RC Credit Card Question

I just transferred 300 points from my credit card to my RC account for OBC. Does anyone know if that will post to my online account or I have to wait till I get onboard?

That doesn't seem to be enough to get anything. Did you mean 30,000?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

• 8 months later...
When I redeemed points for OBC for my March 2017 the OBC didn't show up until day 2 on the ship (along with my TA's).

That happened to me as well last cruise..didn't post till on board 2 days. I have 150 OBC I would like to see post to my acct. before our sailing next month. I redeemed the in January.

My OBC hasn't ever shown up on my cruise planner, don't know why some do and some don't. For my upcoming cruise I just redeemed 30,000 points ($300.) towards the cost of the cruise and after a few days I called because it wasn't showing up as a payment. There seems to be a variety of answers depending on who I talked to, from it won't show up until about a month before the cruise, to before the final payment is due. Last number I called 888-305-4626 (seems to be a combination of RCLVisa & RCL customer service) got a reasonable answer that I could accept. Anyway the lady (My Cruise Rewards office) said they are posted based on the date of the cruise and since mine isn't for several months, they work on the ones coming up sooner. Any, mine showed up the next day. For OBC Visa points, I call and plead until they finally tell me it is showing up on their side and they email me an updated document showing the OBC, then I print it and take it with my, just in case it doesn't show up. So far it's always shown up.

That happened to me as well last cruise..didn't post till on board 2 days. I have 150 OBC I would like to see post to my acct. before our sailing next month. I redeemed the in January.

Why? It will show up in a day or two once onboard

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why? It will show up in a day or two once onboard

My guess is so that it can be used for discounted purchases only available pre cruise.

I’ve been waiting for mine as well. With our drink packages, internet and shore excursions already purchased pre cruise, there’s not a lot extra that we’d want to spend OBC on.

If I redeem my points for OBC for a cruise I am taking the end of the month, and don't use all of the $$, do I lose the remaining balance ?? THANKS

OBC from Visa points is refundable. You can get a cash refund on the last day of the cruise if you have any left.

Bob, one more question (please)....can you use OBC's for pre-sailing purchases like shore excursions? How?

Thanks

Yes, you can use certain types of OBC for pre-cruise purchases, such as OBC from booking on board, OBC from Royal promos, OBC from Visa points. OBC from travel agents and purchased OBC is not usually available for pre-cruise purchases.

When you enter your Cruise Planner (whenever that becomes possible again), you should get a pop-up showing how much OBC you have for pre-cruise purchases.