connection at Doha

brian1

Hi,we fly LHR to Doha next year with a 50 min connection to Singapore.Ive looked at airport website and all others,but no gate or concourse mentioned.The flights are qr10 and qr942.Anyone out there knowlegable with this airport,your info would be helpful.This seems a bit tight to me.My only hope is this is a block booking and they will wait for us.We booked with the same company this year and we were late from SIN to DUB to pick up the conn to LHR,but there were 200 of us.Hopefully the numbers will be the same,cheers,Brian.

May be too early to know the gate assignments for next year

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Hi,yes,but I have been looking for current gates and concourses for the same flight numbers,on websites like flight status etc.All to no avail,cheers,Brian.

I don't know why you expect to find a gate posted. These are sometimes not posted until a few HOURS before the flight departs.
Because if you read my post properly,I said I was googling current flight status of the same numbers to give me an idea of distances of concourses etc.OMG the arsiness has started already lol.

Because if you read my post properly,I said I was googling current flight status of the same numbers to give me an idea of distances of concourses etc.OMG the arsiness has started already lol.

Let's be blunt.

Whatever gates a flight might currently be using has ABSOLUTELY ZERO relationship to what the flight might use next week, let alone NEXT YEAR.

Zero....Nada....Zilch....Nyet

So any "research" you are doing is, at best, a waste of time and at worst, possibly providing you with a false set of data leading to false assurances.

And if being that blunt, direct and forthright is "arsiness", then so be it.

... I was googling current flight status of the same numbers to give me an idea of distances of concourses etc. ...
Then the status of the current flights will tell you virtually nothing about your specific trip. The concourses and gates used can change from day to day, and the gate for a specific flight on a specific flight can change from hour to hour even on the day of departure. At many airports around the world, that's the flying equivalent of looking out of a British window today to work out what the weather will be "next year" - which would not be a sensible approach to take to choosing clothes.

By all means look at a map of the airport to see what the distances are between various gates. But you can't know which gates will be used for your flights. Looking at specific flights today to work out how much time you need next year is a fool's errand. All it will tell you is how far today's passengers have to walk.

Anyway, if you had no choice of flights, then you have no choice in the matter anyway. At any place where you have a 50-minute connection, the advice for how to deal with the connection would inevitably be "You'd better get on with it".

We booked with the same company this year and we were late from SIN to DUB to pick up the conn to LHR,but there were 200 of us.Hopefully the numbers will be the same,cheers,Brian.

So from what you've said, it sounds like you've booked through a company that gives you no say in your choice of flights? And this company booked you with an international-to-international connection of a mere 50 minutes? Was this a cruiseline? Or a travel agency known for booking consolidator tickets or what? What do THEY say they'll do about rebooking you if you miss the connection? Most frequent flyers I know would be extremely hesitant to book a 50 minute connection on an international-to-international flight, but I'm guessing you got an extremely good price? ;)

So from what you've said, it sounds like you've booked through a company that gives you no say in your choice of flights? And this company booked you with an international-to-international connection of a mere 50 minutes? Was this a cruiseline? Or a travel agency known for booking consolidator tickets or what? What do THEY say they'll do about rebooking you if you miss the connection? Most frequent flyers I know would be extremely hesitant to book a 50 minute connection on an international-to-international flight, but I'm guessing you got an extremely good price? ;)
I have no idea of the flight costs,it is all lumped in with a cruise and a landtour of Africa including internal flights.We done the Golden Triangle earlier this year with a cruise from Dubai to Singapore with 5 Emirates flights.When we all flew from SIN to DXB I think there must have been 350 of us on that plane.3 groups then connected to LGW,LHR and MAN.Our plane to LGW was waiting for us almost empty and our group filled it pretty well.I am hoping this will be the case in Doha with a block booking.Regarding gates etc,I realise gates vary but I thought concourses were like terminals and certain flights always depart from them,I was wrong there,but thats the point of this board,finding that out.I had the hump with the second reply who I thought was a bit snarky,sorry to everyone else who gave advise.Cheers,Brian.

By next year your flight schedules/times could be changed a little. I would not worry about it for a long time yet.

We found Doha to be an amazing airport. The most modern, and the largest assortment of duty free stores that we have encountered (not that we buy anything). At two in the morning the place was very busy. We stopped changed on our way from Milan to South Africa and on the way back.

By next year your flight schedules/times could be changed a little. I would not worry about it for a long time yet.

We found Doha to be an amazing airport. The most modern, and the largest assortment of duty free stores that we have encountered (not that we buy anything). At two in the morning the place was very busy. We stopped changed on our way from Milan to South Africa and on the way back.

Hi,thanks for that.The last 2 replies is how questions should be addressed here,perhaps other people should take note.One more question.As I wont have time to grab my 2 bottles of voddy,will my 2 bottles bought at LHR be confiscated at the secondary security check at Doha connection even though it will be purchased airside,cheers,Brian.

What do THEY say they'll do about rebooking you if you miss the connection?

So I'll ask the above question again. You've now indicated that yes, you booked a package of some sort, that includes the aforementioned 50 minute international connection that you're worried about. That's great that LAST time it was a "block booking" and they waited for you but you can't necessarily count on that happening again. You said in the original post that that was you're only hope, but that may or may not be true.

So.... have you contacted the tour company with whom you booked the tour to ask THEM "what happens if we miss the connection? What will YOU do for us to get us reaccommodated?" Their answer may tell you a lot.

So I'll ask the above question again. You've now indicated that yes, you booked a package of some sort, that includes the aforementioned 50 minute international connection that you're worried about. That's great that LAST time it was a "block booking" and they waited for you but you can't necessarily count on that happening again. You said in the original post that that was you're only hope, but that may or may not be true.

So.... have you contacted the tour company with whom you booked the tour to ask THEM "what happens if we miss the connection? What will YOU do for us to get us reaccommodated?" Their answer may tell you a lot.

Yes,its a block booking because this company always does.Anyway I dont want anymore condescending answers on that subject.I now need an answer on my 2 bottles of voddy,cheers,Brian.

Yes,its a block booking because this company always does.Anyway I dont want anymore condescending answers on that subject.I now need an answer on my 2 bottles of voddy,cheers,Brian.

Perhaps sign up for Flyertalk and ask the question on the Qatar Air forum? Just beware....if you think the Cruise Air forum is rough, Flyertalk is even rougher. It's a small price to pay, if you want to get good, hard information....rather than experiential inexact answers.

Perhaps sign up for Flyertalk and ask the question on the Qatar Air forum? Just beware....if you think the Cruise Air forum is rough, Flyertalk is even rougher. It's a small price to pay, if you want to get good, hard information....rather than experiential inexact answers.
Hi,I think youre link provided the info I needed,thanks.I did go thru the process of joining FT but the activation link in their email didnt work so I am waiting for a reply from their admin.Cheers,Brian.

I'm sorry if you found my answer (it was actually a question) to be condescending, but it really would be a good idea to talk to the tour company with whom you booked. Ask them what they will do for you if you misconnect. I don't know why that suggestion is seen to be condescending; they sold you a ticket with tight connection so it seems logical to ask them about it.

• 1 month later...