Captain Pontillo is such a special man. He is commanding, as a Captain must be, and charming as the very best gentlemen should be. My late husband and I thoroughly admired him, and were fortunate to sail with him several times.

Terry, Also looking forward to our first Spirit cruise in August. We almost chose your exact cruise (but was concerned school wouldn't be out in time for our daughter), so looking forward to your trip report!.

Appreciate these great comments and super follow-ups. Arrived this morning in Lisbon and we are totally loving the character and charm of this historic city with so much nice architecture and style. Keep it coming with the excellent insights for Silver Spirit.

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 51,320 views for these postings.

• 2 weeks later...

I have another question regarding the Spirit. Although I was on her in July 2015, I have little memories of the Observation Lounge on Deck 11. I am intent to enjoy it this time around.

Are there any specific hours/days that there is a full service bar serving wine and champagne in the Lounge, or is it just self-service coffee, etc?

I have another question regarding the Spirit. Although I was on her in July 2015, I have little memories of the Observation Lounge on Deck 11. I am intent to enjoy it this time around.

Are there any specific hours/days that there is a full service bar serving wine and champagne in the Lounge, or is it just self-service coffee, etc?

I'm pretty sure the Ob Lounge opens at 6 every night. They're full service with all the usual trappings.....It may be open at other hours of the day, but I'm not familiar with that

it's open all day, but self-serve until the evening when they have a staff member present to prepare drinks and offer light snacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk