Any recent news on dining reservations on The Muse?

CruisinPashmina

There have been no recent posts on how the Muse's Dining Reservation system is working. Are the earlier kinks being successfully addressed? Or addressed at all?

And how are single cruisers being accommodated? Are solos made to feel welcomed at dinner? Are there open tables to which single sailors may be seated with others?

Lots of questions, but, to me, they are all related in that the new restaurant policies are a departure from the Silversea so many of us have loved and supported.

Is there any hope that The Muse will have a Main Dining Room?

So...updates anyone?

RCL tried getting rid of the main dining room (program was called Dynamic Dining), but has gone back to having a main dining room as the new concept was not popular and failed.

Re Scenic Cruises they say they will have 9 restaurants. With a pax load of 228 I am certain there will be room for all, as opposed to Silver Muse.

There's a new post in the Cruise Reviews section regarding the Muse. Yet more passengers who found the new dining arrangement on Muse to be unsatisfactory -- to the point where they will never come back to the Muse if the dining set-up remains the same.

Edited by Bon.Vivant

There's a new post in the Cruise Reviews section regarding the Muse. Yet more passengers who found the new dining arrangement on Muse to be unsatisfactory -- to the point where they will never come back to the Muse if the dining set-up remains the same.

What a shock!!!

We have friends who like the ship but feel exactly the same.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is a shame, because it sounds like a lovely ship in most other respects. But the dining situation is a deal-breaker.

Edited by Bon.Vivant

During staff meeting and being a new ship, I will bet lots of items are coming up for them to deal with. When hospitality has their turn, I would imagine “dining” takes up most of the conversation.

This ship is at sea and all fixes are dynamic, yielding results that may or may not be desirable. Time is not on their side and something drastic will need to fix the dining flow-structure, or educate the guests on how to use their new system.

It behoves them to create a dining ‘Plan-of-action” to reduce or eliminate stress on something that guests look forward too. This should be a joyful time of dressing-up, mingling with others or sitting and reflecting over dinner about the wonderful day they just had...

We have three BTB segments coming up and it forced us to require special requirements from their management prior to our arrival. Don’t like having to make special demands that others should also enjoy…

Carefreecruise, I feel sure that there are many of us who will be counting on you to take us along on your upcoming Muse adventure. So far there have been many questions and few, if any reassuring reports. With three b2b segments you'll have a lot of experiences to share.

I would particularly love to know if you will be able to make spontaneous decisions to join others for dinner. Flexibility has always been a SS delightful hallmark. And welcoming singles, before I was a single, was a bright spot. My husband and I met a lot of interesting passengers, both solo and couples, and we treasured the ease and spontaneity of making new friends....over many years.

Anyone else out there who has first hand Muse experiences they would share? Friends who don't go on CC have been consistent in telling me that the ship is handsome, but they doubted if they would sail on her again. Very discouraging.

We have successfully reserved 10 dinners (out of 14 days) of our Montreal to Fort Lauderdale voyage, leaving the rest to be decided upon later. Basically, we will have at least one dinner in each restaurant, with two in La Terrazza and The Grill. We will wait until after our voyage (September 28 to October 12) before we have any first hand experience of the situation to report.

By the way, with our previous voyages, we really liked the Shadow (twice) and not so much the Spirit.

I can understand solo travellers may fine the new arrangements less than friendly, we travelled on the Inaugural Venetian sailing with many solo world cruisers who also felt the same. I think they could adopt some flexibility in Atlantide which in terms of menu and style is "like" the main dining option, they have a couple of large tables and could make it known that these are available for solos. They would need to put some thought in to the concept and if/how you would book or whether they adopt a flexible approach for these tables. I certainly think they will need to consider this for Grand Voyages which may attract a larger number of solo travellers.

I travelled with my partner, we did book all dining in advance on mysilversea.com and found it really easy, once on board the staff were very accommodating regarding increasing table sizes if you meet people you would like to have dinner with and also changing restaurant. It is a very new concept but after a couple of days we liked it especially the wide choice of venues and varied menus.

I'm following this subject with great interest, and more than a bit of trepidation since we will be on the ship in Jan. for 69 days. Can't imagine knowing where we want to dine & with whom in advance. To those who have been on the Muse, did the menu vary at all in Alantide or Indochine? On the Spirit Grand Voyage in Jan, they rotated the menu in La Terrazza every few days &, of course the main dining room, although the same dishes came around quite often (not a bad thing.) I'm hoping those of you on extended voyages will let us know if/when changes are made to accommodate spur-of-the-moment reservations/changes. At least the powers that be are aware that it's not a popular arrangement although, as has been suggested, there is little chance they can retro-fit to a Main Dining arrangement. This does strike me as a real "first world problem" & it's highly doubtful we will starve while on board. If all our problems were so simple ! Meanwhile, I'll be following your posts with great interest. Happy travels all !

I'm following this subject with great interest, and more than a bit of trepidation since we will be on the ship in Jan. for 69 days. Can't imagine knowing where we want to dine & with whom in advance. To those who have been on the Muse, did the menu vary at all in Alantide or Indochine? On the Spirit Grand Voyage in Jan, they rotated the menu in La Terrazza every few days &, of course the main dining room, although the same dishes came around quite often (not a bad thing.) I'm hoping those of you on extended voyages will let us know if/when changes are made to accommodate spur-of-the-moment reservations/changes. At least the powers that be are aware that it's not a popular arrangement although, as has been suggested, there is little chance they can retro-fit to a Main Dining arrangement. This does strike me as a real "first world problem" & it's highly doubtful we will starve while on board. If all our problems were so simple ! Meanwhile, I'll be following your posts with great interest. Happy travels all !

I think refreshing the menu on longer voyages needs to be addressed, we will be in the 25day Rio-For Lauderdale in February and have a similar concern, note my review on my blog http://www.isitreallyfivestar.com/silver-muse-silverseas-new-5-ship-review/

We did 12 days on The Muse in May. We booked some restaurants in advance and took pot luck on others. We enjoyed the restaurants but 4 nights in Atlantide convinced us that there will have to be rotation of menus introduced. SS is aware of this and is I hope working on a solution. Enjoy the Muse. She is a beautiful ship.

I was all ready to book on the Muse for early next year. Everything looked wonderful. THen I saw this thread, and similar and reviews, and cannot conceive how someone could have goofed so bad in their design. No other luxury ship has no main dining room, where you can come whenever & with whomever you want. I don't know today what time I am going to want to have dinner in March! Hopefully, I'll see that this has changed, but I am ready to book very soon.

We enjoyed the restaurants but 4 nights in Atlantide convinced us that there will have to be rotation of menus introduced.

Introducing a rotation of menus should be fairly easy. But it cannot be done overnight. There will be issues of provisioning the ingredients for the dishes on various menus, etc., and those orders are probably placed many weeks if not months in advance.

I was all ready to book on the Muse for early next year. Everything looked wonderful. THen I saw this thread, and similar and reviews, and cannot conceive how someone could have goofed so bad in their design. No other luxury ship has no main dining room, where you can come whenever & with whomever you want. I don't know today what time I am going to want to have dinner in March! Hopefully, I'll see that this has changed, but I am ready to book very soon.

Honestly it really is very flexible just book the rough time you would normally dine and if you need change it wasn't an issue at all. I have the view that all restaurant are best when they pace the arrival of guests, this allows the kitchens to get high quality food out at a sensible pace, I have found on SS that when the dining rooms suddenly fills the food quality and speed suffer so I see the sense in a booking structure.

Echo Stumblefoot's thanks Davic32 for sharing your blog (and a very well done & balanced Muse review). Your review for us, is very helpful as we lean towards booking the Muse when the right itinerary is found.

Echo Stumblefoot's thanks Davic32 for sharing your blog (and a very well done & balanced Muse review). Your review for us, is very helpful as we lean towards booking the Muse when the right itinerary is found.

Thank you, doing the Whisper in August so will review again.

Honestly it really is very flexible just book the rough time you would normally dine and if you need change it wasn't an issue at all......

That's very interesting indeed that it wasn't an issue for you, when it was for a number of other people who experienced the opposite -- a lack of flexibility in being able to change pre-set arrangements and dine with new-found friends.

Like a number of others, I am following this topic with interest before deciding whether or not to venture on the Muse.