Reflection has 2X more suites Luminae same size?

cruiseerf

The analytical data and facts:

• RF has 107 suites.
  • EC has 66 suites.
  • EC MDR used to seat 1402 (ship Cap. 2850) pre-Luminae
  • RF MDR used to seat 1460 (ship cap. 3030 - 180 extra people if all cabins at double)
  • MDR lost about 120 seats from MDR to convert to Luminae Seats, net loss of about 20 seats overall.

Reflection has then 41 more suites, not even double the number of S class, let alone more than double as initially stated.

Luminae has seating for about 102 people, Assuming all suites are double occupancy, that means feeding 214 people is necessary. This is easily accommodated with the Luminae seating, especially considering RS, PH and RF suites get unlimited dining, the other suites get 1 free dinner on shorter cruises, and not everyone is going to eat every night in Luminae.

There is no reason for concern.

I dined in Luminae in April and will dine there again in Sept. Just off the Solstice a week ago and we were in AQ and dined in Blu. I was a little worried as people were complaining about the quality of the food. The food, and service were smashing. No complaints. Never waited for a table. Is it Luminae ? NO. However for the price it is a great deal. Much better than the chaos of the MDR.

Just back from a July med cruise on Reflection and Luninae was fabulous and not overly busy. The only times that it was slightly busy were the earlyish slots around 6.30.

We only ate early once at this time and while it was busyish the service was to the same exemplary standard and in no way any slower.

Over all the food and service exceeded that in the MDR and the specialities by a large margin. You will love it:)

Just back from a July med cruise on Reflection and Luninae was fabulous and not overly busy. The only times that it was slightly busy were the earlyish slots around 6.30.

We only ate early once at this time and while it was busyish the service was to the same exemplary standard and in no way any slower.

Over all the food and service exceeded that in the MDR and the specialities by a large margin. You will love it:)

I also found the Michaels Club concierge would "throttle" their guests by keeping them in MC awaiting tables, so those in higher suites don't generally mind hanging out there for a pre-dinner cocktail, awaiting a table to be ready which lets those in Sky Suites get in with no issues.

I also found the Michaels Club concierge would "throttle" their guests by keeping them in MC awaiting tables, so those in higher suites don't generally mind hanging out there for a pre-dinner cocktail, awaiting a table to be ready which lets those in Sky Suites get in with no issues.

Regarding dining in Luminae, there was no Suite Class distinction on Reflection. All passengers in Suites had the option to dine in Luminae.

Regarding dining in Luminae, there was no Suite Class distinction on Reflection. All passengers in Suites had the option to dine in Luminae.

Yes they do, however SkySuites do not have access to Michael's Club, where many of the higher end suites will wait for their table while having a cocktail, which lets them throttle guests into lumina and not building a crowd at the door waiting for seating. The Liminae staff will call the club when tables come open.

Yes they do, however SkySuites do not have access to Michael's Club, where many of the higher end suites will wait for their table while having a cocktail, which lets them throttle guests

Curt

I completely missunderstood your last post....:confused:

the Engilsh dictionary defines throttle - attack or kill (someone) by choking or strangling them.

I can't see Maritza on Reflection doing this but are there other MCCs I've not yet met that adhere more firmly to the rules:eek:

LOL

Curt

I completely missunderstood your last post....:confused:

the Engilsh dictionary defines throttle - attack or kill (someone) by choking or strangling them.

I can't see Maritza on Reflection doing this but are there other MCCs I've not yet met that adhere more firmly to the rules:eek:

LOL

I was using Throttle in the sense of a throttle on an engine that determines the speed of the engine, You "throttle up" to go faster "throttle down" to go slower.

I love learning little nuances of similar languages, this is a new one for me!

Who's on first?

I took Curt's use of throttle to mean to control the flow of people. If Luminae is nor ready for x number of passengers, the host im Michael's would "occupy" the guests who do have access to Micheal's in order to make the process flow freely.

I've probably confused matters more, but at least I get it, I think:rolleyes::confused:

Sorry, typing while you were posting

Edited by kenevenpar

Who's on first?

I took Curt's use of throttle to mean to control the flow of people. If Luminae is nor ready for x number of passengers, the host im Michael's would "occupy" the guests who do have access to Micheal's in order to make the process flow freely.

I've probably confused matters more, but at least I get it, I think:rolleyes::confused:

And I suppose the MC concierge could Throttle them in the US sense by Throttling them in the UK sense with choking, so I think we are all on the same ball (cricket) field LOL

Edited by cle-guy

We were on Ref in Nov..which was before the Ref suites were re-classified. We were.assigned to BLU as AQ class guests...we worried ahead b/c the few extra seats in BLU did not match #s of potential diners..On board, .we never had a crowding issue, and non AQ suite guests were admitted subject to availability

We did not experience any slips in service or food quality in BLU on Ref in Nov or on Connie in Jan...in fact, BLU on Connie had an amazing chef....and staff!

I'm going to nip outside and throttle that cockeral so I can have coq au vin for my dinner:D

LOL

groryjm - Do you happen to know if Maritza will still be on Reflection for the October 23 TA crossing?

Jim

Edited by Jim_Iain

On Reflection we sail in a regular balcony cabin, and dine with the common masses in the MDR, or the Oceanview. And if we feel the need to hob nob, we bellie up and pay extra to go to Murano or Tuscan. Hence we don't have to endure the high brow crowding in Blu or Lumina. No one lied to us.

ps: if your concerned about being to crowded with common folk, there are other ways to see the places you want to go see.

My wife and I only cruise in suites because we want no part of the peasants in steerage. They all have cooties and smell funny so we only want to be with those of our superior economic class. You know, enduring meal time with the peasants is just so yucky. We high brow suite people are obviously superior to you common people!

I love the class warfare nonsense. We sail in suites because we like the extra room. I'm 6'2" and many of the showers in regular cabins are just too small. To afford the cost of the suites we simply sail less. Our cruise this fall on Infinity will be our first in 2 years. Many of the people who post on these boards cruise multiple times each year and are spending much more over 2 years than we do even if they are staying in standard cabins. Maybe we should disparage them for having enough money to cruise so often?

I could care less about perks like Luminae. We will use it because it is included but we always enjoyed dining in both the main dining room and the specialty restaurants. We have never asked any of our fellow guests what type cabin they have because we could care less. We have never met fellow suite guests who considered themselves superior or acted snooty. They may be out there but so what? That's life folks. Kind of like the attitude in the quoted post.

If you think we are evil because we sail in a royal suite good for you. It's your prejudice, not mine.

What Curt meant is that the Michael's Club Concierge is able to control the flow of diners in the higher-end suites to ensure that there were no queues at Luminae for any suite guests.