Riviera Review with lots of photos and menus

MVPinBoynton

We have just published the review of our Recent southern Caribbean cruise on the Riviera to our website, which you can get to by clicking the link in my signature.

Since it was a Code Red cruise, I did include photos of how the disinfectant was sprayed and wiped on so many surfaces. Although some people did not enjoy their cruise, particularly those that contracted Noro, we had a great time and only had minimal inconveniences. I appreciated that Oceania did everything they could to protect us from getting Noro; although it was a lot of extra work for the crew, who still provided great service and friendly smiles.

The reason we went on this cruise was because most of the ports were new to us. We had some great private tours; as well as a couple ship tours on these interesting islands. I hope you enjoy the review and that it helps in your cruise planning.

We have just published the review of our Recent southern Caribbean cruise on the Riviera to our website, which you can get to by clicking the link in my signature.

Since it was a Code Red cruise, I did include photos of how the disinfectant was sprayed and wiped on so many surfaces. Although some people did not enjoy their cruise, particularly those that contracted Noro, we had a great time and only had minimal inconveniences. I appreciated that Oceania did everything they could to protect us from getting Noro; although it was a lot of extra work for the crew, who still provided great service and friendly smiles.

The reason we went on this cruise was because most of the ports were new to us. We had some great private tours; as well as a couple ship tours on these interesting islands. I hope you enjoy the review and that it helps in your cruise planning.

Tried to open the review, but could not get it. Would love to read it

Tried to open the review, but could not get it. Would love to read it

You probably need to refresh the page, since you probably have a cached version of the page on your computer.

Edited by MVPinBoynton

No problem, it is http://www.thepreismans.com. Enjoy!

We were on the charter beginning after your disembarkation and were lucky that the ship was professionally cleaned.We could not board till late in the afternoon but the cruise was the normal experience.I had to stop the urge to serve myself in the buffet which is what I am used to.We loved Oceania and will be back at some point.The food and service were outstanding.Our host spared no expense.They flew in Don Felder of The Eagles to do a show.We are back to reality on Sunday sailing on Regal Princess on its transatlantic crossing.Many thanks to all the people on this board for their suggestions and help precruise.

Our host spared no expense.They flew in Don Felder of The Eagles to do a show.We are back to reality on Sunday sailing on Regal Princess on its transatlantic crossing.

I've changed my mind ... i don't want your job ... I want your LIFE

I've changed my mind ... i don't want your job ... I want your LIFE

Thanks,I appreciate that.I often hear from women I know that they wish they were my wife.My standard comeback is ,where were you when I needed a prom date!

We were on the charter beginning after your disembarkation and were lucky that the ship was professionally cleaned.We could not board till late in the afternoon but the cruise was the normal experience.I had to stop the urge to serve myself in the buffet which is what I am used to.We loved Oceania and will be back at some point.The food and service were outstanding.Our host spared no expense.They flew in Don Felder of The Eagles to do a show.We are back to reality on Sunday sailing on Regal Princess on its transatlantic crossing.Many thanks to all the people on this board for their suggestions and help precruise.

It does sound like your entertainment was better than ours. :D

I enjoyed another great trip report from MVP.

I especially enjoyed the photo of Roger Cartwright. He is a great lecturer and a very dear man. We enjoyed several dinners with him and his lovely wife June.

I'm jealous. I would imagine that dinner with him would be most interesting!

I enjoyed another great trip report from MVP.

I especially enjoyed the photo of Roger Cartwright. He is a great lecturer and a very dear man. We enjoyed several dinners with him and his lovely wife June.

You were most fortunate. He has had some fascinating experiences and tells his stories so well. I enjoyed chatting with June before each of the lectures, since she waits at the entrance as everyone comes in. Just a lovely couple indeed.

@MVP: What a great report! It triggered quite a few memories of vacations spent on Caribbean islands and of our cruises.

You wondered what the multicolored tree was: It looks to me like a bougainvillea where plants of different color bloom were closely spaced to give this pretty effect.

Garbage: I managed to take a picture of the only garbage in the streets of Gustavia. It was a champagne cork. :D As to the garbage in many poor areas worldwide, our first guide who explained it logically in numbers was a young female Cambodian with a no-nonsense attitude. She said how much an average village family earns and how much garbage pick-up costs - if it exists at all.

Mike, thanks as always for a great review. I been on one Celebrity cruise that was Code Red or close to it. .they did all on the list you mention.. I never found it a problem. i do not remember doors taped with red but maybe i never walked by one.. the rest of the list was used. I have done only one B2B with with Dottie years ago.. she seems to get the big ships.. i am trying O again next winter on the new small ship without a bathtub. i am tub person so not thrlilled on that.. as far as ports i am surprised most are new for you as you cruise so much.. two i never been to on your list. I used Thenford years ago. his tours are great. i think he always does the tours./COLOR]

@MVP: What a great report! It triggered quite a few memories of vacations spent on Caribbean islands and of our cruises.

You wondered what the multicolored tree was: It looks to me like a bougainvillea where plants of different color bloom were closely spaced to give this pretty effect.

Garbage: I managed to take a picture of the only garbage in the streets of Gustavia. It was a champagne cork. :D As to the garbage in many poor areas worldwide, our first guide who explained it logically in numbers was a young female Cambodian with a no-nonsense attitude. She said how much an average village family earns and how much garbage pick-up costs - if it exists at all.

Glad you liked it. I did think it kind of looked like a bougainvillea; but I have never seen one combined like that. It was pretty.

LOL on the champagne cork!

I can appreciate that garbage pick up can cost a lot; but it is a shame to have to live like that.

Mike, thanks as always for a great review. I been on one Celebrity cruise that was Code Red or close to it. .they did all on the list you mention.. I never found it a problem. i do not remember doors taped with red but maybe i never walked by one.. the rest of the list was used. I have done only one B2B with with Dottie years ago.. she seems to get the big ships.. i am trying O again next winter on the new small ship without a bathtub. i am tub person so not thrlilled on that.. as far as ports i am surprised most are new for you as you cruise so much.. two i never been to on your list. I used Thenford years ago. his tours are great. i think he always does the tours./COLOR]

Thanks Robin. I hope you are doing. It has been a while since we cruised together.

We have only done one southern Caribbean cruise and that was our very first one; so we have missed out on many of them. We will be doing another southern Caribbean next year and pick up some other islands we haven't been to. We try to go to other parts of the world when we can. We are really looking forward to Iceland next month.

IMHO plastic bags and selfie sticks are the scourge of Southeastern Asia. At least, you didn't report on selfie sticks sticking up all the time and everywhere you want to take a picture of a monument or pretty landscape. I am now into taking pictures of tourists taking selfies. It's more of a fun issued compare to the garbage.

One guide said his village was never aware that garbage could be a problem until one of their water buffalos died and they found a plastic bag in its stomach.

Thanks Robin. I hope you are doing. It has been a while since we cruised together.

I still remember that rainy cruise. i would say in 2008 or 09 as i did it to become elite before Alaska. my last Celebritry was 3 years ago with a child.

We have only done one southern Caribbean cruise and that was our very first one; so we have missed out on many of them. We will be doing another southern Caribbean next year and pick up some other islands we haven't been to. We try to go to other parts of the world when we can. We are really looking forward to Iceland next month.

when i ;lived in FL did several but you hit French ports. never been to Guadaloupe and only 0nce in college to martinque. -the others been too .AZ doing the ABC island next dec. i guess you no longer dive or snorkel. my reason for the carribbean.

i have been to two ports in Ireland and going back in 2017.. can you say very cold in July. make sure you both do the blue lagoon. I wish you tell us the ships months before on your Home Page. i am sure I am one of many who would love to look up the ports before you go.. people sick or not i rather be sailing than hte cold we had while you were gone.

trying O next winter Tahiti to Sydney

when i ;lived in FL did several but you hit French ports. never been to Guadaloupe and only 0nce in college to martinque. -the others been too .AZ doing the ABC island next dec. i guess you no longer dive or snorkel. my reason for the carribbean.

i have been to two ports in Ireland and going back in 2017.. can you say very cold in July. make sure you both do the blue lagoon. I wish you tell us the ships months before on your Home Page. i am sure I am one of many who would love to look up the ports before you go.. people sick or not i rather be sailing than hte cold we had while you were gone.

trying O next winter Tahiti to Sydney

I do still enjoy snorkeling, just didn't fit into our schedule this cruise. Will do a lot on the January cruise. I added the ships to the future cruises and made it a little easier to read. It wouldn't be an issue if we didn't have 4 booked.:D

I do still enjoy snorkeling, just didn't fit into our schedule this cruise. Will do a lot on the January cruise. I added the ships to the future cruises and made it a little easier to read. It wouldn't be an issue if we didn't have 4 booked.:D

Mike I like knowing as i do look at other lines and i wish i had done this cruise as i sailed into Mia from LA 3 days before. forgot how cold NC gets in late march and April. I am doping AZ in dec and then Cuba by small ship. then the new O in Tahiti which i was on as Princess years ago there. thanks for adding it in. .think it will help newbies or people who are looking to switch/trey more cruiselines.:D

Would LOVE to see your review because they are always so great (thank you!) but cannot get the "hand" to appear over the ship and therefore cannot get in. Have refreshed, restarted, recached, all that re-stuff. Nothing works.

Would LOVE to see your review because they are always so great (thank you!) but cannot get the "hand" to appear over the ship and therefore cannot get in. Have refreshed, restarted, recached, all that re-stuff. Nothing works.

Thanks for letting me know. That was my mistake, not yours. It is fixed; but you could have clicked on the link on the home page too.

MVP, Thank you for writing such a positive and comprehensive review of our cruise on the Riviera. Like you and Carol, we enjoyed our time on board and met some amazing people! We can't wait to cruise on the Regatta in October and the Riviera in January. Happy cruising! Evelyn, Lake Worth Fl.