Wine Lists

aquidneck1

Hello, My husband and I are primarily wine drinkers. I see that there is a list of wines by the bottle on the website for the wine package and I understand that this will vary by cruise. My question is this, are the wines that are listed in the package the only wines by the bottle that are available?

If there are other wines by the bottle available, does anyone have a list? Prices included would be great.

Also, can anyone tell me how extensive the wines by the glass list is. Always prefer a bottle but would like to see that list as well.

We have a lot of shipboard credit, so I am trying to figure out if it will cover our wine and I find that the current list is lacking regarding my preferences.

Thanks for your help! Due to itinerary, we will not bring wine on board so are planning on putting all credits to the wine.

Wine lists, by the glass and bottle, are on the Oceania website under each restaurant. Look under "experience" then under "cuisine." The by glass list is the same for all venues. They do not include prices but there is a blog, http://www.thepreismans.com/, that provides some of the lists with prices.

I wouldn't rely upon those "sample wine lists" for each restaurant separately.

We've only been on Riviera once thus far, over the holidays, and we're very eager to return.

However, we used a more extensive wine list on board, which makes sense, given that the list is "sample" on the website.

And we were able to order whichever wine we preferred, regardless of restaurant.

We also are primarily wine drinkers (red).

We were slightly surprised with the somewhat limited choices at the moderate-high and higher end.

However, we found a favorite that isn't so easy to find in restaurants, so we were happy campers, and just kept ordering the same.

In our opinion, there weren't any special wines by the glass (it's rare to find those anywhere, although it's a great way to try new wines when there is such a choice).

But if you don't finish a bottle, they'll store it and you can request it later at any restaurant, or enjoy the rest on your own balcony :)

In case I didn't emphasize it, we LOVED the Riviera!

Thanks so much for the replies. I missed those lists on the website and understand that they too can vary. We will probably skip the wine package if the list remains as is.

It is reassuring to see more choices and looking at the prices on the Priesman's list, I think that we will be fine ordering bottles for dinner and an occasional glass for lunch.