What Is Your Favorite Month to Cruise to Caribbean and Why

Hi,

We are still working so we can't cruise frequently and we can't be to spontaneous. We need to plan at least couple of months ahead for work schedules. Kids are grown so we can go any month of the year.

What is your favorite month to cruise to Caribbean and Why?

Thanks for all your valuable input.

Sue

We like to cruise in March to get away from the cold winter in the Northeast and November either before Thanksgiving or after. We like that there are not many kids even with it being Spring break in March and the holiday in November but then we do 10 day or longer cruises.

We cruised over the Christmas holidays and it was wonderful! It felt so good to be able to sit out by the pool or the beach on what would be a cold December day back home. Plus the ship was decorated very nicely for the holidays.

Hi,

We are still working so we can't cruise frequently and we can't be to spontaneous. We need to plan at least couple of months ahead for work schedules. Kids are grown so we can go any month of the year.

What is your favorite month to cruise to Caribbean and Why?

Thanks for all your valuable input.

Sue

Our first time and many cruise since have been around our May 2nd Anniversary. We have found this time to be good for several reasons.

1. End of the winter season, many ships leave the Caribbean right after our cruise, so we still have choices.

2. Spring break is over, Kids are back in school till around late May/ Early June. Less kids.

3. Weather is usually great, and typically still not so great up here in the midwest. Travel usually isn't difficult.

4. Days are starting to get longer so more daytime fun.

October! Most kids have just gone back to school in August and September so there is not a lot on board especially on the southern routes out of San Juan. Also the prices are good that time of year and it is our anniversary time! :cool:

Sep/Oct. The kids are back in school so there are very few on board. That, and it being the height of hurricane season, the prices tend to be much lower.

And still plenty of daylight for outdoor fun. This is becoming our 2nd favorite time to go. I've already started watching the NOAA website for this Sept.

I have to add that I am so jealous of anyone who CAN cruise in the off season. As in not dead of summer when there are aprox. 1 billion children on the cruise ship...lol. Working in a school ( multiple handicap mostly with severe Autism) I envy people who can get away to a quieter vacation. Don't get me wrong after almost 18 years working my job I do love my job and my students. But on one cruise I actually bumped into one of my old students in the pool:eek:. Sometimes you just want to get away. However we really like Royal so I guess this is the price we pay...literally:D

January/February, escape the cold.

Agree!:D We've found the first few weeks after New Years is a good time to get cheaper prices. And early February can be cheaper too, but prices start rising in mid to late February.

September/October is my second favorite time but I really like being in the Caribbean during January knowing that everyone back home in Indiana is dealing with ice and snow!;)

Sherri:)

I have to add that I am so jealous of anyone who CAN cruise in the off season. As in not dead of summer when there are aprox. 1 billion children on the cruise ship...lol. Working in a school ( multiple handicap mostly with severe Autism) I envy people who can get away to a quieter vacation. Don't get me wrong after almost 18 years working my job I do love my job and my students. But on one cruise I actually bumped into one of my old students in the pool:eek:. Sometimes you just want to get away. However we really like Royal so I guess this is the price we pay...literally:D

I work in a school too, we cruise in December every other year. I save up personal days and use them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We try to go between the end of February and the end of March. We live in the northeast. We like the cold and snow but after 3 or 4 months, it's time to get away.

This is us too. We're not yet sick of winter in January. Early March is when we most need to get out.

Agree!:D We've found the first few weeks after New Years is a good time to get cheaper prices. And early February can be cheaper too, but prices start rising in mid to late February.

September/October is my second favorite time but I really like being in the Caribbean during January knowing that everyone back home in Indiana is dealing with ice and snow!;)

Sherri:)

Do you usually book after final payment to try to get lowest prices? I have cruises booked in Nov & Jan and the prices are reasonable but not fantastic. My guess is they will drop sometime after final payment.

April, May, Sept, Oct, not as hot as mid summer, seas have been dead calm the last 4-5 cruises. We fly spirit on discounted miles this time of year, (ten cents on a dollar). Have not paid for a full fair airfare in over 15 flights over the last 6-7 years.