New to Viking

haybella1316

Hi all

We are looking into Viking but have young children. Are children welcome and are there cabins that fit four

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cutting to the chase, Viking is not a family cruise line; it is not a segment of the market that Viking wishes to serve and hence they are not prepared for families traveling with children under the age of 16.

The cabins are not designed for more that two people. As far as I know, they don't have connecting rooms either.

True.

Age requirement is 16 for Viking Ocean, and I believe 14 for Viking River. No putting 2 kids alone in a room. Adult required in every room. 14+ yr olds interested in history especially having taken a foreign language would love the river cruises I've been on.

Viking is not for young kids or kids (or adults) who find history boring.

Did meet a family last week with daughters 16 & 20 who loved their Homelands cruise

There were a few of multi-generational groups on both of our cruises (June for Midnight Sun and New Years in the Mediterranean). But young adults who come on board expecting that they will get a Carnival/Royal Caribbean/NCL type party hearty experience will be in for a bit surprise. Viking is nothing like those lines and offers no programing or facilities geared for young adults.