Cabin 9071 - Summit

jakeman

• 6 months later...
Did you stay in this stateroom? We are booked in 9071 leaving in a couple of weeks and we have the same concern as you did. Please advise and welcome your feedback. Thank you.

I have stayed in Deck 9 portside cabins on other M-Class ships. The only "obstruction" would be the struts that are consistent throughout on Deck 9. I would not consider them an "obstruction" but some do. The overhang from Deck 10 (which the struts are supporting) provides extra protection from the sun & rain as well. If you are a sun lover then you may not appreciate the extra shade on these balconies.

MillenniumPortside_zpsf556d305.jpg

Edited by gimletgal

In my notes from when I was booking, I have 9071 as "partially obstructed". I don't remember if I got the list I have from CC or from the Celebrity website. I'm booked in 9131 on the Summit in January - port side, but mine is not listed as partially obstructed in the list I have. Yes, there is the overhang, but we are looking forward to being able to sit in the shade on our balcony while in the Caribbean. I don't know what the obstruction is for 9071.

On the Celebrity website, do a search for "Summit partially obstructed cabins". I got this in the results: "AquaClass®

*Additional charges apply. Staterooms 9064, 9066, 9071, 9073, 9090 and 9092 have partially obstructed views. Staterooms 9094 and 9100 have smaller verandas that are semi-private." If you click on the AquaClass link on the website, it takes you to a page with the same information. Still no details though on what the obstruction is.

• 1 year later...