Reflection has 2X more suites Luminae same size?

cruiseerf

Hello All:

I heard from a friend that Luminae, the new suite dining room was made the same size on all ships and that the service on the Reflection is poor there, with so many people and not enough space and servers??

Can someone confirm this or deny? We are looking to book a cruise on Reflection however are concerned if Luminae is going to be the disaster that Blue is on the reflection?

Celebrity previously lied when the rolled out the Reflection claiming that the dining room was bigger blue was bigger etc....This all turnout out to be untrue and in the beginning they had big problems with the extra people in the venues. We have avoided her since a bad cruise in her early days. Now she has a good itinerary for us though.......

Thanking everyone in advance.

On Reflection we sail in a regular balcony cabin, and dine with the common masses in the MDR, or the Oceanview. And if we feel the need to hob nob, we bellie up and pay extra to go to Murano or Tuscan. Hence we don't have to endure the high brow crowding in Blu or Lumina. No one lied to us.

ps: if your concerned about being to crowded with common folk, there are other ways to see the places you want to go see.

Edited by wallie5446

I sailed on the Reflection when their were Aqua Suites that had access to Blu and the restaurant (IMHO) wasn't overcrowded. I'm fairly certain that Blu will be even less crowded now that there's a suite dining room available.

People tend to forget that Royal suites, Penthouse suites, and the Reflection suite all have unlimited specialty dining. It seems to me that all suite guests will not be dining in the suite dining room at the same time on the same day.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by vulcan1971

Yeah, I am not so sure about that. For there are many people who don't like Blu since they downgraded the food quality they purchase. This was done 12 months ago and many people Can tell. We learned of this onboard when we noticed the quality had changed. Thats fine, Celebrity needs to make $$ I get it.

Luminae on the Equinox and the Silhouette has been fabulous....quiet and unrushed....the opposite of Blu as the kitchen is only preparing for 100 meals.....But now the Kitchen is preparing for 200 meals in the same space? Perhaps I am wrong, I am hoping so.

As Far as Wallie and his hobnobbing. My Grannie always told me to be yourself and never judge others. Glad you are enjoying your balcony cabin. Cruising is for everyone.

Cheers1

Hello All:

I heard from a friend that Luminae, the new suite dining room was made the same size on all ships and that the service on the Reflection is poor there, with so many people and not enough space and servers??

Can someone confirm this or deny? We are looking to book a cruise on Reflection however are concerned if Luminae is going to be the disaster that Blue is on the reflection?

Celebrity previously lied when the rolled out the Reflection claiming that the dining room was bigger blue was bigger etc....This all turnout out to be untrue and in the beginning they had big problems with the extra people in the venues. We have avoided her since a bad cruise in her early days. Now she has a good itinerary for us though.......

Thanking everyone in advance.

We were just on the Reflection for the 11 day eastern Mediterranean cruise and dined in Luminae most nights. It was never crowded to the point where we ever had to wait for a table and always seated immediately. Each time we noticed a few tables always available in both rooms. Staff was excellent and we enjoyed every dinner.

We were just on the Reflection for the 11 day eastern Mediterranean cruise and dined in Luminae most nights. It was never crowded to the point where we ever had to wait for a table and always seated immediately. Each time we noticed a few tables always available in both rooms. Staff was excellent and we enjoyed every dinner.

Thanks for an answer to the OP's question...from someone who is/was ACTUALLY on the ship and experiencing it....:)

Yes, Thank you for answering my question a bit. Glad it was not crowded and you enjoyed.

But does anyone know if it is bigger then the Luminae on the other ships which have less passengers visiting?

Thanks? ERF

On Reflection we sail in a regular balcony cabin, and dine with the common masses in the MDR, or the Oceanview. And if we feel the need to hob nob, we bellie up and pay extra to go to Murano or Tuscan. Hence we don't have to endure the high brow crowding in Blu or Lumina. No one lied to us.

ps: if your concerned about being to crowded with common folk, there are other ways to see the places you want to go see.

What is the purpose of this? Are you running for President? The fact is that there are millions of people who will never be able to set foot on any cruise ship, and they're looking at you in your balcony cabin and thinking "Look at that snotty, high brow Texan eating in fancy restaurants on that beautiful ship. I hate rich folks." Get it?

Nothing you said had anything to do with the OP's question. There is no need for you to make the "common masses" and "common folk" comments. No one was making any derogatory remarks about passengers not using the suite only facilities and, the OP has a perfect right to ask questions about it without you trying to make them feel guilty for choosing to book a suite.

Edited by LabGuy64

cruiseerf why are you even considering Celebrity when you obviously don't like them very much.

Because just like many others they won't give their hard earned take home pay to one of the other cruise line. if Celebrity has lied, then it looks like they are in like company with a few of their passengers.

A lot of back and forth here.....

Glad some people enjoy Blu.....it is so hard to say about foods on ships as on large ships cooking thousands of meals....even with consistency methods in place, the chef can make a difference and they all rotate. So what is good one cruise, 6 months later can be not so good etc.

As far as me not liking Celebrity. Much to the contrary. I enjoy Celebrity very much and we set our expectations properly when sailing a large ship cruise line. I am also just a very practical person and realize that these ships are indeed a business.

Lastly, we booked the reflection and I will report back if they made Luminae bigger to accommodate or perhaps staffed it more to turn the tables faster etc.

Safe sails to all!

Luminae is open dining but they appreciate you giving them an approximate dining time. Only time we ever saw anyone wait was a couple (prime time) who wanted a window seat.

what is the dress code for breakfast ?

A lot of back and forth here.....

Glad some people enjoy Blu.....it is so hard to say about foods on ships as on large ships cooking thousands of meals....even with consistency methods in place, the chef can make a difference and they all rotate. So what is good one cruise, 6 months later can be not so good etc.

As far as me not liking Celebrity. Much to the contrary. I enjoy Celebrity very much and we set our expectations properly when sailing a large ship cruise line. I am also just a very practical person and realize that these ships are indeed a business.

Lastly, we booked the reflection and I will report back if they made Luminae bigger to accommodate or perhaps staffed it more to turn the tables faster etc.

Safe sails to all!

Suspect STRONGLY that Luminae is the same size on all "S" class ships....will be interested to hear what you find out, or perhaps the Celebrity rep can clear this up. We're on Reflection next year, so do have an interest in this...

Suspect STRONGLY that Luminae is the same size on all "S" class ships....will be interested to hear what you find out, or perhaps the Celebrity rep can clear this up. We're on Reflection next year, so do have an interest in this...

on reflection next week and will be giving luminae a try [emoji41]

will let you know in here how we got on [emoji2]

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have updated information on this issue? We are thinking about booking a Suite on an upcoming Reflection cruise, and wondering if Luminae is crowded since there are so many more suites on Reflection vs. the other Soltisce class ships.

When we were on the Equinox earlier in the year, Luminae was always uncrowded, which we enjoyed.

If you compare the updated deck plans for Reflection and Eclipse, they are exactly the same size with exactly the same table layout.