Any Updates on the Noro Situation?

curtdesilets

Scroll down the threads to "Riviera On Code Red Again" and you will find more than you ever wanted to know.

curtdesilets - Read the whole thread, if you would be willing to suffer that much. It would appear that the problems, while not restricted to Riviera, were most persistent there. It seems that extreme measures were being taken to sanitize the ship and promote hygiene among pax and crew (short of dry-docking the ship, as some desired).

There were reports of a Noro outbreak on the RTW cruise, but that was slight and resolved quickly.

I think it is fair to say that people were really, really, REALLY hoping that Noro would no longer be the first topic on the Oceania CC board, as the subject was flogged to death. I am suspecting that is why most people are not replying to your inquiry. Really, just read what is there, in that thread, as that is the locus for the various responses and updates, and we are all really hoping this will go away!

Thanks.

Donna

Edited by Toranut97

curtdesilets - Read the whole thread, if you would be willing to suffer that much. It would appear that the problems, while not restricted to Riviera, were most persistent there. It seems that extreme measures were being taken to sanitize the ship and promote hygiene among pax and crew (short of dry-docking the ship, as some desired).

There were reports of a Noro outbreak on the RTW cruise, but that was slight and resolved quickly.

I think it is fair to say that people were really, really, REALLY hoping that Noro would no longer be the first topic on the Oceania CC board, as the subject was flogged to death. I am suspecting that is why most people are not replying to your inquiry. Really, just read what is there, in that thread, as that is the locus for the various responses and updates, and we are all really hoping this will go away!

Thanks.

Donna

I suspect everything will be fine by the time we sail in July!

Looks like Riviera has a problem. How about Regatta? Anything new on her, Noro wise that is??

Seems to me that you are reading old news. Have not heard of any problems now.

We are on board as of today. All appears to be fine. I asked our butler about the last cruise. He said that there had not been any cases and that the ship had been thoroughly disinfected.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are on board as of today. All appears to be fine. I asked our butler about the last cruise. He said that there had not been any cases and that the ship had been thoroughly disinfected.

which ship are you on board today ???

Wonderful, Can't wait to be on board in July. :):):)

Looks like they are on the Riviera according to their countdown clock.

Looking at Riviera now sitting at their dock in Miami. Looks great. Hope all goes well on the T/A and they keep the ship in good shape for our July cruise. Know they will.

They drained the pool and were still repainting the surface on SAT Day # 1 . It's filled . Food , so far , very good .If there will be any more problems we won't know for another couple days . We're 120 miles out . Ships time 11:30 PM . Windy outside . 72 degrees Fahrenheit . Nighty night .

They drained the pool and were still repainting the surface on SAT Day # 1 . It's filled . Food , so far , very good .If there will be any more problems we won't know for another couple days . We're 120 miles out . Ships time 11:30 PM . Windy outside . 72 degrees Fahrenheit . Nighty night .

Thanks for the update KING

which ship are you on board today ???

Yes....we're on Riviera.....all is good so far....no indication of past problems. The crew is smiling and happy.....can't do enough for us in terms of great service. Absolutely no complaints from us at this stage. Even the seas are calm.

Yes....we're on Riviera.....all is good so far....no indication of past problems. The crew is smiling and happy.....can't do enough for us in terms of great service. Absolutely no complaints from us at this stage. Even the seas are calm.

We are also onboard. Fabulous so far. Salt and pepper on tables. We were able to get an extra reservation at Toscano last night. Service great. Hope it remains this way!

According to the CDC - "Vessel Sanitation Program - Cruise ship outbreak updates" there have been 8 sailings with reported (on their site) outbreaks so far in 2016.

Five of these sailings had the "causative agent" declared to be "norovirus".

Four different cruise lines were involved with the declared Norovirus and three other cruise lines had an Unknown "causative agent.

This is an industry problem.

Edited by UDSpud
correct sp there to their

Good so far .Don't see much encouragement from staff to use the sanitizers . Saw the red bucket guy doing the rails up on the shuffle board deck today . Still some people don't seem too concerned . We are lucky that it's a lighter passenger load . Sorry , not much to tell you one way or another . :cool:

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all on board now who are posting about noro!! I am on the next cruise and have been worried and preparing for the worst. I hope you have a wonderful (and healthy) trip! If any of you are staying on in Barcelona, have you also signed in on the Barcelona roll call?

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all on board now who are posting about noro!! I am on the next cruise and have been worried and preparing for the worst. I hope you have a wonderful (and healthy) trip! If any of you are staying on in Barcelona, have you also signed in on the Barcelona roll call?

As I posted either earlier on this thread or perhaps another one, according to the CDC, norovirus "season" ends in April. While this is not a guarantee that it will not occur during the spring or summer, it is unlikely. So, don't worry - just enjoy your cruise.

According to the CDC - "Vessel Sanitation Program - Cruise ship outbreak updates" there have been 8 sailings with reported (on their site) outbreaks so far in 2016.

Five of these sailings had the "causative agent" declared to be "norovirus".

Four different cruise lines were involved with the declared Norovirus and three other cruise lines had an Unknown "causative agent.

This is an industry problem.

It is my belief that it is a people problem. They don't wash their hands enough or at all.

Good so far .Don't see much encouragement from staff to use the sanitizers

Still fine onboard. And while we have not been overly pressed to use sanitizers, for the first time ever while we've been on an Oceania vessel, there were statements made by the CD during the lifeboat drill about the importance of washing one's hands thoroughly and using the sanitizers. Further, there's been someone posted by the door of the Grand dining room in the evening asking that we use the sanitizer. And we received a bottle of sanitizer and bug spray in our cabin.