Celebrities, VIPs, Rich and Famous on X

Pipo

Pete Best, the guy who left the Beatles before they were famous was on our Constellation westbound transatlantic in 2013. We did not meet, or even see, him but one of the crew told us and, surprisingly, brought up his security photograph on the screen for us to see. We were a bit uncomfortable that any crew member would do that.

On our first ever cruise on the silhouette a crew member told us had had served Arsene Wenger on a previous cruise... For those not sure who he is google him![emoji16]

Talking about rich though, I did read an online review once by a son of Very wealthy parents. When they cruises Mum and Dad scored a PH suite,many each of the sons had a RS each, 'so they could spread out and have some privacy'. [emoji44][emoji383][emoji15][emoji383][emoji47]

Now that's a story I'm not sharing with MY kids as they would never quad share with us again in a balcony cabin!!! [emoji57][emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had Rick Steves and he came to our cruise critic sail away and meeting. Being Brits we had no clue who he was but he was very nice when we talked to him. There was a lot of excitement from all the U.S. cruise critic members. This was on the Equinox in 2011.

I have never met a celebrity on Celebrity but I was wondering if anyone knows where to find the episode of "The Nanny" that Fran Drescher and company filmed on The Century. I only found out about it recently and would love to watch it. I think they filmed the episode when The Century was new, around 1996. Thanks!

We stepped onto an elevator once and there was Steve Doocy - one of the anchors on the national Fox News channel. This was on Solstice her first New Years sailing. Not exactly famous but I recognized him right away - I smiled but chose not to interrupt his vacation by saying hello.

Actress Shirley Jones was aboard Equinox Transatlantic in Spring 2010. She gave three talks about her life and career to a packed house each time in the Celebrity Theater. Classy lady......

We had Rick Steves and he came to our cruise critic sail away and meeting. Being Brits we had no clue who he was but he was very nice when we talked to him. There was a lot of excitement from all the U.S. cruise critic members. This was on the Equinox in 2011.

That would have been nice to have been on this cruise with Rick Steves. Love his TV shows on PBS, etc. From our two Celebrity Solstice cruise, no "celebrities", other us, maybe??!!

On a 2008 Crystal cruise in the Baltics, there was a former Prime Minster of Japan sailing with us. Does that count?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 113,034 views for this posting.

Never saw anyone famous but lots of look alikes. Something I enjoy looking for. Just a few. Rod Stewart and Robin Williams on a Celebrity ship and Harrison Ford on a beach in St. Lucia during an excursion. That last one could have been the real thing. Still not sure.

Several years ago we were on one of the M ships with Edward Villella, former principal dancer with the New York City Ballet, Kennendy Center award honoree, and ,at the time, artistic director of the Miami City Ballet. He gave a few talks and one afternoon we actually sat at the same table in the MDR for lunch. It was very special to us as our daughter had won a summer scholarship with the Miami Ballet a few summers before. Both he and his wife, a former Canadian skating champion, were delightful.

We had a chat with Simon Calder on the Eclipse, who often appears on the BBC news whenever there is some sort of air transport related problem going on. On another occasion, we were sailing out of Singapore on the Solstice where there is a requirement for all passengers to hand in their passports as the authorities won’t let the ship sail until they have seen everyone’s. Despite frequent reminders over the ships’ tannoy we were still waiting for a handful to hand them in 2 hours after we had supposed to have left. At this point the ship decided to name and shame the few remaining passengers. One was Alan Titchmarsh who is a well-known gardener in the UK. We heard later than he was most upset that everyone on the ship knew he was on it! Shame.:p

Never saw anyone famous but lots of look alikes. Something I enjoy looking for. Just a few. Rod Stewart and Robin Williams on a Celebrity ship and Harrison Ford on a beach in St. Lucia during an excursion. That last one could have been the real thing. Still not sure.

So funny! - this is a fav thing for me, as well.

Last cruise it was Larry David..I even said to him "has any body ever told you...". He was cordial and said yes, a little embarrassed I think, his wife was rolling her eyes, she did not know who Larry David is.

No, but then again I don't look out for who else in on board, we are only interested in our cruise.

But you look very interested on the topic. Thank you for participating in this forum.

Was he accessible?

No, in fact a general announcement was made that he and his wife had requested total privacy and please not to approach him. We had a fairly rowdy group of 13 people from San Francisco, including the mayor at that time, and we were always having a lot of fun. He and his wife would sit off in the corner by themselves and we thought it was a shame that they weren't interested in participating and having a little levity in their lives!