Oceania's Free Shuttles List

hoffdahl

any favorites in Luca? Have a private tour arranged...but would love some suggestions.

Thanks,

Are you looking for a shuttle ? If you have a tour arranged will they not pick you up at the ship?

If you are looking for things to see or do I suggest going to the Ports of Call forum for Italy

any favorites in Luca? Have a private tour arranged...but would love some suggestions.

Thanks,

Hi. Check out this website regarding Lucca.

Has anyone done Oceania shore excursions in Valencia ?

http://www.turismo.intoscana.it/allthingstuscany/aroundtuscany/autumn-day-trip-to-lucca/

Edited by Michaelsbuddy

Didn't do O excursions in Valencia, but did take public bus (or cab is possible) to Arts and Sciences complex not too terribly far from port. If you're a photographer, you'll love it.

This will be our first real cruise. We are on Sirena saints and Stars Barcelona to Rome Aug 19-29 2016. Have you done excursions with O? I'm liking the Valencia one which goes to old town and the aquarium. We have 4 free excursions with O life so might as well use them.

:)

This will be our first real cruise. We are on Sirena saints and Stars Barcelona to Rome Aug 19-29 2016. Have you done excursions with O? I'm liking the Valencia one which goes to old town and the aquarium. We have 4 free excursions with O life so might as well use them.

:)

Haven't done too many excursions on O, as they're a little expensive, and up until recently, they didn't offer free ones. Aquarium is supposed to be pretty good, and I did visit the old town on my own - liked it a lot. Maybe you could squeeze in a short walk of Arts and Sciences after the excursion.

Pictures of Valencia are here, although you may have to dig a bit to find the Valencia ones: http://www.pbase.com/roothy123

Hi. Check out this website regarding Lucca.

Has anyone done Oceania shore excursions in Valencia ?

http://www.turismo.intoscana.it/allthingstuscany/aroundtuscany/autumn-day-trip-to-lucca/

Thanks for posting the link on Lucca...it's now in my favorites, so I have it handy when I start my planning for next years cruise.

Edited by buggins0402

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I did a search in this thread and no shuttle information came up for any of the below Northern Europe ports on our next cruise.

Hamburg

Kristiansand

Oslo

Gothenburg

Thank for your help!

Wouldn't it be nice if the cruise lines provided this information, with times, in advance?

I did a search in this thread and no shuttle information came up for any of the below Northern Europe ports on our next cruise.

Hamburg

Kristiansand

Oslo

Gothenburg

Thank for your help!

Wouldn't it be nice if the cruise lines provided this information, with times, in advance?

Oslo you dock in town short walk to downtown or the HOHO stops at the dock

Kristiansand short walk to town or they have a tourist train for a fee

Edited by LHT28

• 1 month later...

In Buenos Aires there is a free shuttle to the city centre and in the port you can buy ticket for the Hop on Hop off bus which is waiting at the port and bringing you back there. I don't remember the price but it's not expensive at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Roothy123--and anyone else who has answers to my request...

You seem to have lots of information about free transfers in ports where Oceania docks in. We are taking the June 7-14, 2016--sailing on Marina from Lisbon to London. Do you have information about free transfers (or busses, cabs, etc.) offered in the following ports:

Oporto, Portugal

Ferrol, Spain

Bilbao, Spain

Bordeaux, France

Brest, France

Southampton (to London)

All information will be appreciated!

Shirley Binder -

shibin for cruises @ aol.com (needless to say, omit the spaces in my email address)

I'm afraid I've only been to Southampton. We flew into Heathrow and took a train and bus I believe to the port to board the ship. It wasn't particularly long or hard, but of course there are probably easier ways to get there, including Oceania transfer. We just like to do things on our own if possible.

In Buenos Aires there is a free shuttle bus to the town center, not far from the hop on hop off bus info desk (also in the port they are selling tickets and the hop on hop off bus gets you there (and brings you back). I would not recommend to walk from the port to the city, it's not that far but it's not very safe.

In Ushuaia: no shuttle needed. Taxis are waiting outside and you can negociate tours in National park. They are very friendly, especially if you try a few words spanish. Also boot excursions are available in the port.

In Chile: a lot of ports are with tenders and you need organised excursions due to the lack of touristic infrastructure.

Love South America!

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone knows if there's a shuttle needed or provided to downtown Sitka?

Thank you.

John

We were there last August, yes there is one needed and yes, there was one provided. Can't speak for this year or next though.

Edited by ORV

I may be in the wrong place so I am sorry if I am. Is there public transportation to the ship from the airport in Aukland or dock to airport in Bali? We need to know before we pay for ship transport. We are real novices. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if Oceania provides a free shuttle in Malaga Spain. if so does it drop you off at Plaza de la Marina?

There is no need for a shuttle in Malaga. You dock right at the town.

I may be in the wrong place so I am sorry if I am. Is there public transportation to the ship from the airport in Aukland or dock to airport in Bali? We need to know before we pay for ship transport. We are real novices. Thank you.

For Auckland, I suggest you hire a cab, The ship docks very close to the Hilton and cabs are available. It's about a 35-40 minute drive. If I recall, I paid about $80 NZ for 4 people and luggage 4 years ago. If you are a Hilton Honors member, they will store your bags until you are ready to depart to the airport.

Have not taken transport to Airport in Bali but I would again suggest a cab if there is no ship's shuttle.

Edited by Aloha 1

Hi, Merrywench Yes there is a public airport bus from the airport. It finishes at the bottom of Queen Street, just by the ferry wharf which is nearly next to the cruise wharf. They leave about every 20 minutes, and have plenty of room for suitcases. I cannot remember the fare ,but think it is about NZ $16-18. You pay the driver when you enter the bus. If you haven't any NZ dollars there are ATMs & banks in the terminal where you can exchange money. The bus will only accept local currency

• 3 weeks later...

I don't remember, but if you have euros, especially change, you could walk to the train station/subway stop that's close by and get down to a central location from which to sightsee. When we were there a couple years ago at Sta Apolonia, there was someone standing outside the terminal and I verified with him which direction I needed to go. I just don't remember if I asked about the subway, bus or shuttle bus - I believe subway. Of course, there were cabs available too.

I know that doesn't help much, but if you're a little bit adventuresome, it isn't too hard to figure out where to go and how to use public transportation there. It's a fairly convenient docking location in Lisbon, and yes, not too far from city center.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
In Buenos Aires there is a free shuttle bus to the town center, not far from the hop on hop off bus info desk (also in the port they are selling tickets and the hop on hop off bus gets you there (and brings you back). I would not recommend to walk from the port to the city, it's not that far but it's not very safe.

In Ushuaia: no shuttle needed. Taxis are waiting outside and you can negociate tours in National park. They are very friendly, especially if you try a few words spanish. Also boot excursions are available in the port.

In Chile: a lot of ports are with tenders and you need organised excursions due to the lack of touristic infrastructure.

Love South America!

I am on CC looking for another topic but ran into this one. I respectfully disagree about Buenos Aires.....we walked it several times on various cruises and never felt unsafe. You do walk past perhaps 1 block of some sort of local's market that might have made you feel 'unsafe' but aside from that....easy walk into the heart of the city.