Riviera Shops

spindrift

Hi folks. We have just had a wonderful TA on Riviera and ready to move on to the Sirena Inaugural.

We had some shipboard credit, and we were to spend it before our disembarkation in the morning. We went and had dinner and returned to the shops only to learn that what we felt like we wanted was no longer out for sale. We were told they were cleaning up for the new group arriving the next day. The shops close at 11 p.m. and this was 8:15 p.m. We told them we were "still on the cruise" and were surprised they were already catering to the new passengers. I am really, disappointed in O to allow this, so be aware and shop early if you have credits and don't want to lose them.

I suggest that you all, if this is the case with you, that you go early even tho you can supposedly shop until 11 p.m. I was very, very disappointed. I see all these little changes being made. Soo sad.

The rest of the staff are wonderful. Couldn't be better. Food excellent as usual.

Edited by spindrift

Hi folks. We have just had a wonderful TA on Riviera and ready to move on to the Sirena Inaugural.

We had some shipboard credit, and we were to spend it before our disembarkation in the morning. We went and had dinner and returned to the shops only to learn that what we felt like we wanted was no longer out for sale. We were told they were cleaning up for the new group arriving the next day. The shops close at 11 p.m. and this was 8:15 p.m. We told them we were "still on the cruise" and were surprised they were already catering to the new passengers. I am really, disappointed in O to allow this, so be aware and shop early if you have credits and don't want to lose them.

I suggest that you all, if this is the case with you, that you go early even tho you can supposedly shop until 11 p.m. I was very, very disappointed. I see all these little changes being made. Soo sad.

The rest of the staff are wonderful. Couldn't be better. Food excellent as usual.

They wouldn't get it back out to make the sale? How odd. Are you sure someone else didn't buy it?

Edited by ORV

They wouldn't get it back out to make the sale? How odd. Are you sure someone else didn't buy it?

We had the same experience.

We went back relatively early the final evening to purchase something we had noticed before, and they had those things packed away because it was the end of the cruise. Made it sound like they had to cart everything off and drag it all on to a different ship!

So, no item for us, no sale for them.

(It wasn't a trinket. More their loss than ours... We were just startled,)

We have never had this experience -- pretty much we go into the shops to use up extra OBC at the end of the cruise! And perhaps the reason we haven't had this kind of problem is that we go in earlier in the day.

At least we now know not to wait until the last minute!

I agree that this should not happen. Turn-around times are difficult for ship personnel but I can't see why that should affect the shops.

Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Mura

we just got off Regatta still shopped at 9pm

The sale people are not O employees maybe they can do what they like :confused:

seems odd not to want to sell what they can before new people board

Shop until 11 pm on the last day? When are the sales people supposed to change everything for the new cruise and also sleep? They should put a sign up with an earlier closing time.

What is wrong with them swapping the merchandise on disembarkation day

The housekeeping staff can strip the cabin |& re-do them the morning or the new cruise

The shops are closed until after sail away anyway ..lots of time for them to re stock

I don't understand the "change everything for the next cruise idea".

It's not like they have anything different from cruise to cruise. I do know that every once and while there might be itinerary or region specific items. Other than that it's the same old same old.

I never fail to be amused at the end of cruise sales (not really Oceania, more mass market). They do the whole cycle over again on every cruise.

The only time there might be a deal is when a ship is moving from one region to another and has some of that aforementioned region specific merchandise that they want to get rid of.

On Regatta everyday they had some tables set up with different specials offered, then at night they are usually packed up ready for the next days "specials " but the other items are usually still there (unless sold)

I was looking at a handbag I wanted but could not decide if I needed it or not

Well someone bought it so decision made for me :D

Last few days of the cruise the same stock was left out on the sale tables to get rid of the stuff

$10 watches, evening bags, pashminas etc...

if they closed earlier than the posted time of 11 pm I did not see it

still open after the show at 10:30 pm

Maybe on the O class ships it is different