Room Service charge if you just order coffee?

Hi, we are interested in just ordering room service for coffee only in the morning. Is there a room service charge for that?

No, there's no charge for the continental breakfast items (including coffee) in the morning.

No, there's no charge for the continental breakfast items (including coffee) in the morning.

I always get coffee with our cooked room service breakfast.

Over the 6 mornings room service was available 3 times it was awful,twice it was okay and once it was fantastic.

Is this still the case? I thought all room service had a charge now, maybe I missed something.

I always get coffee with our cooked room service breakfast... Over the 6 mornings room service was available 3 times it was awful,twice it was okay and once it was fantastic.

Yep. I'm afraid we have no love for room service coffee. ;p

Bob, thanks for posting the menu; I had missed that too.

Tips have never been required for any kind of room service as far as I know. It's always been a suggested tip. So regardless of whether you pay for the $7.95 room service or don't pay at all because you got continental breakfast, it's just suggested. I would assume folks would still tip even if they paid the $7.95 fee.

ETA: and heck yea, I would gladly pay a $1.00 or $2.00 tip to have FREE coffee delivered to my room as I'm waking up LOL!

Would you tip 7.95 for pizza delivery?Over here, if you order a large pizza it costs like £15 or so. 7.95 would be a 50% tip!

When room service was free I would tip, now that it's 7.95 and RCI says that includes a tip there's no need to tip extra.

Why would one not tip the crew member that delivered? Would you tip on land based room service even though the food delivery has a up charge built in?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, upcharges include "tip" such as in the specialty restaurants. Now at $7.95 to deliver basic runny eggs, I would say the $7.95 would cover the tip. Many items include a "service charge" around the world, and generally speaking, when you see a service charge, you don't tip.

please let me deliver your next pizza

I think you misunderstood. I wasn't telling you I tip 7.95 on pizza, I was basically saying that the 7.95 for room service includes the tip so was asking you would you pay 7.95 tip for something small like ordering pizza from room service? I actually only tip a quid for pizza delivery as this is the UK and nobody ever tips more than 10% tip for anything.

Yep. I'm afraid we have no love for room service coffee. ;p

Bob, thanks for posting the menu; I had missed that too.

The total room service is over $8 with the tax added.

My breakfast fried eggs sunny side up were cooked perfectly​ as were the sausages and bacon,the breakfast is so much better than the scrambled egg beaters they used to serve before the charge.

Really? I wouldn't. $7.95 is quite enough for a tip I think.

Don't forget there is tax on top too.

I have always tipped the room service and on our last cruise on Freedom 4-11 June they really appreciated it because i think a lot of people because of the charge might not be tipping extra now.JMO