We're Onboard Sirena, What Do You Want to Know?

editor@cruisecritic

Tomorrow, we'll board Oceania's newest acquisition: Sirena, in Barcelona. We'll be there for the christening and then five days around the Mediterranean before hopping off at Rome's Civitavecchia.

We know the ship, which may have come over to Oceania from Princess, but was a pure Oceania-esque creation (it's one of the 8 Renaissance ships that Frank del Rio championed in the late 1990s); it's one of our favorite vessels afloat. It's also, many of you already know, largely identical in design to Oceania's Regatta, Insignia and Nautica. I'm super curious how the refurbishment may be different from that of Regatta, which got a big redesign two years ago (we were onboard on its first cruise too).

Happy to answer questions, and will be sharing a photo album on Cruise Critic's Facebook page (in a few days), and will also be covering the christening, with godmother Claudine Pepin, talented chef daughter of Oceania's Jacques Pepin. Stay tuned...and please do ask away.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Edited by editor@cruisecritic

Hi, sitraveler. We'll see, and I'll report back. On Viking in early April, felt like passengers were quite adventurous. Wondering if the lines draw similar demographic? Haven't been on Oceania since Viking Oceans launched, so intrigued to see....

Carolyn

CSB

Enjoy Oceania. I'll bet your fellow travelers will be more adventurous than on Viking. And much more traveled.

We will be sailing on her soon, would like to know if they have left the steam room in the spa area and if this facitity will be available to all not just suite passengers.

Thank you.

It would be odd if they changed the rules just for Sirena

All the other ships have steams rooms open to ALL guests

Tomorrow, we'll board Oceania's newest acquisition: Sirena, in Barcelona. We'll be there for the christening and then five days around the Mediterranean before hopping off at Rome's Civitavecchia.

We know the ship, which may have come over to Oceania from Princess, but was a pure Oceania-esque creation (it's one of the 8 Renaissance ships that Frank del Rio championed in the late 1990s); it's one of our favorite vessels afloat. It's also, many of you already know, largely identical in design to Oceania's Regatta, Insignia and Nautica. I'm super curious how the refurbishment may be different from that of Regatta, which got a big redesign two years ago (we were onboard on its first cruise too).

Happy to answer questions, and will be sharing a photo album on Cruise Critic's Facebook page (in a few days), and will also be covering the christening, with godmother Claudine Pepin, talented chef daughter of Oceania's Jacques Pepin. Stay tuned...and please do ask away.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Look forward to reading your review. We all thank you for doing this.

It would be odd if they changed the rules just for Sirena

All the other ships have steams rooms open to ALL guests

They (the steam rooms) may be opened to all guests but they are all managed by Canyon Ranch Spa Club, aren't they? I had assumed unlike some other cruise lines, there is a charge to use the steam rooms on board Oceania ships, or am I mistaken to think that?

Edited by Cahpek

They (the steam rooms) may be opened to all guests but they are all managed by Canyon Ranch Spa Club, aren't they? I had assumed unlike some other cruise lines, there is a charge to use the steam rooms on board Oceania ships, or am I mistaken to think that?

Yes the spa is managed by Canyon Ranch

On the other Oceania ships there is NO CHARGE for the steam rooms

There may be a charge to use the spa deck on the O class ships depending on your cabin category

The R class ships seem to let anyone use the spa deck (no keycard required on Regatta)

Edited by LHT28

Well, I don't see foie gras or Lobster Thermidore :D :D

Seriously though - the menu looks great. I hope they'll have it on all R ships soon.

Reminds me of dinner - if I eat that for too many lunches I really won't be able to get in to my clothes at the end of mour Australian cruise next year! Yes, I know, one must exercise control - and exercise!!:eek:

We will be sailing on her soon, would like to know if they have left the steam room in the spa area and if this facility will be available to all not just suite passengers.

Thank you.

The steam room is still there, it is available to all, but the private spa deck is for concierge level.